Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turned Away For Being British......... What's The View Of The NSC Hand Wringers?

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Back off a bit on Bushy on this one. This is misguided British people getting it wrong here... not foriegners or people of diffferent colour or creed. This is more a comment on how some people who want to do good are a bit naive and the do-gooding is misplaced. It is of fundamental necessity that integration takes place to encourage understanding on both sides.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Let's hear a bit more about the excellent work that this project does (untainted by anything raised in this week's newspapers):-

Open Door Church St Neots : Making Links

We work with the Heart of the Community Trust for whom Making Links is a major project. Making Links seeks to operate in the spirit of the Commission for Racial Equality (CRE) document, “The Reception and Integration of New Migrant Communities” (2007), which stressed the need for “bringing communities together and facilitating interaction between them”. The numerous women and children who attend (currently around 50 each week) comment that Making Links frees them from feelings of isolation, helps them build multicultural friendships and empowers them with knowledge about the local community. Thus Making Links presents a friendly St Neots face to people who might otherwise be outsiders.

The weekly sessions are free and include refreshments, a 1½ hour art and craft session which varies each week, visits from free local service providers such as community police, children’s health services, EAL providers, etc, and a crèche within the meeting room provided by Sure Start. The Making Links project is being co-ordinated by Anna Kay (a Hinchingbroke A&E nurse) and Carolyn Owen (a retired teacher and nursery leader), supported by 9 volunteers from the church, and under the oversight of the Trustees of the Heart of the Community Trust.

Making Links meets in the Priory Centre every Thursday in term time from 10.00 am to Midday. It is supported by charitable grants from the Town Council, Sure Start, Luminus, the Muir Group, The Co-operative Community Fund, NPower at Little Barford Power Station, and other generous local donors.

The aims of the project are:

· To develop cross-cultural friendships

· To promote cultural identity and self-esteem

· To promote community relationships with local service providers

· To support the client group in meeting the needs of their children (0’s-under 5’s) through promotion of services for under 5’s and Women’s Health

· To empower the client group to be part of decision making processes within the group

· To support clients who wish to access training to promote self-development and employment opportunities

At least one thing is clear from this. The Sun is WRONG. It's NOT A PLAYGROUP.

Of course this puts it all into perspective. Thank you Lord B

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
If the definition of 'hand-wringer' is 'not a racist' then I'll own up to that. My view is that certain people on here are, let's say, 'obsessed with race', but are clever enough to stop just short of saying something that will really get them in trouble.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
So as per, we've looked into one of these articles in a bit more detail and guess what, it's turned out to be utter BOLLOCKS.

Oh well, look forward to the next one. Predictions anyone? I'm going for:

"Immigrants stole my winning lottery ticket, JUST for the crime of being British."

Last edited:

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
What will happen now is, people will see that the story is complete bollocks...even right wingers will recognise its a non story.....but...they will still spread the story anyway.
Its quite sad that the right wing feels the need to spread non stories, and in many cases, complete lies in order to maintain their victim status.
Like the 'council bans xmas' nonesense in Birmingham.. A multi denominational xmas, created by businessmen in the area to drum up trade is taken by the right and spread as 'boohoo these nasty foreigners wont even let us have our xmas'.
Actually, its beyond sad. Its pathetic.

Last edited:

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
So British isn't an ethnic or national group any more? Yeh, I thought so - that's how it feels anyway

I don't think it's ever been, certainly not for a thousand years or so

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
This.

I look back at the threads he has started and virtually every one has a racist undertone.

Surely Brighton is a bad club to support for a BNP member. The chairman is Jewish, the manager is South American and the best player is black.

You are better off going to support Everton maybe?

From what I gather he's a sad, somewhat lonely individual with few interests and few strings to his bow. All consistent with his narrow postings on here.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
..and our rules say it is OK.

A spokeswoman for the Equality and Human Rights Commission, said under the Equality Act 2010 it is not unlawful to set up a group especially for a particular ethnic or national group.

There's a surprise. Funny that.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
You do realise that the Metro is owned by the Daily Mail?? :facepalm:

Yes but people were going on about the story being in The Sun and I was merely pointing out that other papers carried the story as well. :facepalm:

sjamesb3466

Jan 31, 2009
Leicester
Yes but people were going on about the story being in The Sun and I was merely pointing out that other papers carried the story as well. :facepalm:

And you mentioned the Mail. Hence why I was pointing out that its hardly surprising that it was also a story in the Metro, a feeder paper for the Mail.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
There's a surprise. Funny that.

There are countless examples of societies/organisations that will 'discriminate' against a patron.

I could not join the Women's Institute if I wanted to.
If I were a lady, I would not be able to sit on the main table in the Hove Club.
I have been refused entry to a gay club in Manchester for being heterosexual.

We would have the lazy umbrella term 'PC Madness' thrown about if every single club/society/organisation were forced to admit anyone and everyone.

There are far more important and prevalent discriminatory issues that this non-story.

There are countless examples of societies/organisations that will 'discriminate' against a patron.

I have been refused entry to a gay club in Manchester for being heterosexual.

We would have the lazy umbrella term 'PC Madness' thrown about if every single club/society/organisation were forced to admit anyone and everyone.

There are far more important and prevalent discriminatory issues that this non-story.

Wait - they ASKED your sexual preference at the door??

ryeseagull

Feb 26, 2009
United States
The broader issue here is that these women were allowed to leave the house at all! You can't tell me there weren't skirting boards to scrub, or piles of ironing!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
And you mentioned the Mail. Hence why I was pointing out that its hardly surprising that it was also a story in the Metro, a feeder paper for the Mail.

And your point is ? As it so happens I didn't mention the mail but never mind.

fork me

I have changed this
Oct 22, 2003
Gate 3, Limassol, Cyprus
I read about this in the Metro, not The Sun or Mail. That's the thin edge of the wedge, some schools actually don't use English in Science lessons, where do you stop ?

Girl accused of being racist

1) That story is 5 years old.
2) We only have HER word for it that that's all she said. The school can't comment on grounds of confidentiality.
3) Nowhere in that story does it say the lesson wasn't taught in English.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here