Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente (merged)

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
took alot of flak from my mates for having his name on the back of my shirt last night, but as i was expecting he was class...

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
If he stays fit he will rip the championship a new one and clubs will put 2 players on him which will leave others to run into space. Couple more performances like that and Gus needs to get him to sign that extension

Matrix10

Jun 7, 2011
Bexhill
I just got back from holiday in Spain on Tuesday. Mojacar on the Costa Almeria to be precise, and quite a large but excellent hotel, mainly full of Spanish families, and I think they suffer as we do with plastics wearing Barca and Real Madrid shirts from anywhere but Barcelona and Madrid. However on our last day a new guest had arrived with his family with his son about 4 years old and himself wearing Valencia Shirts, I stood up and said "Hola I am from Brighton and we have just signed Vicente, bueno or no bueno". He then gave me a look as if I was a mad man and walked into the bar, but returned moments later, being led by his 8 year old daughter, who had obviously a better grasp of English than her dad and passed on what I had said. I then had an enjoyable conversation for about an hour, although if we both could have spoken each others languages it would have probably been 10 minutes with my poco Espanol and his non existent English. He gave a extremely glowing account of our new man and was very sorry that he had left his club as he still believed he had many years of top Spanish League in him.
I was pleased to watch him last night, when you consider how long he has not played and the quality he showed in that short time bore out what my amigo had said.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
Vicente looks like a superb acquisition. He seemed to have so much time on the ball, even against a premiership team, and his vision was superb. If he stays fit, he's going to prove the signing of the season. Class personified.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
If he stays he fit he might be off in Jan i'm afraid.
Where do you get this idea from? It's not like we found him from nowhere, and it's a surprise that he's class. Everyone knows he's class, and if he wanted to go to a bigger team, he could have.

Los Che

Sep 4, 2011
My first thoughts when I started watching match yesterday was "My God,what is he doing at this club".Your team looked so scared in first half hour,especially keeper.Then,I realized something,Brighton is third or second league English team,that is not used to play against this really big teams,and that players are scared.I was yelling at home "come on,play some football" etc.Then,I realized why he went there,great fans,new stadium,and team started playing better and better,and showed what they can do.If there wasn't that 2nd goal,I am sure it would finish 1-1 and there would be overtimes.You weren't lucky at all,playing one of best England teams,that is in so bad form that they needed win and played with almost full squad.

Even that Valencia-Barca match started somewhere in 2nd half of this I was stil paying attention what was going on at Brighton match.And I will have Leeds match tomorrow again on TV. I noticed few days ago that there are only few subs alowed on bench in championship,thats stupid.

Oh and,we showed Barca a lession,but stil couldn't win,anyway it was good result.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I watched your game last night, you were a determined bunch, I did not see much to worry Palace though, will be a great game next Tuesday, I am looking forward to it very much

good, good...so are we.

It'll be interesting to see how the same under strength Brighton team plays against weaker opposition compared to a team full of world class international players like Suarez, Gerard, Bellamy, Kuyt, Reina.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
My first thoughts when I started watching match yesterday was "My God,what is he doing at this club".Your team looked so scared in first half hour,especially keeper.Then,I realized something,Brighton is third or second league English team,that is not used to play against this really big teams,and that players are scared.I was yelling at home "come on,play some football" etc.Then,I realized why he went there,great fans,new stadium,and team started playing better and better,and showed what they can do.If there wasn't that 2nd goal,I am sure it would finish 1-1 and there would be overtimes.You weren't lucky at all,playing one of best England teams,that is in so bad form that they needed win and played with almost full squad.

Even that Valencia-Barca match started somewhere in 2nd half of this I was stil paying attention what was going on at Brighton match.And I will have Leeds match tomorrow again on TV. I noticed few days ago that there are only few subs alowed on bench in championship,thats stupid.

Oh and,we showed Barca a lession,but stil couldn't win,anyway it was good result.
You must have a great team if you can allow a player like Vicente to leave. Have you got any more 'rejects' that we can have? :)

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Is he seriously joking? Noone, Buckley, Vicente.....all muck weren't they CroydonBloke!!!!!!!!!! But how will they get past the likes of Ramage and McCarthy and your other world class defenders whose names have slipped my mind.........:facepalm:
Our back four will have your strikers well and truly in their pockets :blush:If you see what I mean!!!! Not forgetting we have the best goal keeper in this division by a long way.

I am not kidding you, you were not as good I was expecting to see last night, no better then we have played this season.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Agree with you. Liverpool were the biggest team we have have played for a long time and so a lot of the players (a couple of which are die hard Liverpool fans (Noone & Navarro) were star stuck at the beginning. Poyet sorted them out at half time though and we made much more of a game of it though.

Last season we were able to have 7 subsitutes, this year the chairman of the football league clubs voted to reduce it to 5 to save on costs. Our chairman was one of the few who voted to keep the 7 and Poyet has very publically come out and criticised it too. We can have 7 subs in the cup games but not the league.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Our back four will have your strikers well and truly in their pockets :blush:If you see what I mean!!!! Not forgetting we have the best goal keeper in this division by a long way.

I am not kidding you, you were not as good I was expecting to see last night, no better then we have played this season.

We were playing Liverpool though, not Peterbrough, Burnley or Coventry. Last night will have given our players great confidence and now that Vicente is getting game time we really are going to be firing on all cylinders very soon... Your team has a habit of sitting back for long spells in the second half letting teams attack you, and should that happen on Tuesday, not even Speroni will be able to save you!

ArcticBlue

Sep 4, 2011
Sussex Inlander
A couple of times Vicente was looking forward into space where he was hoping to see a Brighton player. They will learn to run off him more, then we will start scything through teams. Looks a great playmaker just outside the box.

Yep seemed ahead of others at times, they will have to learn that when he has the ball at his feet anything is possible. Fear the Dagger!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here