Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultras - What's the big idea?

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
And do these 'ultras' appear in other places than the North stand?

I wouldn't know. We have only started off small and in the place where the club labelled as the "singing" stand. We what the North stand to become like it was at the Goldstone. This is mainly a North Stand thing hence the name. However, everyone in the stadium can join in and sing if they want.

jimmypbha

Apr 5, 2009
NORTH STAND
Ultras=group of fans who will work damn hard to get an atmosphere going.

But that doesn't make them in any way superior or better fans than anyone else.

We do not see ourselves as superior or better. We are all Brighton Fans and should get behind the team and stop these petty attacks on each other

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Nothing wrong with lads. Keep the singing going, so fair play to them. The Amex would be a lot quieter, and a lesser atmosphere without them.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
The group is not all young. We have people from the majority of age ranges. However, there is quite a few "young" people (18-30). We are just a new generation that want to combine everyone together to continue the fantastic atmosphere at the Amex
Nothing wrong with Ultras adding to the atmosphere,was young myself....ONCE...no like to see them sing and chant...as long as it stays that way and we have no hooliganism bringing the club into distrepute then by all means sing away lads...but please try and come up with new songs,we know we all hate Palace and we know you are the Northstand Brighton boys...lets have songs which no other club uses....

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Nothing wrong with Ultras adding to the atmosphere,was young myself....ONCE...no like to see them sing and chant...as long as it stays that way and we have no hooliganism bringing the club into distrepute then by all means sing away lads...but please try and come up with new songs,we know we all hate Palace and we know you are the Northstand Brighton boys...lets have songs which no other club uses....

I asked this a while back.

You have almost 60 years of popular music to choose from, hundreds of years' worth of classical music, and Christ alone knows how many cultures' songs. Why pick on feeble ones sung by bindippers and caravan-dwellers?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
We do not see ourselves as superior or better. We are all Brighton Fans and should get behind the team and stop these petty attacks on each other

I have no problem with you lot whatsoever but please try not to make songs only applicable to certain sections of support ala the Whooooah song. It makes you look incredibly insular. While your at it can you also get a CMS song together that everyone can sing, Craig Mackail Smith lalalalala to the tune of Brown Girl in the ring preferably as all the others are unoriginal and rubbish ;o)

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Ultras=group of fans who will work damn hard to get an atmosphere going.

But that doesn't make them in any way superior or better fans than anyone else.

This is spot on and what we hope to achieve.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I wouldn't know. We have only started off small and in the place where the club labelled as the "singing" stand. We what the North stand to become like it was at the Goldstone. This is mainly a North Stand thing hence the name. However, everyone in the stadium can join in and sing if they want.

OK, ta. I honestly didn't know.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Craig Mackail Smith lalalalala to the tune of Brown Girl in the ring preferably as all the others are unoriginal and rubbish ;o)

This is a good call I can see it now, Just not sure how to go after the initial 'Craig Mackail Smith, lalalalalla' bit repeat hmmm I'll get my cap on

Edit: Infact keeping it simple like(See below) and continuing til wave from CMS is very good.

Craig Mackail Smith,
La la la la la
Craig Mackail Smith
la la la la la-la
Craig Mackail Smith
la la la la

etc

Last edited:

southern_sid

Banned
Aug 5, 2011
in-fighting amongst scarfers, barmies, and ultras.

never thought id see the day were we have been split into different tribes like we have.

success has its downsides.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here