Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We Don't Want to Sell Bennett"

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
If he wants to go then let him go..If a player wants to leave then i don't want him here....We thought our season was f***ed when KLL got crocked, now we have improved.Gus the man will find someone else.

If bennett wants to leave fine (although I don't think that is the case)

The bigger issue is whether we are prepared to sell him.
Is the club as ambitious as we think.

cw00

Mar 29, 2009
Manchester
i think we can turn down 500k, not as if we are short for money at the moment plus on the pitch hes probably worth a lot more than that.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
i think we can turn down 500k, not as if we are short for money at the moment plus on the pitch hes probably worth a lot more than that.

When I say 500k, I mean plus add-ons etc. So I don't think we'll turn that kind of money, since we've signed him for £250,000 anyway. It would be a great piece of business, but he won't go anywhere so why should we sell?

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
When I say 500k, I mean plus add-ons etc. So I don't think we'll turn that kind of money, since we've signed him for £250,000 anyway. It would be a great piece of business, but he won't go anywhere so why should we sell?

£250,000, plus there is said to be a sell-on clause.
So, lets say it's 500k - 20% sell on, that.s £400,000.
Hardly seems like a great bit of business that!

Unless he explicitly says he wants to leave we won't accept that kind of money.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
£250,000, plus there is said to be a sell-on clause.
So, lets say it's 500k - 20% sell on, that.s £400,000.
Hardly seems like a great bit of business that!

Unless he explicitly says he wants to leave we won't accept that kind of money.

I haven't put an price on his head, but anything over 500K I honestly think we won't turn it down!!!!

Spanish Seagulls

Nov 18, 2007
Ladbroke Grove
500k is an absolute joke, 1.5 million is closer to his value. I would imagine selling EB for 500k would make people reconsider the clubs ambition. He isn't going anywhere for 500k.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
According to recent stuff on here, being in the Championship is worth roughly £4m more per season than being in League One. Selling Bennett could well f*** our chances of getting into the Championship. So working on that logic and the fact that he is on a 4-year contract, we would be silly to sell him in simple economic terms for less than £4 million. And nobody will offer that.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
as a norwich fan i'd love it if we signed bennett

He's nothing special, actually he's pretty turd. We've a much better winger called Gary Hart aka The Ultimate King. Most of the Gary Hart chants which come from the stands, tend to be related to David Beckham for clear obvious reasons. I reckon this is all just an attempt to lure Gary Hart in. Bennett would struggle to get in your youth team regardless of his age. I reckon Norwich know about The Ultimate King and this is the core reason why Bennetts even starting right now.

collins91

Jan 21, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
Bennett is here to do a job and signed a new 3 and a half year contract and he should finish what he and Brighton started because he is a vital part of it and is a fan favourite, if anyone can make im stay its Poyet. Anyway if he did go we are in a strong position to make a lot of money out of it if he did turn his back on us. We are all in this together lets go out and win the league !!!!

collins91

Jan 21, 2010
Brighton, United Kingdom
well said mate he has the beating of most of the league defenders and is clearly a very special player who could play in any league with his skill level and pace. He is worth at least £1 million if not a lot more in the next year or so. He is playing for a team top of the league and if he stays im sure a team that will be in the championship next season. why move 6 months early ??

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If he wants to go and the bid is good, we won't stand in his way. The same happened with Crofts. However well we are doing, more money and a chance to play in a promotion chasing team in the Championship is quite likely to swing it for a player who is not even a Brighton fan.

We'll see just how good Gus is as we try and replace him or change the way we play to compensate for losing him.

I think Bennett is off. Really hope I'm wrong though.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Bennett is here to do a job and signed a new 3 and a half year contract and he should finish what he and Brighton started because he is a vital part of it and is a fan favourite, if anyone can make im stay its Poyet. Anyway if he did go we are in a strong position to make a lot of money out of it if he did turn his back on us. We are all in this together lets go out and win the league !!!!

well said mate he has the beating of most of the league defenders and is clearly a very special player who could play in any league with his skill level and pace. He is worth at least £1 million if not a lot more in the next year or so. He is playing for a team top of the league and if he stays im sure a team that will be in the championship next season. why move 6 months early ??

???

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London

I would be very disappointed if we accepted an offer under £1 million. Can't believe with the money teams spend on players these days, that anyone would be happy with £500K for a player with as many assists as Bennett. I am not sure how much money Norwich have but I think it is unlikely they can afford the money we will want.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If he wants to go and the bid is good, we won't stand in his way. The same happened with Crofts. However well we are doing, more money and a chance to play in a promotion chasing team in the Championship is quite likely to swing it for a player who is not even a Brighton fan.

We'll see just how good Gus is as we try and replace him or change the way we play to compensate for losing him.

I think Bennett is off. Really hope I'm wrong though.

I think people under estimate the influence Gus has on players. Playing for him is a huge thing and hopefully that will keep all our players here for this season at least. Bennett signed a new deal recently so unless someone comes in with a huge offer it won't be accepted and I don't think Norwich can match that value.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
If he wants to go then let him go..If a player wants to leave then i don't want him here....We thought our season was f***ed when KLL got crocked, now we have improved.Gus the man will find someone else.

I am not sure he does want to go but you are right about Gus being the most important factor. I am also slightly more worried about losing Murray in a way as with him being out of contract, we will not get a massive transfer fee. If Bennett goes (and I would be gutted if he did) we would at least get a large transfer fee for him which would hopefully be reinvested in the team.

Maybe we should ban all scouts from Withdean for the rest of the season to stop anyone seeing our players.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here