Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ultras - What's the big idea?

Sleaford Seagull

Nov 17, 2010
Sleaford
I think the idea of using the 'ultras' tag was a bad one, but the scarfs, flags, more upbeat songs and bouncy atmosphere is great. There are times in a match where you just want to sing and eat your pie and drink your pint, but there are other times when you wanna jump up and down and sing something a bit more lively, and the 'We love you' song is perfect for that if it starts to catch on more. I love the ideas, but using the term ultras alienates those who want to join in.

se3eagle

Banned
Aug 30, 2011
i think the idea of using the 'ultras' tag was a bad one, but the scarfs, flags, more upbeat songs and bouncy atmosphere is great. There are times in a match where you just want to sing and eat your pie and drink your pint, but there are other times when you wanna jump up and down and sing something a bit more lively, and the 'we love you' song is perfect for that if it starts to catch on more. I love the ideas, but using the term ultras alienates those who want to join in.

pmsl twice i aint gonna tell you what its all about work it out for yourself....if you can....clueless.... This is the reason why i firmly believe your sharp uprise will be followed with a sharp downfall ta la bye bye bye bye bye this quote will resound in your head in a few years welcome to your end

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
nothing more cringeworthy and embarrassing than these PATHETIC threads

no people more self conscious and 'cool' than the people who get involved slagging off fellow fans

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
I was under the impression this group was the brainchild of kids or those with learning difficulties, hence my suspicion of members in their late twenties. So I will retract my nonce implications.

If they are just 18-24 year olds then my initial assessment was accurate, they are just nerds/geeks/social rejects. No harm to anyone apart from their World of Warcraft enemies.

shut the f*** up. you've made your point. over and over again.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
pmsl twice i aint gonna tell you what its all about work it out for yourself....if you can....clueless.... This is the reason why i firmly believe your sharp uprise will be followed with a sharp downfall ta la bye bye bye bye bye this quote will resound in your head in a few years welcome to your end

er, what??

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
The North Stand Kollective, aka the Ultras (although on the facebook group we've not put ultras in our title) are a group of fans dedicated to bring atmosphere to the stadium by standing KOLLECTIVELY in the NORTH STAND. The song that appears to be bought upon as an anthem or trademark is about being in the North stand... not all of the stand are NSK, they still sing... The NSK are based in the second block in by the first row of stairs (from what i've seen because i stand a few rows down and the other side of the isle). I can't quite get my head around why a few guys who get banners, songs and other memorabilia going are being slated?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
¤DãŃn¥ §êãGüLL¤;4382899 said:
Isn't it a bit ironic to be calling people geeks and nerds over the internet? I mean, this place is f***ing sad at the best of times full stop.

Geek :moo:

Jun 24, 2010
Goring
The North Stand Kollective, aka the Ultras (although on the facebook group we've not put ultras in our title) are a group of fans dedicated to bring atmosphere to the stadium by standing KOLLECTIVELY in the NORTH STAND. The song that appears to be bought upon as an anthem or trademark is about being in the North stand... not all of the stand are NSK, they still sing... The NSK are based in the second block in by the first row of stairs (from what i've seen because i stand a few rows down and the other side of the isle). I can't quite get my head around why a few guys who get banners, songs and other memorabilia going are being slated?

I'm a WSL STH but stood with some of the lads away at Cardiff. Great fun, reminded me of my north stand days. Wish I was in the north with you sometimes but I'm getting too old! My view on all of this bitching is that it seems a shame we cant all accept that all sorts of people who want different things go to football which is what makes being an Albion fan so rewarding. let's all enjoy the ride??ps keep up the great work ultras!

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer

I don't think anyone is slating your intentions, well I'm certainly not. All I've done is express concern at your choice of name. Associating yourselves with a term which has such ill connotations isn't going to do you any favours (as can be seen by these threads).

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
But I've seen it on some of their logos and stuff so it must have some relevance

It was set up as the anti corporate 1901 type things and I think a club official referred jokingly to the north stand as somewhere where the " ruffians" would sit.

Anything that creates an atmosphere is good in my book after the long silences at withdean.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here