Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We Don't Want to Sell Bennett"

Windels

Jan 15, 2011
Tunbridge Wells
I don't see why we would even sell him for lets say 1.5 million. If we keep him for the rest of the season and get promotion then we would probably get closer to 4 for him if he wants to leave. If not, he can help us stay in the Championship. I don't even see it as a risk, because even in the unlikely result that we don't get promoted, then we could still be able to sell him for maybe 750,000. So why look for the quick bit of cash when the chances are we could be able to keep him for the championship, or if not then sell him for significantly more than we could get now.

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
Bennett is here to do a job and signed a new 3 and a half year contract and he should finish what he and Brighton started because he is a vital part of it and is a fan favourite, if anyone can make im stay its Poyet. Anyway if he did go we are in a strong position to make a lot of money out of it if he did turn his back on us. We are all in this together lets go out and win the league !!!!

well said mate he has the beating of most of the league defenders and is clearly a very special player who could play in any league with his skill level and pace. He is worth at least £1 million if not a lot more in the next year or so. He is playing for a team top of the league and if he stays im sure a team that will be in the championship next season. why move 6 months early ??

LOL!

jezzer

Jul 18, 2003
eastbourne
The bottom line is if Bennett wants to go cos Norwich have tapped him for his likely wages then he`ll go cos he`ll pester us to let him go, if he doesnt want to go then if he still ends up going it will be down to Tony Bloom. Whether we can afford to turn down a really decent offer, only TB knows the answer to that. If Bennett wants to go, only bennett knows the answer to that, so all this speculation is pointless, unless theres gonna be a press conference with the two of them discussing their current thoughts which is not likely, is it.

Message to Elliot - Dont go please, we could be better than Norwich in a couple of years time.

The Fifth Column

Lazy mug
Nov 30, 2010
Hangleton
Has anybody even considered that Norwich may not actually be that flush and able to afford Bennett or that he may be quite happy to stay regardless of the interest? Its only an enquiry so far so I'm not too concerned but if Elliot thinks its a good move for him and the club accept a bid then fair play to him I hope he does well and I'll wish him all the best and move on, christ some people on here are beginning to sound like Swindon fans!

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
I like what somebody said about him house hunting- regardless if it's true or not i'm going to ignore everything else and listen to that!

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
If you could earn say an extra 5k a week at a better comapny what would you do?

Hate to point it out but that's football money talks. Let's just see what happens.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
As an extra to Goring Gull's line above, players have a finite career that can be ended with one rash tackle. It's all well and good saying hang on for six months but there is always the (admittedly remote) possibility that he could have his kneecaps removed with a two footer.

OK, he's on a four year contract with us but let's say he was offered a further four years at an extra £5k a week at Norwich. That's an extra £1,040,000 in the pension pot. Whar are you going to do?

I love the guy and I hope he stays but I'm not going to give him any abuse if he chooses to go. To us, Brighton is a state of mind and a way of life but to players it is essentially a job.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
There is also the other fact Norwich are a bigger club than we are despite some peoples blind outlook on here that we are as big as Man Utd or Barcelona- There is no guarantee we are going to get promoted and we are no where near the premier league yet where as Norwich are there or there abouts this season however i don't think they will get promoted but if you were a player the temptation would be hard to resist.

As a club we must show ambition but at the same time not become blinkered to teh fact we are a selling club if the right offer comes in- This may start to change is we continue to do well but football has changed so much from the days when a team like Derby, Forest could take the top division by storm and win the ultimate prize. Money talks end of and with out it your club will never amount to much.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Without being disrespectful to Norwich (clearly currently bigger and better than us), if Bennett was to leave I think he could do better than them. Can see him being a good player for a lower premiership player and improving from that.

Would be gutted if the worst did happen and he does leave, the team is built around him and to lose him would be a huge hole in our side no matter what some may say.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
There is also the other fact Norwich are a bigger club than we are despite some peoples blind outlook on here that we are as big as Man Utd or Barcelona- There is no guarantee we are going to get promoted and we are no where near the premier league yet where as Norwich are there or there abouts this season however i don't think they will get promoted but if you were a player the temptation would be hard to resist.

As a club we must show ambition but at the same time not become blinkered to teh fact we are a selling club if the right offer comes in- This may start to change is we continue to do well but football has changed so much from the days when a team like Derby, Forest could take the top division by storm and win the ultimate prize. Money talks end of and with out it your club will never amount to much.
Yes but like many that go up its the momentum that gives them the edge in the championship now,next season they will struggle or maybe mid-table and they have 20 million of debt to clear.:)

mike79

Sep 28, 2005
Bournemouth
Yes but like many that go up its the momentum that gives them the edge in the championship now,next season they will struggle or maybe mid-table and they have 20 million of debt to clear.:)

not sure i agree about the momentum thing

didn't peterborough go straight back down?

the only way we'll struggle if still in the champ next season unless we lose our best players

and the debt we have is managable with agreements hence we can sign players

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here