Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We Don't Want to Sell Bennett"

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Hmmmmmmmmmmm I rather suspect he's made his mind up... it's them or us... and it sounds like it's them. Gus will try to convince him, but the club can't compete with the big boys... yet... our time is coming however... with or without those, whom lack the wit to see it... of this I'm sure.

Keep the faith.

Nowich City are not a 'big club' though, and nothing we can't be with Falmer next season

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Nowich City are not a 'big club' though, and nothing we can't be with Falmer next season

Please, Norwich are a big club currently doing very well in the Championship with a strong chance of going up.

I would be absolutely gutted if we accepted a bid and Bennett chose to go. Don't think he is the sort to demand a transfer or anything but you can't blame him if he chose to leave, football is a short career and you have to earn as much and play at the highest level possible. Pray that Mr Bloom tells them where to go and Bennett is more than happy doing what he is doing at the moment and guides us to promotion. The summer will be another matter

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
There must be a sell on clause to Wolves as well.

TBH I think he is very much a player in the making still and career wise would do better to stay here a bit longer.

If Norwich get into the Premiership he won't get a look in, still may triple his pay.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
Just a thought, haven't they got Lansbury on loan for arsenal for the rest of the season playing right wing ?

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Please, Norwich are a big club currently doing very well in the Championship with a strong chance of going up.

A club with a 25k stadium and 25k crowds a big club, do me a favour! If Norwich are a big club, what does that make Man United or Arsenal?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
A club with a 25k stadium and 25k crowds a big club, do me a favour! If Norwich are a big club, what does that make Man United or Arsenal?

Compared to us they are a big club and have a solid chance of going up.

Norfolk Mustard

Jan 15, 2011
Norwich are a decent-sized club - 25/26k gates most weeks and nice facilities. Crofts has slotted in to the team amazingly well - fabulous player. Personally, I'd never heard of him, nor Bennett either. Given the way Gus has got Brighton playing, I'm not surprised attention is coming your way!
Having won League One last year, I can understand you want to keep your squad together -to be frank, I think Norwich will be fielding a few bids at the moment too...

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
The argument that Norwich are not a 'big club', is quite clearly a ridiculous one. They are bigger than us in every sense at the moment, and will able to give Bennett a considerable wage increase.

I'm afraid the fact is that 9 times out of 10 in this situation, the player moves. It is just a matter of making sure we get as much money as possible. What makes this worse for me, is that it is just not Elliot's play which is so fantastic, but his general reaction to winning/scoring which shows how much he cares. I trust Gus to find replacements. but going by what he sounded like in the interview, he obviously knows just how hard that is going to be in Bennett's case.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
You could in no way fault Bennett for wanting to go to Norwich, they will pay him more money and offer him the opportunity for going to the Premiership next year. Can't blame him like you couldn't blame Crofts. I just hope Gus has a couple of players lined up. Or maybe we can ask Slade a favour and uncover us another gem that Orient can't afford?

Whitterz

Mmmmm? Marvellous
Aug 9, 2008
Eastbourne
The club would have to be bloody mad to sell arguably our best player mid-way through the season, whatever the cost. If we are to be ambitious next season (if we go up), then Benno is a player we need to keep hold of. Sell him, and I fear a row of dominoes being knocked over.

If they want the player, then the club should make them wait until the summer when we know what our position is. Selling a player as influential as Bennett for say £1.5 million, and failing to get promoted will cost us alot more than the sale of that player.

Assets should be kept, especially when there is so much at stake for us THIS season.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Well, I'm relaxed in the fact that Elliott can't go anywhere without our permission! As previously said if we get to the Championship next season and Elliott is still with us and performing well then his value increases and Premiership scouts will be watching.With Norwich its a calculated gamble that he is taking.

I say to Tony Bloom, tell Elliott to keep his head down , work for the team, and if we don't get promoted this season we will let you talk to interested clubs in The Championship/Premiership in the summer.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here