Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente out of squad for Burnley

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I think you're missing a quite important third option from your outcomes.

He comes good and it's worth the gamble.
He doesn't come good and it was still a gamble worth taking (more shaky).
or c) It was a huge and avoidable mistake with his previous that has badly backfired, everyone including Gus has been too embarrassed to come clean about it, it was a total waste of time and money and made the club look stupid.

Unlike Reinelt12 I take your point that this is a third possible perspective and not necessarily what you actually believe.

The bottom line is we are 7th and, as we all recognised at the time, Vicente could be the difference between either finishing in the play-offs or not. Things are certainly panning out that way at the moment, which is extremely frustrating.

We certainly need that quality creative midfielder and if Gus has spunked his budget on Vicente - with his injury track record - then the third perspective looks accurate. The point is we don't know what that budget is - all of this is a moot point if Bloom could afford, say, George Boyd then we sign him and finish one place higher in 6th.

Reinelt12

Sick Note
Nov 8, 2006
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Unlike Reinelt12 I take your point that this is a third possible perspective and not necessarily what you actually believe.

Apologies, I did understand it was a perspective rather than a statement of belief, therefore I was putting my points across in disagreement with the perspective which I am sure some people do have given the nature of replies on here.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
82% think he'll feature 10 games or less for the remainder of this season. Given that when fully-fit he gets gametime in every match that's virtually the same thing as being sidelined with injury for another 3 months.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
He'll show up once the weather gets a bit warmer, play about twice, get injured and go back to spain.

portlock seagull

Jul 28, 2003
I honestly think when he is fully fit, we'll see the best of him in the second half of the season.

This is like saying, if we time travel back to 1977, a young lad called Peter Ward would be useful. In fact, we'd be better off naming Ward's Panini photo from the 70's as an outfield player than Vincentre. At least the former could take to the field and thus potentially it could in off our legendary talisman's sticker.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yay. A negative thread about a player and happy ol' HuRstpierpointSeagull pops up to revel in it. What a surprise.

I wouldn't want to dissapoint, wrong thread btw, I meant to post it in the other one.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
I may talk some meaningless shit, but i'm glad i'm not a blahblahblahithinkthis merchant who wishes to offer brainless analysis of a situation i know virtually nothing about. Of course i want him to play and be spectacular, but i foolishly still brag that he's on our books and feel no shame that a man is injured either for physical or psychological reasons. I doubt he's depressing everyone in the camp, so let's concentrate on working out what's wrong and getting the best we can out of him. I love him being here and all the romance of his signing. It didn't feel a one-night stand to me, and if i ends up being one, then it's one i shan't forget in a hurry.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007
Even if he never kicks another ball for us it was worth the risk. It's Vicente ffs.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
Anyone can have an opinion - it may just not be a valid opinion.

ok, I don't think you SHOULD form an opinion on something you don't know about.

W.C.

Oct 31, 2011
I may talk some meaningless shit, but i'm glad i'm not a blahblahblahithinkthis merchant who wishes to offer brainless analysis of a situation i know virtually nothing about. Of course i want him to play and be spectacular, but i foolishly still brag that he's on our books and feel no shame that a man is injured either for physical or psychological reasons. I doubt he's depressing everyone in the camp, so let's concentrate on working out what's wrong and getting the best we can out of him. I love him being here and all the romance of his signing. It didn't feel a one-night stand to me, and if i ends up being one, then it's one i shan't forget in a hurry.

as always, this

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
If you mean Hoskins thats wrong. He's got a decent record of games played per season before this one.

06/07 36 games for Rotherham and Watford
07/08 19 games for Millwall/Forest (he was on loan there from Watford as a 21 year old)
08/09 39 games for Watford
09/10 19 games for Watford
10/11 47 games for Bristol Rovers

So thats 160 games over 5 seasons or 32 games a season. Certainly a lot more than 20.

Lots of sub appearances in that lot - only 77 starts since he left Rotherham in January 2007 - that's about 19/20 per season. And 41 of those were for Bristol Rovers in league 2. If he is fit he scores goals. seems to be a very big if

CLUB FROM TO FEE LEAGUE FA CUP LGE CUP OTHER
APPS GLS APPS GLS APPS GLS APPS GLS
Brighton 01 Jul, 11 Free 2 (4) 1 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Bristol R 25 Jun, 10 01 Jul, 11 Free 41 (2) 17 1 (0) 1 1 (0) 0 2 (0) 2
Nottm Forest 08 Feb, 08 13 Apr, 08 Loan 2 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Millwall 18 Sep, 07 18 Dec, 07 Loan 9 (1) 2 2 (0) 2 0 (0) 0 0 (0) 0
Watford 05 Jan, 07 25 Jun, 10 Signed 25 (35) 7 2 (0) 1 6 (2) 1 0 (0) 0
Rotherham 01 Oct, 02 05 Jan, 07 Trainee 35 (38) 23 1 (2) 0 2 (1) 1 1 (1) 1
Totals £0 114 (80) 50

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here