Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente out of squad for Burnley

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
No it wouldn't be worth the 52 weeks x £20k wages. That's out of TB's budget, which sensibly, is capped.

He signed at the end of august for one season, so we only have to pay october-end of may. And I'd be very sceptical of him being on 20K a week.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Great Player to have but lets just get rid!

he clearly does not want or, more than likely, is not motivated enough to get the shirt on..be it Brighton or Valencia!

I would rather get someone in who is hungry and wants game time!!

A gamble that has not paid off, thats football....move on!

:albion2:

For the last time. HE IS ON A ONE YEAR CONTRACT, WHAT DO YOU MEAN BY 'GET RID'?

Sack him and pay up the contract do he has no chance of ever playing fire us again? Or keep him and get some games out of him? Not to mention having the likes of Noone and LuaLua playing alongside a world class player in training.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

Sack him and pay up the contract do he has no chance of ever playing fire us again? Or keep him and get some games out of him? Not to mention having the likes of Noone and LuaLua playing alongside a world class player in training.
and again - eloquently put. Please can we delete the words get & rid from our tiny brains for now, little ones? ??? :guitar: :albion2:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Ok let's keep him on contract and pay him his salary when we could have someone who wants to play and get some game time...there has to be some kind of capability issue to perform the role he has been employed for here when Valencia cant find whats wrong with him and Poyet claims ees complicated (which sounds like they dont know)

I want nothing more for him to put on the stripes and show us what he can do.....Im just not very hopeful at this stage?

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
With this treatment of the club it may well be his final season in a football shirt, after all who else would be bothered other than a pay as you play contract.
I have a problem with the economy with the truth, we are grown up supporters and can handle it, it's all utter bollocks.
As contributors to his salary, paying supporters have a right to know what is going on.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Let's be realistic, if the guy didn't have some issue or another we would never have got within a country mile of signing him. Ok, so he is a bit of a Darren Anderton, but ask Bournemouth fans whether it was worth taking a risk on that sort of player.

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
I really think people are throwing their toys out of the pram regarding Vicente. For the past 11 seasons he played for VALENCIA, and in four appearances for us, he scored a wonder goal. He's on a one year contract. He's not the key to our team; we got him after the transfer window closed (i.e. after our magical August month where our 'League One' team got us to top of the table). We can and should win without Vicente, and when he's fit, he'll make us even better. Let's see what the current squad can do for the rest of the year, and if Vicente comes back in the New Year, enjoy watching him tear up the Championship.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
I really think people are throwing their toys out of the pram regarding Vicente. For the past 11 seasons he played for VALENCIA, and in four appearances for us, he scored a wonder goal. He's on a one year contract. He's not the key to our team; we got him after the transfer window closed (i.e. after our magical August month where our 'League One' team got us to top of the table). We can and should win without Vicente, and when he's fit, he'll make us even better. Let's see what the current squad can do for the rest of the year, and if Vicente comes back in the New Year, enjoy watching him tear up the Championship.

This

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton
couldn't agree more :clap: :guitar:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003

Is he training?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Elphick hasn't made any appearances this season, always injured. Should we get rid of him, too? He's not as good as Vicente, so why keep him if we're getting rid of Vicente?

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Ok let's keep him on contract and pay him his salary when we could have someone who wants to play and get some game time...there has to be some kind of capability issue to perform the role he has been employed for here when Valencia cant find whats wrong with him and Poyet claims ees complicated (which sounds like they dont know)

I want nothing more for him to put on the stripes and show us what he can do.....Im just not very hopeful at this stage?

Ok let's keep him on contract and pay him his salary when we could have someone who wants to play and get some game time

I honestly do give up. Do you really not understand how contracts work in football? IF WE GOT RID OF HIM NOW WE WOULD STILL HAVE TO PAY HIM THE REST OF HIS CONTRACT!!!!!

So exactly where would be the logic in getting rid of him now?

Is he training?

He must be, surely. We keep getting told he is 'fit but not match fit' etc, he must be on the training ground.

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Yep. Likewise, Buckley record for the last 3 seasons..

08/09 - 37
09/10 - 21 (January move from Rochdale to Watford)
10/11 - 33

And he's just turned 22, so naturally as a young winger will have been in and out of the side. Contrary to popular belief (on here), Hoskins & Buckley really didn't come with reputations of being perennial crocks.

Which is why is to F''@@@@@G annoying

But neither started that many games when you look at the money we've paid for them

And i'm afraid that Vicente has form here.

International career
Vicente made his debut for Spain in a friendly against France on 28 March 2001, replacing Pedro Munitis in the 70th munite of a 2–1 win at Mestalla. He was overlooked for the 2002 FIFA World Cup co-hosted by South Korea and Japan.

Vicente appeared in his first major tournament at the UEFA Euro 2004 in Portugal, playing in three complete group stage outings, although the Furia Roja's insipid performances eventually meant an early exit. Constant injuries would mean he would also fail to make the final cut for the 2006 World Cup, Euro 2008 and the 2010 World Cup.

Last edited:

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Which is why is to F''@@@@@G annoying

But neither started that many games when you look at the money we've paid for them
It is frustrating, especially with the inconsistent info we've been fed by the club/Naylor - but I fail to see why some people are losing hope so quickly.

They're long-term investments (Buckley especially). There's even someone a couple of pages back writing off their Albion careers already (unbelievably), on the basis of a few injury ridden months (in the context of a THREE year contract) - when they've had no previous record of persistent injuries. Do you think Arsenal are regretting not letting Van Persie go, back when he was constantly on the treatment table? Plenty of other examples of players starting off slowly in terms of appearances then getting fit and delivering. Why can't it happen with these two? As with most player/team debates these days - a bit of patience required.

EDIT: Not sure why you've bought Vicente up, as I didn't mention him.

Last edited:

Oct 25, 2003
As contributors to his salary, paying supporters have a right to know what is going on.

unless you're a shareholder........not really

if you shop at tesco's then you contribute to their employees salaries.......i don't give a shit how they spend their money

it'd be nice, as fans, if the club kept us up to date, but we don't have a 'right to know' anything really

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Vicente. Here's my prediction: He will lead us to play-off GLORY next May, culminating in absolutely f***ing RUNNING the show at Wembley where we will tonk Cardiff with bells on.

(And when this happens, this thread is going to make splendid reading)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here