Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultras - What's the big idea?

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Hypothetically; a man of 26 years of age hangs around on matchdays with a large group of young boys, many of whom look as though they were bullied at school and are therefore vunerable. He sings songs with them and joins their gang with a quirky mis-spelt name. He likes to encourage drinking and general boisterous behaviour with his new friends. He also joins their website and forum and buys a tee-shirt, but he is disappointed there is no webcam facility :(

^you would consider the above normal/acceptable?

Would you consider the above the sort of thing that is actually happening?

Or are you making this up as you go along?

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Oh the irony :lolol:

I believe they chose the Kollective instead of the Collective so it can be shorted to NSK and not NSC

To be fair, maybe the mispelling of an already mispelt name was itself an act of irony...............i would like to think so.

To quote Obi-Wan Kenobi who is the more foolish? The fool or the fool who follows the him?

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
I'm sorry Keyser Soze, i don't understand why you have such a problem with our group. We are a group for the fans and don't want to create some elite group. I have never seen a brighton fan complain so much about other Brighton fans. If you don't like it please go and support another team. If not, just get behind the team and chill out.

:)

Haha!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Nothing will be supported by all, Some like some dislike. So long as it adds to an atmosphere I see no reason to have fun.

Its a new stadium with impressive acoustics. Who deemed it needed atmosphere adding in the first place? If it had been done at Withdean it might have meant something.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
So what's with you going on and on about 'young boys' who are 'vulnerable'?

Is there something you wish to share with us?

Yeah I suppose there is. I am suspicious of adults that befriend juveniles. Maybe that's old fashioned, but it's the way I was raised.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Its a new stadium with impressive acoustics. Who deemed it needed atmosphere adding in the first place? If it had been done at Withdean it might have meant something.

The group has been around since last season. The thought behind trying to help make a good atmosphere at Falmer was that there isn't always good atmosphere at other new grounds, Cardiff being a prime example this season, along with many others at other times. Also we all thought the atmosphere at Withdean was terrible and it would be a shame not to try and do something for Falmer. As it turns out thus far the atmosphere has been superb at our new home but there was no guarantee of this, so a group of like minded fans got together to try and help the atmosphere and create banners/flags etc. I don't see how anyone can get annoyed at anything that has been done so far, bar the use of North Stand rather than Brighton at the start of one chant and that really is no big deal in itself.

Aug 31, 2009
Brighton
I'm glad someone brought this up, there hasn't been a discussion about it yet and I for one am outraged/disgusted/think it's noddy that a portion of a generation of Albion fans would like to support the club in this way.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
So far out of everyone in the NSK I have met not one of them have been under 18. So I don't know where you are getting that idea from.

Look back on this thread. Your pal Jimmy was the one who said there are people up to the age of 30.

moggy

Oct 15, 2003
southwick
To me if I didn't know better ( and I do) the ultras would be the new west street firm or bosun crew.
The ultras sound like a new BHA mob.
I know what and why they're doing it and that's great but a lot of visiting fans will earmark them as a firm, when you think of away fans such ad west ham, millwall, palace etc I'm positive they'll see the ultras as brightons hooligan element.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
the group has been around since last season. The thought behind trying to help make a good atmosphere at falmer was that there isn't always good atmosphere at other new grounds, cardiff being a prime example this season, along with many others at other times. Also we all thought the atmosphere at withdean was terrible and it would be a shame not to try and do something for falmer. As it turns out thus far the atmosphere has been superb at our new home but there was no guarantee of this, so a group of like minded fans got together to try and help the atmosphere and create banners/flags etc. I don't see how anyone can get annoyed at anything that has been done so far, bar the use of north stand rather than brighton at the start of one chant and that really is no big deal in itself.

this

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
To me if I didn't know better ( and I do) the ultras would be the new west street firm or bosun crew.
The ultras sound like a new BHA mob.
I know what and why they're doing it and that's great but a lot of visiting fans will earmark them as a firm, when you think of away fans such ad west ham, millwall, palace etc I'm positive they'll see the ultras as brightons hooligan element.

They call themselves NSK not ultras.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Look back on this thread. Your pal Jimmy was the one who said there are people up to the age of 30.

30 maybe but people can look after themselves and if they were so young then a parent or guardian would be with them you'd think. No meet ups yet out of football as far as I'm aware and the ages range from about 17 I think who meet at the games to about 30. I'm 22 am I at risk too?

For what it is worth and I've said it before on here but I don't like the Ultras tag just as it seems to upset so many people and bring up preconceptions and barriers that need not be there. But I don't rule the NSK, its just Brighton fans sharing ideas so unless a large amount decide it needs to be changed it wont be.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here