Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

WARNING to any TICKET CHEATS out there

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
Can I? You paying?

dont take any notice of NMH and his fan club he is just a pompous twat who selectively berates people who dont follow his line

i buy my tickets on a game by game basis due to work and other commitments(other commitments are getting more and more attractive compared to the withdean experience)and pay full wack and £2 booking fee for the priviledge,i can afford it. you take a different view AND ONE NOT FAR REMOVED FROM THOSE WHO BUY(and sell bits of their season tickets ) FROM THE TICKET EXCHANGE that a seat filled is better for the club than a seat empty.he boasts of his transatlantic lifestyle and wealth,perhaps he punts his unwanted tickets on the exchange also.

also he-surprisingly for a man touting the greenpeace cause-cant see the illlogicallity and environmental damage of importing water from asia

he is a twat and an old twat at that

the club failed to learn the lesson of the offer for the gillingham game,charge the right price and the ground will sell out. next years ticket price policy will drive even more fans away

Last edited:

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I can't be arsed to read the whole thread but I am aware that people have been using kids tickets to get in for many seasons now.

Why the club doesn't make them a different colour or something similar is beyond me.

Just having 'CONS' is small black print is not good enough.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
Just had a quick read thru this thread............and fair enough, ticket abuse needs to be looked at.
But, where was Zoo B Zoo, (presumably someone involved in the club) when the gates were just over 4,000....?
Or has he been sent on here by the club, because the play-offs are on the horizon, and he needs to use a gobshite attitude, which I recall was similar from the club in the days when we returned to Withdean....?

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
Zoo Monkey........You need to get out more, you come over as a right ****.

I simply cannot understand the attitude of people on here who think it is off for the club to check tickets! The club needs all the money it can get, and as has been pointed out many times on this thread, you wouldn't do it on a train or any other situation, so why is it okay to do it to a football club (and to 'your' club at that!)?

And Zesh, are you seriously saying that the £3 would be the difference between you going and not going? Or are you just saying that, since you can get away with it, you'd much rather have that extra pint in the pub as well as getting to see the game?

Rigoglioso

Nov 7, 2006
Donny
Didn't you already admit you were taking the piss??

I was sarcastic but it was nothing different to what she was like to one of our drivers - even though she was more menacing about it. Two wrong's don't make a right, but if she treats everyone by her own policies she shouldn't be in the stadium stewarding.

The way this thread has developed, then I'm really not surprised there is problems with BHAFC stewards. It's a shame as arsey stewards is probably the last thing you need when you're in that stadium, miles form the pitch watching football.

Zesh Rehman

Sep 6, 2006
Oxford
And Zesh, are you seriously saying that the £3 would be the difference between you going and not going? Or are you just saying that, since you can get away with it, you'd much rather have that extra pint in the pub as well as getting to see the game?

Dont go to the pub. Im saying that if im on a tight budget i buy a child ticket as i cant afford a student ticket.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
It's a shame as arsey stewards is probably the last thing you need when you're in that stadium, miles form the pitch watching football.

They gave you free PONCHOS what else you moaning about :p

Sorry, but while the club is adding a compulsory Travel Voucher that a large number of people have no use for, and which artificially inflates the price of a ticket by four or five quid, then they get all they deserve.
Sorry, Tom, but I think you're misunderstanding the pricing policy here.

As a condition of playing at Withdean, the Council requires the Club to fund a range of travel elements. These include stewards to discourage parking in the vicinity of the stadium, two park and ride services and incentives to use bus or train services. The cost of the whole package is met out of ticket income.

You seem to think that you should be exempt from ALL of these costs, because you walk to the ground. At the very least, you have to recognise that you should pay a share of the costs. If only to cover the wages of the stewards who patrol the streets, discouraging car parking.

We all benefit from the levy, because we have a stadium to play in. You can't simply assess its value by the personal savings that we make if we use a bus or a train.

Middle aged men aren't usually trying to get in as U-16's, but there may be some who use a SENIOR ticket when they aren't over the age of 65.

Again - to those who may want to, or have heard of people getting in under-price, be aware that it is something that's being taken care of now, so if you have a WRONG TICKET, you can simply go to the ticket office and bring the ticket up to CORRECT PRICE.
Can I ask a simple question here?

How is the correct price calculated?

If a Senior Season Ticket costs £248 or £264 or £303 or £327 - ie something in the range of £10.78 a game to £14.21 - (depending on when it was purchased) and this ticket is then used by someone who would normally be expected to pay £23.50 if they bought a one-off ticket, but could have bought a season ticket for £17.95 a game, how much does it cost to upgrade?

A case can be made for just about any price between £3.74 and £12.72.

What is the upgrade charge?

I would suggest that until the Club can publicise the answer to this question, they are on very thin ice trying to enforce a rule.

And it's not for a steward to be coming on to NSC to "warn" people about what the system is, until this pricing question has a clear - and fair - answer.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003

If a Senior Season Ticket costs £248 or £264 or £303 or £327 - ie something in the range of £10.78 a game to £14.21 - (depending on when it was purchased) and this ticket is then used by someone who would normally be expected to pay £23.50 if they bought a one-off ticket, but could have bought a season ticket for £17.95 a game, how much does it cost to upgrade?

I would suggest that until the Club can publicise the answer to this question, they are on very thin ice trying to enforce a rule.

And it's not for a steward to be coming on to NSC to "warn" people about what the system is, until this pricing question has a clear - and fair - answer.

I think that over complicates matters to be perfectly honest.

You can't use the second bracket (if they had bought a season ticket) because the person using the wrong ticket obviously hasn't got one.

If the ticket isn't be used for it's correct purpose it's perfectly acceptable for the club to take a base and an upper "bought for a single game" to work out the difference.

If the original cheaper ticket was a season ticket, then actually it's less to upgrade it because it was bought for a cheaper price ? unless my maths is wrong.

Seems quite straight forward to me.

Last edited:

So, Lord Bracknell, at Falmer will the travel voucher still be COMPULSORY? i.e will we all be pissing £4 up against the wall for EVERY match we don't use the voucher for? I can understand it's a condition of Withdean (although the fact I live next to the ground yet pay for 23 travel vouchers a season does still grate slightly), but if it is an indefinite rule that will still be applying at Falmer I see it as a major issue.

Who knows at the moment? It depends on what B&H council eventually approve because annex A, section 46 of the planning approval requires the following:
The Stadium shall not be brought into use unless and until a Travel Management Plan prepared in consultation with the Travel Management Group has been submitted to and approved in writing by the Local Planning Authority.

The Travel Management Plan shall include details of:
1. Match ticket sales points;
2. Provision of Transport Voucher or equivalent and journeys/modes to be covered by the same;
3, 4, 5,....... etc, etc

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Maybe I'm looking at this topic too simply, but isn't it just someone warning people who intend to buy junior priced tickets not too, as they may get refused entry as the club is looking to clamp down on those who try to cheat the club because they feel they are too important / special to follow rules and pay the right price and feel that they can get away with it and that the club should be gratefull?

Why then all this rubbish about where bottles of water that gets sold at the ground actually comes from, the cost of travel, the stewards or how come they can't stand in an all seater stadium?

If this warning means these people who look to take advantage end up paying the correct price that they should actually be paying to watch the club, instead of being publically embarrassed on the gates when found out, then it's surely a good thing!!

I think that over complicates matters to be perfectly honest.

You can't use the second bracket (if they had bought a season ticket) because the person using the wrong ticket obviously hasn't got one.

If the ticket isn't be used for it's correct purpose it's perfectly acceptable for the club to take a base line "bought for a single game" to work out the difference.

If the said ticket was a season ticket, then actually it's less to upgrade it because it was bought for a cheaper price ? unless my maths is wrong :D
In the example I gave, if the Club want to make sure the ticket used by the adult is charged at the full "single game" price of £23.50 and it was a season ticket that cost £10.78 a game when it was bought, it would cost £12.72 to upgrade.

That is a higher upgrade charge than, say, the £8 difference between a one-off adult ticket and a one-off senior ticket.

Or are they going to let the adult benefit from the discount that was originally applied to the ticket when it was sold?

That second option seems to me to be reasonable, but, until it is confirmed, I'm unclear as to what is intended.

In simple terms, all I am saying is that the Club should publish the upgrade charges, before a steward comes on here with a so-called "warning".

Seagull Stew

Aren't season tickets technically non-transferrable?
Of course the club would not enforce this rule, but would expect that supporters make an effort to upgrade their ticket if they were not in the correct age bracket. I would have thought the extra amount charged would be decided as if the ticket was on a match by match basis. Of course that is my opinion and I could be completely wrong.
I could not imagine that the club have authorised the original poster's "warning" on here, assuming that he/she is an employee of the club and would probably not be best pleased that it has been "delivered" in such a way.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath

Have posted that question to Insider on Ask the Club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here