Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Many people will be offended by this - the apologists for people who behave without care, principle nor manners when dealing with others. These travellers have to accept as the old adage goes, that they should act with responsibility to go with their 'rights'.

Stanmer Park and other locations have been increasingly abused by these people over the past few years.

The cost and frequency of civil actions and public prosecutions to ensure that people are protected from these people is unacceptable.

The police should do better. If say, the Queen was scheduled to land in Stanmer in a helicopter and travellers were parked up, does anyone seriously believe that an alternative site would be found for her to land? Obviously not. The police would clear the area. You would not hear them say it was a civil matter then. They'd find a very good lawful reason to clear the area.

The police are totally useless when acting on our (the people who pay their salaries) behalf.

The Queen landing in Stamner Park. Right, you've convinced me. We really do need to rid the park of such tax-dodging parasites that live off our taxes.

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
I knew someone would call me a pikey for using my camper. Cheers Skintgull, you're an insulated moron.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am astonished at the sheer f***ing naivete of your post, you literally cannot live in the real world.

So, you treat everyone you meet as a potential mugger, rapist, thief, etc, etc, etc...just because some people from their community behave in that manner!

Can't beat a healthy portion of stereotyping can you...the real point I was trying to make was that not every traveller/gypsy is deserving of the bile that many seem to be aiming at them!

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
So, you treat everyone you meet as a potential mugger, rapist, thief, etc, etc, etc...just because some people from their community behave in that manner!

Can't beat a healthy portion of stereotyping can you...the real point I was trying to make was that not every traveller/gypsy is deserving of the bile that many seem to be aiming at them!
You are living with your head in the clouds, they(99.9 per cent of them) are never happy unless They're robbing you, its quite plain the you have had precious little contact with them, good luck to you when you do eventually come across them.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You are living with your head in the clouds, they(99.9 per cent of them) are never happy unless They're robbing you, its quite plain the you have had precious little contact with them, good luck to you when you do eventually come across them.

Marvellous, it was people with that attitude who made the life of my family and many others a misery back in the 70's...just for being Irish...we were of course all members of the IRA who wanted to bomb you all to oblivion!

Marvellous, it was people with that attitude who made the life of my family and many others a misery back in the 70's...just for being Irish...we were of course all members of the IRA who wanted to bomb you all to oblivion!

You were sort of doing ok till you posted this crap, your post is bolloxs and you know it , opposition are 2-1 up now.

And before you or anyone else says it YES I KNOW CANNEDHEATS POST ARE A LOAD OF BOLLOXS, I agree but cannedheat could be anyone of six different people two of em Polish.

ta ta for now irate fucker on the phone

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I knew someone would call me a pikey for using my camper.

You'll notice that most people didn't tho. That's what counts.

The minute the financial sector wallahs and the buy-to-let greedheads move in, then the vibe that made yer town a bit special is lost forever.

It's getting more like Haywards Heath On Sea all the time. Who are these people? Why are they intent on Starbucking our town? Do they actually have a life beyond their poxy property prices?

More Alonsos and less Skintgulls needed round these parts IMHO

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You were sort of doing ok till you posted this crap, your post is bolloxs and you know it , opposition are 2-1 up now.

Cheers mate, you are of course absolutely right...I will go for a last minute equaliser and victory in time added on!

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You'll notice that most people didn't tho. That's what counts.

The minute the financial sector wallahs and the buy-to-let greedheads move in, then the vibe that made yer town a bit special is lost forever.

It's getting more like Haywards Heath On Sea all the time. Who are these people? Why are they intent on Starbucking our town? Do they actually have a life beyond their poxy property prices?

More Alonsos and less Skintgulls needed round these parts IMHO

it happened years ago mate. its a wierd plastic version of itself now, full of the dullest middle of the road fashion victims, the type of people who think the t-mobile flash mobs are exciting and fun, and not the sickening cynical everyone making themselves look like the braindead consumers they are exercises they are.

I would take some crusties over them any day of the week.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
it happened years ago mate. its a wierd plastic version of itself now, full of the dullest middle of the road fashion victims, the type of people who think the t-mobile flash mobs are exciting and fun, and not the sickening cynical everyone making themselves look like the braindead consumers they are exercises they are.

I would take some crusties over them any day of the week.

Good points, all well made. IMHO, like :clap:

Alonso Moseley

Jun 16, 2008
Absolutely agree The Spanish and THPP, but this is the state of things, parody and pastiche over 'real'. S'pose it's now neo-postmodernism os something.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I passed the Wild park on my way out this afternoon and there were2 caravans towards the Coldean lane end.

About 6 hours later, on my return journey, there must have been about 20. All of these arrived during the day time, all parked up where they should not be. Does make you wonder why the police could not step in at an early stage and prevent them from stopping.

I wonder if any have called into the Hikers for a friendly pint with the locals?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
The police are totally useless when acting on our (the people who pay their salaries) behalf.

For someone who calls himself getreal1, I would suggest you take a pinch of your own advice.

It would be easy to boot out an entire field of travellers on the spot if the law provided for that. Unfortunately, it doesn't as things stand, and the police have to act within the confines of the legislation as it exists- ie to serve the travellers with notice, make sure they leave when they're supposed to (which is most of the time) and then go round in circles doing exactly the same thing when they turn up at the next site.

Plus other factors like human rights come into play (don't get me started), whereby if there are newborn babies and so on in the encampment they can't just be moved on.

This isn't Iran or China, the FILF can't just turn up and CS gas an entire field of travellers just because nobody wants them there.

Scampi

One of the Three
Jun 10, 2009
Denton
We had travellers in a park near where i live last year. Problem was I'd promised the kids they could play on the swings, so rather nervously i stood there while my kids ran around getting on with life.
A couple of children came out of the caravans at one point and stared at us but that was it.
Next day we returned and they were gone. No mess was left, no vandalism, just the council putting up a shiney padlock on the entrance gate.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Two days before the first league game at Falmer and thirty caravans pitch up in the car park resulting in the game and the next few being cancelled, 28 days they get moved on "Due process" of course how pissed off would we be then?? Genuine question!

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Two days before the first league game at Falmer and thirty caravans pitch up in the car park resulting in the game and the next few being cancelled, 28 days they get moved on "Due process" of course how pissed off would we be then?? Genuine question!

Why not Withdean on the 6th August this year blocking all the turnstiles for the south stand?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here