Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

"We Don't Want to Sell Bennett"

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Why? He is worth far more than that to us. He could be the difference between promotion and staying down in this league. The Championship is worth at least £4m more to us. Oxo-Chamberlain (Third division winger) is being quoted at £8m-£10m.

This. Plus his contract is lengthy

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Sounds like it will be down to the player. I cant see Mr Bloom being impressed by other chairman waving their chequebooks about. Its not as if he is skint, these arnt the days of Knight.

Goring Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Huddersfield
It'll come down to what Bennett himself wants - If he wants to go the club have to give in and sell him or have him here if he doesn't want to be. So hopefully he wants to stay.

Sep 1, 2010
I don't think it is as simple as that though, It's obviously a bit of a tap up and will depend on Bennett himself. He could be playing Premiership football next season if he moves. I would be gutted if he goes though

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
If the price is right, he'll go - simples. That's how football works these days. Hope he doesn't go, though..............

folkestonesgull

Oct 8, 2006
folkestone
It'll come down to what Bennett himself wants - If he wants to go the club have to give in and sell him or have him here if he doesn't want to be. So hopefully he wants to stay.

i disagree...he seems a professional sort of player...he has signed a new contract. if he wants to go he can play like he's been playing all season and go in the summer.

I don't think he will go anyway.

Falmer

Banned
Nov 22, 2010
Earth
Losing Bennett could also be the gateway to losing others ie Poyet. Look whats happened to Bournmouth since they sold their top striker. What effect selling Bennett will have on the desire of the club at this present stage could be devasting. His performance today showed how influencial he is to the style we play. It would be a huge blow if we lost him.
I'm really hoping he stays but the ultimate decision will be down to the Chairman, lets hope he gambles on keeping him.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
the other consideration is - is there a buy out clause if a certain valuation is met we may be forced to sell a la Swindon!!!!!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I wonder what Norwich will offer him.....certainly Crofts loves it up there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here