Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente out of squad for Burnley

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
From The Argus:

"He's not going to be fit. It's not an easy situation. For some reason something happens every week, so we are trying to go a little bit deeper with the tests and the situation.

"Maybe we have made a few mistakes and you learn from it. You want him to be available but at the end of the day he needs to be fully fit to be the player we want him to be.

"It was the thigh initially and then he's had a few extra bits, groins and things, so it's not been one specific problem. He has been uncomfortable. He cannot really get back to full fitness."

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
Littlehampton,Wick actually
He's only 30, I wouldn't say he is coming to the end of his career, unless he really cant get fit again. The homesickness thing is complete speculation, it's just been made up. I am reserving judgment until the end of the season. So far we've got 4 games and 1 goal out of him. If he comes good in the New Year and makes another 15 appearances and 5 goals, then he was a worthwhile siging, as long as he isn't on silly money, which I cant imagine he is. If we can get him fit enough to play 2 out of every 4 games then he can make a major impact. Like Ledley King does for Spurs.

yeah your right,and i m not stating anything else other than my opinion,i,and every other Brighton fan,would love to see him, prove us all wrong,just i have "my opinion"

D

Deleted member 18477

is this signing as bad as when Palace signed Davids?... at the moment YES! please let that change!

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Huh? No i never,your talking utter bollocks also,its called "my opinion" dont like it? oh well your get over it

Er, how exactly can you have an opinion that homelessness is setting in when you have never met the guy and know absolutely nothing about the situation?

That's like me saying that in my opnion, Barrack Obama thinks that Zamora is coming to us in January.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Official site "Hoskins is an injury doubt for Middlesbrough" - Naylor "I've just spoken to Will Hoskins and he's confirmed he's damaged knee ligaments, out for 6 weeks"

Very good recent example of what I'm saying.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From The Argus:

"He's not going to be fit. It's not an easy situation. For some reason something happens every week, so we are trying to go a little bit deeper with the tests and the situation.

"Maybe we have made a few mistakes and you learn from it. You want him to be available but at the end of the day he needs to be fully fit to be the player we want him to be.

"It was the thigh initially and then he's had a few extra bits, groins and things, so it's not been one specific problem. He has been uncomfortable. He cannot really get back to full fitness."

That really does like the "injuries in his head" thing that was touted about before.

Gus: So, how's your thigh today Vicente?
Vicente: Feels good - back to normal now!
Gus: Good stuff, let's look to get you back next week then.
Vicente: Did I mention my groin?
Gus: Oh...

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
From The Argus:

Thigh,groin,and things, like i say,lets see this fella get back to 100% fulll fitness at where he is in his career

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
From The Argus:

Anyone else hear the comments by Sid Lowe on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast when Vicente signed for us?

Along the lines of "it is suspected that a lot of the injuries at Valencia were in his head, and that the Valencia medical team couldn't find anything wrong with him yet he was determined that he was injured"...

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
From The Argus:

That is the vaguest load of old bollocks I've ever seen. Who have we got treating him, a qualified doctor/physio, or some kind of blagger.

Woodchip

It's all about the bikes
Aug 28, 2004
Shaky Town, NZ
Anyone else hear the comments by Sid Lowe on the Guardian Football Weekly podcast when Vicente signed for us?

Along the lines of "it is suspected that a lot of the injuries at Valencia were in his head, and that the Valencia medical team couldn't find anything wrong with him yet he was determined that he was injured"...

Could Vicente be in need if the infamous NSC "NURSE!"?

Sent by yolk folk

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Your saying i cant have an opinion about i think homesickness will set in,utter bollocks,its my opinion,stop talking shite.

No, I'm saying stating that homesickness has set in is not an opinion.

Would love to see you bouncing ya nuts off in 2012,but someone who is coming to end of his career,getting injured so easy,home sick setting in etc,i have serious doubts.....

See? You're not saying that you think it might set in, you are saying it has. Have you carried out an assessment? Sat down and talked to him? Do you have a lot of experience diagnosing homesickness?

Last edited:

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
I think the club should make an official statement. It's one thing holding off from news a day or two before a game to have the opposition speculating but these "long term" things are widely published by clubs as there's little point in not doing so. I can't deny that the mystery and secrecy seems bloody strange.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
yeah your right,and i m not stating anything else other than my opinion,i,and every other Brighton fan,would love to see him, prove us all wrong,just i have "my opinion"
Which is embarrassing to read :facepalm:

LABHA

Feb 9, 2009
I think the club should make an official statement. It's one thing holding off from news a day or two before a game to have the opposition speculating but these "long term" things are widely published by clubs as there's little point in not doing so. I can't deny that the mystery and secrecy seems bloody strange.

Seems about right,that no one has actually stated what the injury/injuries actually is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here