Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Turned Away For Being British......... What's The View Of The NSC Hand Wringers?

Aldo

Ruffian Revolution. STH.
Jul 15, 2008
Hove
I was reading that link off your Facebook the other day regarding that, and I never knew about The Sun and what they wrote etc etc..was an interesting read.

Always good to know another person else is aware of it

Paxton Dazo

Up The Spurs.
Mar 11, 2007
Fair enuff, I didn't realise you were looking to hook a fool (although I certainly have my moments!). Just take it easy on the old 'stabbing people' bait though eh? I know you're better (& smarter) than that. :thumbsup:

Thought you must have been referring to my student comments, as part from them, and the odd Gambling ( :D ) post, I hardly post on here anymore..

This is so, so wrong though. Stabbing was toungue in cheek.

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Emma Boon sums it up

Emma Boon, of the TaxPayers' Alliance, said: "Offering preferential treatment to one group based on race or nationality is unlikely to help integration. It's likely to result in deeper divisions - and could even breed resentment in the community."

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I've just read that article btw, & I can see the issue from both viewpoints. So for me, there's no hand-wringing involved but more than just a whiff of creasote. Don't anybody go worrying about me mind - 'cos I was fortunate enough to receive a Charlie aerosol 4-pack for Christmas. It will, unquestionably, disguise the pong: although it could be argued that the creasote smells rather better.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
We are clearly not getting the full story here and I very much doubt the Sun would print a follow up with a proper justification or the reason why there is the need for some exclusion.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Just FYI for those complaining it's just a story in The Sun, I first read it in the Telegraph

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
We are clearly not getting the full story here and I very much doubt the Sun would print a follow up with a proper justification or the reason why there is the need for some exclusion.
This is my suspicion also. Funny how you rarely find these stories in the broadsheets. Probably because there are wider issues at work and they're more likely to print the whole story, and in most cases it will turn out to be an absolute non-issue.

But yes, to appease bushy, on the face of it, banning a Brit from something reserved for foreigners does seem racist.

Bushy if you're going to post a story, how about posting that newsworthy story about that woman from Bristol who has been forced to put her disabled child into care because she says personal promises made by Cameron about respite care have not been fulfilled? I mean that's a MAJOR issue for her, whereas this shit story is not going to affect the life of the woman in question ONE BIT.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
Just FYI for those complaining it's just a story in The Sun, I first read it in the Telegraph

What, in the interests of balance like ? :lolol:

Enough already, I've let myself down in adding to yet another Bushy bore fest :(

Gordon the Gopher

Jul 16, 2003
Hove
This is my suspicion also. Funny how you rarely find these stories in the broadsheets. Probably because there are wider issues at work and they're more likely to print the whole story, and in most cases it will turn out to be an absolute non-issue.

But yes, to appease bushy, on the face of it, banning a Brit from something reserved for foreigners does seem racist.

Bushy if you're going to post a story, how about posting that newsworthy story about that woman from Bristol who has been forced to put her disabled child into care because she says personal promises made by Cameron about respite care have not been fulfilled? I mean that's a MAJOR issue for her, whereas this shit story is not going to affect the life of the woman in question ONE BIT.

Not quite. Murdoch will be shoving a wedge of his money her way. The same Murdoch who was going to make the 2018 world cup in England inaccessible to the vast majority of English people unless they were going to pay to watch it on Sky!

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Roger Owen, the administrator for Making Links, said: "We have had an issue with men turning up before and back then we told them the group is strictly for mothers so it's nothing to do with racial discrimination.

"It is a group for ladies from other countries. It is not for British people.

"It started out as a church group but is now run by a local charity and we get money from writing to organisations such as housing associations, the local council and the lottery.

"It is quite hard work but obviously we get the money on the basis its a group for ladies from other nations.

"There is a creche and ladies can bring their children, but it is not strictly a playgroup. It is what the Government calls a single identity group."

A spokeswoman for the Equality and Human Rights Commission, said under the Equality Act 2010 it is not unlawful to set up a group especially for a particular ethnic or national group.

So is it a 'playgroup' or not? That quote comes from the Telegraph - certainly a different slant from the Sun.

this is a fxxking disgrace,this is britain.....live by our rules or go home xx
Roger Owen, 66, who runs the project and makes the rules, doesn't seem to me to be someone whose home is anywhere other than Britain.

Where do you want him to go?

And why are people blaming "immigrant mums" for the way Mr Owen runs the place?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
..and our rules say it is OK.

A spokeswoman for the Equality and Human Rights Commission, said under the Equality Act 2010 it is not unlawful to set up a group especially for a particular ethnic or national group.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here