Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turned Away For Being British......... What's The View Of The NSC Hand Wringers?

Jan 30, 2008
What exactly have the organisers of this project done wrong?

It's a project to support immigrant women that provides much needed advice and information, together with access to English language lessons. That can only help integration.

It's NOT a playgroup. It's a women's project with a creche attached. What a sensible way to run a project. And good luck to the church that has taken this initiative.

The people who should be condemned are the press - who are misrepresenting the purpose of the project and stirring up trouble for it. How does that help anyone?
nice bit of spin LB, in an ideal world it might work , lets waite and see.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
"Nazi agitators stir up pseudo-controvery to promulgate race hate politics and blame everyone else for their inadequacies" shock-horror

nice bit of spin LB, in an ideal world it might work , lets waite and see.
Spin?

It's FACT.

This is a comment posted on Cambridge News | Latest News From In & Around Cambridge City | Latest Sports, Jobs & Business News in Cambridge Newspaper
:-

Hmm... I'm familiar with this group, which is actually NOT a "playgroup" like a lot of the press is claiming. Making Links is made up of very lovely/caring women and staffed by British volunteers. Shame on you two girls for putting this group in jeopardy just because you don’t understand the groups purpose, they serve an important function for women who might otherwise be isolated in an unfamiliar country. It’s a comfortable environment for these women as most everyone in the group is in a similar life situation (away from home) or has been there before. If you start letting anyone come in then ultimately the group will forfeit its purpose and the end result will be women staying in isolation. If you’re alone it’s easier to go to a group full of people who have also been alone, rather than find the courage to go to a group full of people who cannot identify with you or your life situation and who have brought their friends (which we all know creates cliques).

Jan 30, 2008
Spin?

It's FACT.

This is a comment posted on Cambridge News | Latest News From In & Around Cambridge City | Latest Sports, Jobs & Business News in Cambridge Newspaper
:-

Hmm... I'm familiar with this group, which is actually NOT a "playgroup" like a lot of the press is claiming. Making Links is made up of very lovely/caring women and staffed by British volunteers. Shame on you two girls for putting this group in jeopardy just because you don’t understand the groups purpose, they serve an important function for women who might otherwise be isolated in an unfamiliar country. It’s a comfortable environment for these women as most everyone in the group is in a similar life situation (away from home) or has been there before. If you start letting anyone come in then ultimately the group will forfeit its purpose and the end result will be women staying in isolation. If you’re alone it’s easier to go to a group full of people who have also been alone, rather than find the courage to go to a group full of people who cannot identify with you or your life situation and who have brought their friends (which we all know creates cliques).
yes it all sounds very nice , but i can assure you there's plenty of others that don't have this facility and are tucked away out of sight .

Jan 30, 2008
Well why were the charges dropped ? No smoke Etc. The plain fact is that a lot of people who live in this country can't speak English and I don't just mean people who originate from the Indian Sub Continent. However I do know that in some areas English is not the first language. Where it comes to be a big problem is when a non English speaker has an accident. As I work for the NHS from time to time I get to hear stories about gravely ill women who won't let a doctor examine them and so on.
thats a very valid point, but then again with all the inner city " ghettos " is there any need to speak english .................. just a thought

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Regarding 'No smoke Etc'

Interesting how people who use that expression only use it one way. The phrase could equally badly be used to assume the girl is guilty. It's one of the most stupid phrases in the English language. There is often smoke without fire, but literally and in the way the ohrases is intended. HTH.

Mmm, "no smoke without fire" seems to be one of those woolly, cowardly phrases used by people who want to be able to throw accusations around, unburdened by any need to demonstrate evidence.

Dominoid

Albion fan in Devon
Jan 6, 2011
Plymouth, United Kingdom
who's paranoid, you're right everythings hunky dory!

It is. Let's be honest if I asked my Nan how things were when she was my age she'd be telling me about bombed out houses and polio epidemics. Things could be far far worse, everyone in this country needs to stop bloody well whinging just for the sake of it.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Fair play to bushy.

Meets his BNP quota and leaves his 'British person being turned away in Britain by IMMIGRANTS' thread lingering on NSC page one all weekend like a bad smell.

Mission accomplished.

Well played sir, "'bushy's people' will be proud of you" :clap:

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Fair play to bushy.

Meets his BNP quota and leaves his 'British person being turned away in Britain by IMMIGRANTS' thread lingering on NSC page one all weekend like a bad smell.

Mission accomplished.

Well played sir, "'bushy's people' will be proud of you" :clap:
Still swerving it i see, probably got nothing to say, not being from Brighton yourself.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It is. Let's be honest if I asked my Nan how things were when she was my age she'd be telling me about bombed out houses and polio epidemics. Things could be far far worse, everyone in this country needs to stop bloody well whinging just for the sake of it.
I dont know how much dialogue you had with your nan, or whereabouts she came from, but my nan , who lived through the blitz was well pissed off that her and her husband's ( who fought through North Africa and Italy with the 8th army ) grandchildren couldnt get social housing whereas various africans who lived closeby could, despite the fact that they returned to holiday in the countries that they had " fled in fear of their lives from " regularly,i guess that doesnt go down too well in sussex though does it ? where you have regularly had to deal with a massive influx of immigrants with a totally different culture and lifestyle to your own does it ?

brighton_girl87

Jul 18, 2006
I dont know how much dialogue you had with your nan, or whereabouts she came from, but my nan , who lived through the blitz was well pissed off that her and her husband's ( who fought through North Africa and Italy with the 8th army ) grandchildren couldnt get social housing whereas various africans who lived closeby could, despite the fact that they returned to holiday in the countries that they had " fled in fear of their lives from " regularly,i guess that doesnt go down too well in sussex though does it ? where you have regularly had to deal with a massive influx of immigrants with a totally different culture and lifestyle to your own does it ?

There must be a BNP forum you can post on?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here