Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We Don't Want to Sell Bennett"

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Don't get me wrong I don't think we should sell him - in my mind he is irreplaceable, as others have said, I'd have genuine fear for automatic promotion and maybe even for playoffs if we lost him. Unfortunately common sense like "we're on the up" or "we're top of the league" doesn't speak as loudly as money does in football. My point is, if we're not as cash-rich as we think we are, and if Norwich/QPR offer a seven-figure transfer fee - I don't think even Bloom will be able to turn that down. Which would spell disaster given his influence on our season so far.

Bennetts value is not going to decrease... We can afford to wait

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
Was it me or did he not look over joyed at scoring today. He looked almost miserable. Maybe he knows he is off

You mean his running over to the fans and punching the air celebration? Didn't look very miserable to me...

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
If the Albion get promoted, he'd be worth far more as a Championship player than he is at the moment as in all probability we'd be selling to a Premiership side.

Got to trust Bloom's poker playing hand here.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
Would be very shortsighted of him if he does leave. He is a key part of a successful side playing attractive football at the top of the league. He is playing for one of the brightest managerial talents and if promoted will play a key part in what will be a very competitive championship club. Whilst Norwich seems like an attractive shortcut there is no guarantee he would be a success there or even get a game should they go up (which I do not believe they will).

He has been given a real break at Brighton the least he owes us is delaying any thoughts of a move until the summer when (if he continues this form) he will be worth more and by then will be able to weigh up the option of staying with us against other offers.

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
i'm labouring on here but...we really are in a fantastic position...it is usually bloody hard to get out of this league as Leeds and Forest found...if we don't get promoted this year it could be a good few years before we do...because of that and the huge financial implications associated with the risk of not being promoted selling our star player makes no sense for the long term future of the club...this is, as someone said earlier potentially the defining moment of our season...Bloom has to back poyet!

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Elliott Bennett can end the speculation right now by telling us what he plans to do. We fans pay his wages, so have a right to know what's going on, and he's the man best placed to know that.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
Yet on the other Bennett thread you say that if Norwich get promoted (and Bennett goes to Norwich), he would hardly feature in their first team...?

For the reasons you list above - attitude, versatility, intelligence - I believe he probably would. And even if he only starts as a fringe player, he'd probably establish himself fairly quickly.

Oh, and he'd be earning heaps more money.

The Premiership is a HUGE step up. Just look at Lua Lua.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I would be disappointed if Bennett were to go for anything less than £2m. Anything less is just not worth it, considering promotion to the Championship is worth £4m.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Bloody hell this is depressing, nearly feels like someones died. Hopefully he's level headed enuf, which tobe honest he looks like he is and realise he's still young and everything is going right for him at the mo at brighton. reevalute ur sitution in the summer Bennett not now pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
what do you want him to do? write to us individually
Elliott Bennett can end the speculation right now by telling us what he plans to do. We fans pay his wages, so have a right to know what's going on, and he's the man best placed to know that.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Yep,he should take a leaf out of Eddie Howe's book.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
No you don't

No you don't, you have zero rights on this.

Possibly, but suspect that Delia, Gus, Ken Brown and Paul Lambert know just as much too.

We fans contribute to his wages.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
He's quite capable of using the media to communicate his intentions to fans.

Sep 1, 2010
That interview did not sound very hopeful.

No it didn't. Gus seems like he is resigned to losing not only Bennett but maybe Murray as well. If we lose both of them.........we are in trouble. The next few weeks are very defining in my opinion and could shape the next few yrs for us. The next big sniff will be around Poyet of course

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
If we were to get an offer we couldn't say no to & the chance to sign a quality replacement then i could see him leaving.
However the club would be nuts if they were to sell our most creative player & the driving force behind our promotion bid without having someone lined up or already in to take his place.
Personally i think he'll stay untill the summer at least.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here