Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente (merged)

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Must admit I wasn't as thrilled as everyone else when we were in the process of signing Vicente, mainly because all I had in mind was "do we really need another winger ?"

I get it now though. I get it.

Old Greg

It's Choade My Dear
Feb 5, 2008
I wonder how many Valenica fans were watching, as he was such a legend over there.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
We will not be disappointed at all with Vicente, he looked very good to me

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
There is no question that Vicente is pure class but ther Championship is not kind to classy players... defenders here tend to take your legs... remember Kinkladzes second season at City? If Vicente can avoid the scything tackles he will light up this team.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
For his first game I thought he might get caught on the ball, give it away etc. and that would have been perfectly understandable. But, other than one miss placed pass, I thought he oozed class, constantly looking for space and the ball, and was a real danger in and around the box. Very very excited by his short appearance last night.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Thought Vincelot struggled a bit in the first half, not tight enough on several occasions to Suarez (easier said than done I know!).
He had a TERRIFIC 2nd half though, so much composure. Defended on his feet, got the blocks in and used the ball intelligently. What a find he is, he seems so assured wherever he plays. Gus has picked up a gem there I think.

Agree Easy...

As I said on another thread, he is this years Bridcutt.

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
Did you leave 20 minutes before the end?

No Im just not sayin a player is leaving us on Jan after a 30min appearance maybe.after 6/7 games yes wank ya silly but 30 mins lol

seagulls

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
I watched your game last night, you were a determined bunch, I did not see much to worry Palace though, will be a great game next Tuesday, I am looking forward to it very much

Hunting 784561

Jul 8, 2003
A different class.

Some of the passing, angles, and link play were sublime.

Hope the rest of team can keep up with him !

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
My only criticism is that the woman next to me has decided his name is pronounced Vin-sen-ee and no doubt will be shouting that for the rest of the season. If he could just change his name that would be excellent.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
No Im just not sayin a player is leaving us on Jan after a 30min appearance maybe.after 6/7 games yes wank ya silly but 30 mins lol

seagulls

put this way though, two players were brought on at roughly the same time with roughly the same ages and the same level of match fitness. Who influenced the game more when brought on? Vicente over Gerrard for me..

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England

seagulls

Your'res words make a no senses.

Anyway, why the HELL shouldn't people be excited?

We have a Spanish international footballer playing for us!

When he came on I said "I don't care If he is shit, this is just mad!"

But he was EXCELLENT against a LIVERPOOL midfield. His touch, awareness and willingness to play it forward but sensibly are fantastic to watch. You can see when a player has that little extra from years of playing in the top leagues. Kuyt and Bellamy showed it for liverpool and VR showed it for us.

No one is suggesting he will be here for 4 years, but why should that matter? Enjoy it you GOON

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
He certainly did run the show after he came on - always keen to get the ball, seemed strong when in possession, and also still has decent pace. When he's playing regularly I think we'll see the best of CMS as well, as he's good enough to spot those runs CMS puts in and pick the right pass.

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Delighted but not surprised with Vicente. He looked completely different class. I think a central role is perfect for us. He just seems to pick the right ball every time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here