Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultras - What's the big idea?

e77

May 23, 2004
Worthing
Let them have their fun, I say.

I do find the constant stream of songs on NSC that never get sung amusing though!

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
The group is not all young. We have people from the majority of age ranges. However, there is quite a few "young" people (18-30). We are just a new generation that want to combine everyone together to continue the fantastic atmosphere at the Amex

Sure anyone aged 24-30 who knocks about with a f***ing 'ultra' group full of spotty boys is suspect as f***. If I was the parent of a young NSK member and I knew that I would insist on a background check for sex offences. As a little after school club fair enough, but with male adults involved...deeply disturbing.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
This is a good call I can see it now, Just not sure how to go after the initial 'Craig Mackail Smith, lalalalalla' bit repeat hmmm I'll get my cap on

Edit: Infact keeping it simple like(See below) and continuing til wave from CMS is very good.

Craig Mackail Smith,
La la la la la
Craig Mackail Smith
la la la la la-la
Craig Mackail Smith
la la la la

etc

This is the tune as per Marseille for Drogba. Break it down like Craig-Mack-Ail-Smith and there you go.

Captain Sensible

Jul 8, 2003
Not the real one
Keep it up Ultras!!!!!!!!
You contribute to the atmos and if you sing your whoa whoa sing with the words Brighton and Hove Albion instead of North Stand, more would join in.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
Definition of the word "ultra" - prefix meaning "beyond" (ultraviolet) or "extremely" (ultramodern), from L. ultra- from ultra (adv. and prep.) "beyond, on the further side," from PIE *al- "beyond." In common use from early 19c., it appears to have arisen from French political designations. As its own word, a noun meaning "extremist" of.

In common football parlance the use of the term "ultras" is connected to violent hooligans, typically with extremist political persuasions.

Unless I am mistaken this is the very opposite of what BHA's "ultras" are about; thankfully instead of violence and political extremism we have a group of enthusiastic fans who want to sing and create banners etc.

On this basis its clear that many don't understand why a group of earnest football fans who want to do no more than sing peacefully at football matches would choose to define themselves as "ultras".

The ultimate irony is that these fans would be the very same fans who detest any kind of football violence (especially if it was connected to political extremism) and would happily riducule football firms as chidish and idiotic. Yet evidently they want their own football related gang defined by a moniker that has violent connotations.

You reap what you sow.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
Definition of the word "ultra" - prefix meaning "beyond" (ultraviolet) or "extremely" (ultramodern), from L. ultra- from ultra (adv. and prep.) "beyond, on the further side," from PIE *al- "beyond." In common use from early 19c., it appears to have arisen from French political designations. As its own word, a noun meaning "extremist" of.

In common football parlance the use of the term "ultras" is connected to violent hooligans, typically with extremist political persuasions.

Unless I am mistaken this is the very opposite of what BHA's "ultras" are about; thankfully instead of violence and political extremism we have a group of enthusiastic fans who want to sing and create banners etc.

On this basis its clear that many don't understand why a group of earnest football fans who want to do no more than sing peacefully at football matches would choose to define themselves as "ultras".

The ultimate irony is that these fans would be the very same fans who detest any kind of football violence (especially if it was connected to political extremism) and would happily riducule football firms as chidish and idiotic. Yet evidently they want their own football related gang defined by a moniker that has violent connotations.

You reap what you sow.

My thoughts exactly - why would you choose such a name....I sincerely hope any visiting away fans looking for trouble, don't get tempted by the Ultras tag....that could get particularly nasty if misunderstood.....

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Sure anyone aged 24-30 who knocks about with a f***ing 'ultra' group full of spotty boys is suspect as f***. If I was the parent of a young NSK member and I knew that I would insist on a background check for sex offences. As a little after school club fair enough, but with male adults involved...deeply disturbing.

Mate you have serious problems. Why are you so against us? Please go and support another team because i think you are pissing a lot of people off with this shit now. You clearly do not know proper football supporting.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I don't think you actually read what you responded to.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
Mate you have serious problems. Why are you so against us? Please go and support another team because i think you are pissing a lot of people off with this shit now. You clearly do not know proper football supporting.

Ah I see so because I disagree with you and your posse I should support another club. Interesting. I thought you lot had no political agenda? You can't say 'agree with us or f*** off to another club.' BHA does not belong to NSK or any other fanclub brother.

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Like I have said SO many times. Can we not call it 'ultras'? It's just football supporters singing not stop all game, surely that is good enough without the name tag..

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Ah I see so because I disagree with you and your posse I should support another club. Interesting. I thought you lot had no political agenda? You can't say 'agree with us or f*** off to another club.' BHA does not belong to NSK or any other fanclub brother.

I don't mind if you do not agree with us. Some people don't. But implying we are some sick pervs, you have to expect some sort of a lash back.

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011

You reap what you sow.

Very good post.

As ive said a few times, some are dressing as lads.

They will come unstuck/ get unwanted attention from other mobs.

Only a matter of time imho.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Are you a membership group ?
Do you meet up away from matchdays ?
How many of you are there ?

Like others have said, the concept is good, a group that gets the singing and atmosphere going, but do yourself no favours using the "ultra" tag as to the uninitiated it gives the impression you are towards violence or conflict, don't know why, just the word ultra give off this vibe, and also the "K"olloective makes you all appear uneducated.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I like them. I hope they get stronger and more vocal. Why would you want to slag them off unless of course you're either too hard or too cool? 'Course you are.

Keyser Söze

Jul 21, 2010
I don't mind if you do not agree with us. Some people don't. But implying we are some sick pervs, you have to expect some sort of a lash back.

Hypothetically; a man of 26 years of age hangs around on matchdays with a large group of young boys, many of whom look as though they were bullied at school and are therefore vunerable. He sings songs with them and joins their gang with a quirky mis-spelt name. He likes to encourage drinking and general boisterous behaviour with his new friends. He also joins their website and forum and buys a tee-shirt, but he is disappointed there is no webcam facility :(

^you would consider the above normal/acceptable?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here