Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Travellers

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
as opposed to culinary delights like frkadelle and pommes frites mit mayo , washed down with bier und cola ?

I'm partial to a currywurst myself, but yes, pommes mit ketchup und mayo.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I'm partial to a currywurst myself, but yes, pommes mit ketchup und mayo.

So just to check: currywurst - which is of course covered in sauce. Then TWO different sauces on the chips AS WELL?

Hut ab, impressive stuff.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So just to check: currywurst - which is of course covered in sauce. Then TWO different sauces on the chips AS WELL?

Hut ab, impressive stuff.

Zehr lecker

Attachments

• curryWurst01.jpg
    curryWurst01.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 74

¡Cereal Killer!

Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Sep 13, 2003
Somewhere over there...
At the moment they are a load of them down Wild Park, one of them is parked on the Path.

I BET that the owner will not get in trouble for parking there, but if you or I was to park our cars on a path in the middle of a park, the car will get towed and we will get fined.

The kids are disgraceful as well, when I went past on the bus today they were getting conkers of the tree and threatening to throw them at cars and buses!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
wow, must've taken you ages to think that up.

Colonel Blimp is a British cartoon character.

The cartoonist David Low first drew Colonel Blimp for Lord Beaverbrook's London Evening Standard in the 1930s: pompous, irascible, jingoistic and stereotypically British. Low developed the character after overhearing two military men in a Turkish bath declare that cavalry officers should be entitled to wear their spurs inside tanks.[1]

Blimp would issue proclamations from the Turkish bath, wrapped in his towel and brandishing some mundane weapon to emphasize his passion on some issue of current affairs. Unfortunately, his pronouncements were often confused and childlike.[2] His phrasing often includes direct contradiction, as though the first part of a sentence of his did not know what it was leading to, with the conclusion being part of an emotional catchphrase.[clarification needed]

Blimp was a satire on the reactionary opinions of the British establishment of the 1930s and 1940s. Colonel Blimp has been called the representative of "all that [Low] disliked in British politics" - such as a perceived lack of enthusiasm for democracy.[3] Although Low described him as "a symbol of stupidity", he added that "stupid people are quite nice".

George Orwell and Tom Wintringham made especially extensive use of the term "blimps", Orwell in his articles[4] and Wintringham in his books How to Reform the Army and People's War, with exactly the above meaning in mind.

In his 1941 essay "The Lion and the Unicorn", Orwell referred to two important sub-sections of the middle class, one of which was the military and imperialistic middle class, nicknamed the Blimps, and characterised by the "half-pay colonel with his bull neck and diminutive brain". He added that they had been losing their vitality over the past thirty years, "writhing impotently under the changes that were happening."[5]

2.35.15-ff.JPG

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Colonel Blimp is a British cartoon character.

The cartoonist David Low first drew Colonel Blimp for Lord Beaverbrook's London Evening Standard in the 1930s: pompous, irascible, jingoistic and stereotypically British. Low developed the character after overhearing two military men in a Turkish bath declare that cavalry officers should be entitled to wear their spurs inside tanks.[1]

Blimp would issue proclamations from the Turkish bath, wrapped in his towel and brandishing some mundane weapon to emphasize his passion on some issue of current affairs. Unfortunately, his pronouncements were often confused and childlike.[2] His phrasing often includes direct contradiction, as though the first part of a sentence of his did not know what it was leading to, with the conclusion being part of an emotional catchphrase.[clarification needed]

Blimp was a satire on the reactionary opinions of the British establishment of the 1930s and 1940s. Colonel Blimp has been called the representative of "all that [Low] disliked in British politics" - such as a perceived lack of enthusiasm for democracy.[3] Although Low described him as "a symbol of stupidity", he added that "stupid people are quite nice".

George Orwell and Tom Wintringham made especially extensive use of the term "blimps", Orwell in his articles[4] and Wintringham in his books How to Reform the Army and People's War, with exactly the above meaning in mind.

In his 1941 essay "The Lion and the Unicorn", Orwell referred to two important sub-sections of the middle class, one of which was the military and imperialistic middle class, nicknamed the Blimps, and characterised by the "half-pay colonel with his bull neck and diminutive brain". He added that they had been losing their vitality over the past thirty years, "writhing impotently under the changes that were happening."[5]

2.35.15-ff.JPG
no need for such long winded clarification of your feelings towards me , my feelings towards you can be pretty much encapsulated by the phrase " I think you're a prick".

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Zehr lecker

When I was working in Denmark I always enjoyed a boefsandwich or frikkedille med whatever, but I enjoyed it even more in the knowledge that in Southern Jutland they f***ing hated (no, f***ing despised) the Germans for all the summary executions and general Germans Being Psychotic ***** behaviour that they performed on their beautiful country.

How anyone can be in thrall to the most evil culture ever to tar the name of humanity, is beyond me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here