Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
hahaha what a surprise, the charmingly rogueish and outrageously put upon itinerent folk, whose wonderfully colourful way of life is harassed by nimbys and Daily Mail readers, being defended on here.

er, original post was AGAINST their presence wasn't it?

You should take your head out of your arse every once in a while.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Just come back from walking the dog at Devils Dyke and noticed that the road by the golf club has been invaded by travellers.

Surely the old bill should be moving them on ?

Dog walkers, travellers, festival goers.....the downs are for all to enjoy.

I personally dislike dog walkers but I'm prepared to let them get on with their pastime.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
I currently sleep in my campervan, mostly out of choice even though I have a place in central Brighton where I work. I have two park ups on farms nearby, use a couple of camp sites, and occasionally use the road THPP mentions. It's great waking in the country, watching the wildlife and generally getting away from it all, within the south downs area. As long as you clean as you go and respect your surroundings it is a cheap and enjoyable existence.

We have someone at the bottom of our road, and I mean someone as I haven't a clue who it is, very tidy, very quiet and living in a blue campervan. Isn't a bother to anyone.

In fact we've had a few at the bottom of our road over the years, and never had a problem. But I wouldn't call them travellers in the same sense as the groups of uneducated inbreds I've see....

Apr 17, 2009
Rural East Sussex
About 400 yards from Bracknell Towers, there's a guy living in a large campervan, parked up in a layby, who has been there for about 2 months. Keeps himself to himself. No trouble. Everytime I walk past him (usually with the dog) he scurries into the van to avoid the human (or canine) contact that might be on offer.

He has a trailer on the back of the campervan that seems to contain everything that a decent shed in the garden might be fitted out with.

He's clean, leaves no litter and causes no nuisance. As far as I'm concerned, he can live there as long as he wants. My only concern is that he might be collecting some of his water from the ditch/stream into which I pump sewage. But I guess he'd have gone down with typhoid weeks ago if that was the case.

Lord Gage I presume. His young wife is a bit of a babe. Dirty old man

Last edited:

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
er, original post was AGAINST their presence wasn't it?

You should take your head out of your arse every once in a while.

whats it to you you unfunny waste of food and water.

someone defended them. I said it was no surprise.

Do you think you are only supposed to comment on the original post then? You have not got the hang of this have you? Especially not any humour or being tongue in cheek.

Havent you got any BBC comedy video boxsets to OBSSESS over today with the curtains drawn?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
exactly what taxes were they paying? council tax? income tax? leaving human shit and mess tax? doubt it very much

I dont know, in the same way you do not know what taxes I pay...and I dont know what taxes you pay.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
if i knew what that meant i'd answer, lol! only, in my experience of travellers, they seem a friendly bunch but not the cleanest or honest of characters. only in MY encounters though

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
thats exactly where it was, they used to camp on the training ground and dig big holes in the pitches to have a shit in. good for the footwork as you didn't want to tread in it. the look on your apprentices face was a picture if you did though and he had to clean it off, ha ha!! when we used to do shooting practice they'd run off with the balls. i used to hate it cos we'd have to run there as we couldn't park in the car park! got my own back though by bribing two of the kids to have a fight for a quid. proper up right stances like in the early 1900's

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
thats exactly where it was, they used to camp on the training ground and dig big holes in the pitches to have a shit in. good for the footwork as you didn't want to tread in it. the look on your apprentices face was a picture if you did though and he had to clean it off, ha ha!! when we used to do shooting practice they'd run off with the balls. i used to hate it cos we'd have to run there as we couldn't park in the car park! got my own back though by bribing two of the kids to have a fight for a quid. proper up right stances like in the early 1900's

:lolol:

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Surely the fact that they are called travellers gives a clue to their intentions, they will be moving on of their own accord eventually, no need to divert the upholders of the law from their normal duties of chasing and banging up criminals.

Must be nice in your ideal world,most of them are all criminals.Only difference is the old bill wont go near them,cos their to shit scared of them.Same goes for decent normal people,who they terrorise if they dare to stand up to them....If only they did travell,that would be nice.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Must be nice in your ideal world,most of them are all criminals.

My ideal World...that is an odd thing to say, I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt...until I doubt the benefit!

I am pretty sure that most of them aren't criminals, however just like the MPs who have been fiddling expenses, a few bad apples tend to make everyone think the whole barrel is rotten!

johnnyrocketpants

Mar 7, 2009
Dog walkers, travellers, festival goers.....the downs are for all to enjoy.

I personally dislike dog walkers but I'm prepared to let them get on with their pastime.

And just what, pray, is wrong with bleeding dog walkers? (Don't answer, I know what you're thinking)
If I'm walking across the downs and a geezer comes along, I think "what's he up to?"
If a geezer comes along with a dog, I know (probably) he's just walking his dog, and enjoying it. Makes me feel a bit sort of safer, like.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here