Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Weirdest place you've met someone famous ?

For me it was on Monday tea-time, was sat in Pizza Hut in Grimsby with my Tasha (her choice, not mine) and Shayne Ward popped in and ate a full meat feast pan pizza to himself (fat bastard). That was a stroke of luck because we were going to see him later that night in some sort of concert thing.

So where's the weirdest place you've ever met someone "famous" ???

Who the F in Shayne Ward, and how is he or she famous?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Shane Warne, in Club Barcelona, West Street. One of the cheap tarts whom I was failing to chat up stopped him and asked if his "hobby" was playing cricket or something. Meanwhile Dmitri Mascarenas was leaning a girl over the bar and feeling her tits from behind, while Robin Smith just sat there getting shitfaced.

Another one for the rapidly greening Buzzer.

The Polly link was a previous Mrs Wildy Ears, Maria, and she does most of Polly's art work, photos, videos etc, (they were mates from being teenagers in Yeovil.)
So there was more than one occassion when the lovely Polly,sometimes fresh from the bath and with a towel wrapped round her wet hair, would sit with me at Maria's kitchen table and we'd drink tea and chat and I would know that in about half an hour after we'd parted I would have something witty to say that would win her heart.

Most of the time I just dribbled and said "Hmmgggrrffff"

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Probably in the toilets at Leeds United when the Albion played up there...Ken Bates came in and stood next to me. I wasn't sure of the etiquette involved. In the end we greeted each other and he said to enjoy the game.

Should point out that he wouldn't have known I was an Albion fan as I was wearing a suit!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Probably in the toilets at Leeds United when the Albion played up there...Ken Bates came in and stood next to me. I wasn't sure of the etiquette involved. In the end we greeted each other and he said to enjoy the game.

Should point out that he wouldn't have known I was an Albion fan as I was wearing a suit!

Ahh, I can help you with that. The correct etiquette there, would have been to punch him square in the face, before doing THIS;

http://www.comeonboro.com/football_funnies/180031.php

[PS I KNOW its fixtures, but everyone needs to see it!]

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Country singer Garth Brooks, Yukon, Oklahoma, (he was born in Okie). Nice bloke actually, bit surprised to meet an Englishman in such a backwater. Not so strange except that Oklahoma is considered strange by most Americans, very Bible Belt.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I met Trevor MacDonald in the queue for Mr Bean the movie.

Not as good as some of the above, but it was about the last place I would have expected to meet him.

I was in the Hard Rock cafe in Los Angeles with a pal, and David Rappaport (lead in Time Bandits and 'The Wizard' series, and 'Futumsh' on The Young Ones) ambled in. We got chatting with the lad and spent the evening having a few beers, and he joined us in our pub crawl for the evening. Sadly he committed suicide a couple of years afterwards - I think it was over a (full sized) bird.

Jean Claude van Damme pulled up a chair at the next table of a caff and started chatting to me, we bantered about my dog, and the kids he was with. I imagined he would've been a cocky twat in life, but he seemed an alright chappie actually.
Almost crashed the car head-on into one Arnold Schwarzenegger, as much his fault as mine as he was coming in the drive and I was leaving.
Julian Lennon made 'small talk' in a hotel bog.
Drinking with Green Day in (the same) hotel lounge, surrounded by a midget convention (or something), where we debated who would fling who.
Introduced to a friend of a friend, (in that same hotel) a Mr. Herbie Hancock (jazz legend who played in Miles' band)
Was seemingly the only person to recognize Mitch Mitchell at a 'China Club' gig in Santa Monica. I thanked him for the great music, but failed to mention that The Cry Of Love was my first ever album purchase.
Lydon moved his 30' cabin cruiser just a dock over from mine - we'd already got talking at a local bar, and we became pals ....until the gayer came out, then couldn't handle 'rejection' (or whatever gayers call it when they hit on a straight bloke). I even advised the silly animated bugger on the Filthy Lucre 'revival tour' thing the Pistols did. Told him it was a bad idea musically, but good if he wanted to cash in bigstyle.
Used to play football with a lad who was a character on 'Brookside' (though I didn't know what that was as I never saw it), and found him a new manager, and agent. He returned to the UK to join Emmerdale, then married a lass off Coronation Street.

Sat next to Sting at a gig, a young (and long-haired) Andre Agassi at a comedy show, Dustin Hoffman at a (dorm seating) restaurant, and Timothy Leary a co-regular at my local restaurant/cafe, and (a 'collectors piece' of sightings) sat next table over from Paul Simon and Neil Simon (playwright)(and not related to each other I don't think).

Chatted with Lemmy a couple of times at a bar I used to frequent, mostly about wimmins.

Found myself unexpectedly asked to do an acting role in a scene with Roddy McDowell (Hollywood child-actor who went on to do several films, and played Gaylan in Planet Of The Apes series)(now deceased).

Crashed full-on (neither of us was looking where we were going) into Andy Warhol at a crowded club - he gave me that shocked look he seemed to have been born with, but we both turned away without a word and kept on our merry ways. I expect he would still be talking about it today, if he wasn't brown bread (dipped in Campbell's Soup, naturally)

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Another one for the rapidly greening Buzzer.

The Polly link was a previous Mrs Wildy Ears, Maria, and she does most of Polly's art work, photos, videos etc, (they were mates from being teenagers in Yeovil.)
So there was more than one occassion when the lovely Polly,sometimes fresh from the bath and with a towel wrapped round her wet hair, would sit with me at Maria's kitchen table and we'd drink tea and chat and I would know that in about half an hour after we'd parted I would have something witty to say that would win her heart.

Most of the time I just dribbled and said "Hmmgggrrffff"

you absolute jammy cackbadger. What a great anecdote. I'd be dining out on that for years.

Although if it were me in your position I doubt I'd be so lucid as to say Hmmgggrrffff.

Did you run to the bath and collect any of the hairs?

bloody hell, that turned into a bloody long list of reminiscences!

I only wish I could top it all by fondly sweeping Kylie's chimney.

However, and also when working as an assistant casting director and coordinator in Hollyweird, I interviewed (and polaroid-ed Traci Lords) Cameron Diaz, Rebecca Romain and Cindy Margolis....amongst others.

Last edited:

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Queueing for a train ticket at Gatwick I realised Gary Oldman was in front of me. He turned round and realised I had recognised him. Just gave a me a smile and a nod. What a moment.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Polly Harvey.

polly%20jean.jpg

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
One of the Albion players in the back of a police van...

Dez

Jul 5, 2003
Brighton
I was on my mates stag weekend to Riga when the BA boarding bloke said "you'll no doubt see Ant and Dec out there as they flew out on a stag weekend yesterday". Sure enough when we were queueing up to get in a club they were there infront of us. The funny thing was, we all got in, and they were turned away!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here