Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Vicente (merged)

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Said the the same thing myself..... Looks different gravy!

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove
He instantly looked like our best player. Appeared to have so much time on the ball.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
I never ever thought I'd see a player as good as Sergei Gotsmanov at the Albion, but Vicente is just a different class. Best player on the pitch tonight, and even Liverpool had no-one of his quality. This guy will rip the Championship apart and I seriously reckon we'll win every game he is on the park :clap: :clap: :clap:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
He showewd enough glimpses of class to suggest he will be immense for us and provide the brain we have been lacking in midfield all we need now is to play Vincelot alongside Bridcutt and we will be a difficult side to beat.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Just watched some of it again on Sky+, and it merely confirmed what I thought at the time when watching him live tonight. Vicente is a beauty of a player, he's like warm melted chocolate being poured over the heaving breasts of a nubile young filly. His touch and control is sublime, his balance, strength on the ball, confidence and close control, his perception and weight of pass, the way he can drop a shoulder and shift his weight to throw opponents off balance. Just different gravy. Interesting to see Gus deploy him centrally, he really is far too good to stay out wide. This is a fella you want to see pulling the strings, where he's not hemmed in by the touchline but can instead get his head up and slide those passes around in all directions.

I love him already.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Just watched some of it again on Sky+, and it merely confirmed what I thought at the time when watching him live tonight. Vicente is a beauty of a player, he's like warm melted chocolate being poured over the heaving breasts of a nubile young filly. His touch and control is sublime, his balance, strength on the ball, confidence and close control, his perception and weight of pass, the way he can drop a shoulder and shift his weight to throw opponents off balance. Just different gravy. Interesting to see Gus deploy him centrally, he really is far too good to stay out wide. This is a fella you want to see pulling the strings, where he's not hemmed in by the touchline but can instead get his head up and slide those passes around in all directions.

I love him already.
Summed it up nicely. I was simply in awe of him from the moment he stepped onto the pitch. STILL can't believe he's a Brighton player.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
I saw Vicente, Vincelot and Cook play in Brighton shirts for the first time tonight and I thought all three were outstanding.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I saw Vicente, Vincelot and Cook play in Brighton shirts for the first time tonight and I thought all three were outstanding.

Thought Vincelot struggled a bit in the first half, not tight enough on several occasions to Suarez (easier said than done I know!).
He had a TERRIFIC 2nd half though, so much composure. Defended on his feet, got the blocks in and used the ball intelligently. What a find he is, he seems so assured wherever he plays. Gus has picked up a gem there I think.

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
Thought Vincelot struggled a bit in the first half, not tight enough on several occasions to Suarez (easier said than done I know!).
He had a TERRIFIC 2nd half though, so much composure. Defended on his feet, got the blocks in and used the ball intelligently. What a find he is, he seems so assured wherever he plays. Gus has picked up a gem there I think.

Thanks for the more detailed analysis - I bow to your greater knowledge. I was sat in Block A Row M of WSU (so couldn't have been further away) and didnt have my glasses with me! He certainly played very well went operating rather closer to me in the 2nd half though.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here