Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Violence at West Ham V Millwall

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Millwall and West Ham having a ruck is a tradition now. The fact that reports say that many Millwall 'fans' travelled to the game without tickets shows quite clearly that the game was of little importance.

However NE's assertion that '2/3rds of their fanbase just like being a Millwall fan for the "experience"' is utter rubbish. Millwall have gone to great lengths to stamp out their hooligan following and it's cost them a lot of money. If he actually knew what he was talking about he'd know that his statement was stupid. The vast majority of Millwall fans these days go to support their team and not for a ruck.

Insel affe

HellBilly
Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
judging by the tv coverage and scenes from inside the ground, it seemed like alot of fat,bald 40 odd year old blokes trying to relive there youth and prove there still a tasty bita metal. I was chatting to a few west ham season ticket holders last weekend, and the topic of millwall came up, and they all said that they were not going as they new it would kick off. We all knew it would i think it was just the scale outside that shocked us all abit. Inside was just run on, run off, run on, run off which ive seen at loads grounds including ours. As for fridays game, We flatter ourseleves if we think Millwall are in slightest intrested in us as a threat. However West Ham turning up is a possible.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
The worst violence for thirty years, hundreds of fans fighting, truck loads of police and riot squads, several pitch invasions, CCTV everywhere.......

How many arrests? 100,200,275 ?????

er.... 10

They must have been on Tea break when the main riot started.

Mind you it would have been much worse if Minty, Gary & Phil weren't at the wedding.

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
agreed they are, but remember if millwall sneeze the press call it a terminal illness, but liverpool have a game at heysel in the european cup final when 90 odd people died, then that was of course the brick layers fault, not those lovely chirpy scousers, no, despite us all watching it on tv.
Yep and had their ban lifted one year early robbing Palace of a European spot in 1991 after we finished 3rd.

Terrible scenes last night, but if anyone wasn't expecting it they are on another planet.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
For now, they will go though hours of video identifying 00's of fans, then expect banning orders and the like.

I bet the ones they identify already have banning orders and I doubt the total of fans banned for this will reach 15.

Have you seen the coverage of the fat shirtless fan that invaded the pitch ? the steward was chatting and tapping him on the back as he let him back into the stands. He had time to get his name address and DNA sample and I bet they know him personally.

wehatepalace

Limbs
NSC Patron
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
Has it really come to this, Ninja elephant shitting himself, people worried about the game on Friday and calling for it to be played behind closed doors :angry: get a life people this is the real world !
I'm glad some of you are young enough are too young to remember the 70's & 80's or we really would have been branded Gay Boys !
West Ham & Millwall was always going to kick off. Even the old boys came out for this one, just shows what it meant to them.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Personally, I think our game should be off limits for Millwall fans. I know it's grouping them all together as thugs, but let's face it, the only reason anyone from London would support Millwall is to join the thuggery, so f*** it.

There's a difference between rivalry, banter and stick. With Millwall you're talking absolute RETARDS who are violent, they're not bantering, they're violent.

what a load of bollocks. untill last year there hasnt been any trouble at Millwall for us and even then it amounted to a few kids playing it up and no different to half a dozen or so other away visits. i know normal people who support Millwall for the simple fact its their local club or their Dad's club etc. all you are doing is building up the image and i'd wager that the majority having a fight outside the upton park last night probably don't even go to the New Den on a regular basis.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
2s6klrd.gif

2s6klrd.gif

he he he

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Sorry, but that is rubbish!

Ive been up to millwall 3 times and the worst violance Ive seen was some 'top boys' having a bit of a sing song at the station and some 14yo's in pink polos having a game of slapsies with the stewards and themselves!

Ive never felt threatened at the New Den or at the station or any other Football ground in the country!!

You my be right about some people being a 'fan' for the reputation but the ones that acctually go to the games are nothing more than a bit of mouth!

I think you need to acctually go to away games, including ones at Millwall, and see what its really like and not just relying on their reputation and tarring them all with the same brush, like you have admitted!

I went to see a Millwall game once, at the Old Den in Cold Blow Lane back in the 1970's.

A copper passed me on a stand ticket, he said "You'll be safer up there". How right he was...I haven't been to a Millwall game since. Try reading Eamonn Dunphy's book to get a feel of what it was like, the players said that the visiting teams would sh*t themselves just walking onto the pitch.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I was at this match - worst trouble I have ever seen but would expect nothing less at this fixture.

Was late to the game because there was fighting at TWO different stations on the tube, police ended up closing Upton Park station which left West Ham and Millwall fans to walk to the ground together from Plaistow - a decision that did baffle me.

Can't condemn the idiots that ran on the pitch in any way, obviously there for a tear up. The club will be fined through the teeth by the FA.

I enjoyed the evening, especially the win (which was very much overshadowed) but can only support the idea of any kind of repeat fixture in the future being played behind closed doors.

I was also at the game as well and to be honest the trouble in the ground wasn't near as bad as the media are making it out to be. Millwall chucked a few seats and a couple of bottles and West Ham had a bit of push and shove with the stewards and old bill in the corners of the east and west stands. The pitch invasions were just that, very few of the larks on the pitch were trying to confront the Millwall fans, most of them were just running around like loons celebrating the goals.

The atmosphere in the ground was electric. You moan about the atmosphere at Withdean being shite, but the same people are moaning about the "trouble". You can't have it both ways. You experience something like and tell me you wouldn't like Brighton games to be like that every week! f***ing awesome. Last time I experienced an atmosphere like that was the England Turkey at Sunderland any of you there that night I'm sure will agree it was mega.

Also makes me laugh all the numpties on here moaning about "football going back to the bad old days", face it, people are interested in it and people enjoy it. The fact this thread has 15 pages and counting is testimony to that (and that Ninja Elephant has shown himself up to be the biggest wet on the board - you have a Beckham 23 shirt?? REALLY??).

The trouble outside?? Meh, who cares or who is surprised? The only people that go hurt were people that were there to fight so let them get on with it. It added to the atmosphere which is what made the evening so enjoyable.

As for the game, thought it West Ham were poor until the last 10 minutes. Millwall were by far the better side in the first half and probably should have been more than 1 up. Second half Millwall defended really well until the last 10 minutes when they really run out of steam. As soon as West Ham scored you knew there was only going to be one winner and extra time was pretty much one way traffic.

Millwall looked like a good side, but they looked dead on their feet at the end which can only benefit us. Their defence looked rock solid for 80 mins and they looked dangerous on the break in first half. Given our current form I can't see us getting much out of Friday night. However as mentioned they were in a war tonight so physically and mentally you don't know how their players are going to be feeling. I would also say we have a good record at Millwall, but we had a good record at Hudds and look where that got us!!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
I was also at the game as well and to be honest the trouble in the ground wasn't near as bad as the media are making it out to be. Millwall chucked a few seats and a couple of bottles and West Ham had a bit of push and shove with the stewards and old bill in the corners of the east and west stands. The pitch invasions were just that, very few of the larks on the pitch were trying to confront the Millwall fans, most of them were just running around like loons celebrating the goals.

The atmosphere in the ground was electric. You moan about the atmosphere at Withdean being shite, but the same people are moaning about the "trouble". You can't have it both ways. You experience something like and tell me you wouldn't like Brighton games to be like that every week! f***ing awesome. Last time I experienced an atmosphere like that was the England Turkey at Sunderland any of you there that night I'm sure will agree it was mega.

Also makes me laugh all the numpties on here moaning about "football going back to the bad old days", face it, people are interested in it and people enjoy it. The fact this thread has 15 pages and counting is testimony to that (and that Ninja Elephant has shown himself up to be the biggest wet on the board - you have a Beckham 23 shirt?? REALLY??).

The trouble outside?? Meh, who cares or who is surprised? The only people that go hurt were people that were there to fight so let them get on with it. It added to the atmosphere which is what made the evening so enjoyable.

As for the game, thought it West Ham were poor until the last 10 minutes. Millwall were by far the better side in the first half and probably should have been more than 1 up. Second half Millwall defended really well until the last 10 minutes when they really run out of steam. As soon as West Ham scored you knew there was only going to be one winner and extra time was pretty much one way traffic.

Millwall looked like a good side, but they looked dead on their feet at the end which can only benefit us. Their defence looked rock solid for 80 mins and they looked dangerous on the break in first half. Given our current form I can't see us getting much out of Friday night. However as mentioned they were in a war tonight so physically and mentally you don't know how their players are going to be feeling. I would also say we have a good record at Millwall, but we had a good record at Hudds and look where that got us!!

great post!

the thing MISSING from football these days is the fierce rivalry, the odd scuffle and a f***ing belting atmosphere.

last night has given me fresh hope that all the cnuts who go to football and sit on their arse, maon and tell you to be quiet havent yet taken over our game!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here