Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport Levy....£30 confirmed as per NSC exclusive

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
if it's not worth paying for why use it? End of the day it is theft.

Because its free, and if it wasn't I'd walk down and get a bus. Trains are a shambles and I've missed a large portion of the first half on 3 occasions this season due to delays, no drivers for the rain and best of all, running a two carriage train on the last service before kick off.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Some points to consider:

1. Coach travel via Seagulls Travel and other supporters groups is already subsidised by the club and will continue to be so next season, at a higher rate.

2. The cost of the overall transport scheme (P&R, train and bus travel, coaches) will be heavily subsidised by the club (approx 2/3rds of overall cost).

3. Matchday tickets will have a levy added and ticket holders will have travel options.

4. When pricing near-site parking for next season the club will take into account the levy.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Havn't got much choice have I...it may not seem a lot paying £30 extra but when added to everything else thts going up then it matters....I don't use the current system and don't intend too...will it stop me buying a season ticket...nope

shellsuit

Feb 5, 2009
hardly a massive increase and seems fair across the board,however im a little miffed as we pay for the disabled parking option at the ground already,public transport is not an option for us.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Seriously - anyone who has any issue with this should just f*** off and support someone else.

We have one of the best equipped stadiums in the country, tickets to get in are in massive demand and yet we still have bargain-ous ticket prices as well as the ability to pay by Direct Debit which eases the burden for many.

We all campaigned for years and years about how we would make the Falmer location work using sustainable transport wherever possible.

A £30 levy is a ridiculously small price to pay to help continue the Albion/Amex success story.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
I can believe people are getting their knickers in a twist about £30. Without sustainable travel there would be no stadium so even if you don't use it I don't think £30 is much to ask. And don't forget we have a waiting list ready to take your place if you don't renew.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
I don't get all this there would be complete chaos if tickets were checked. There would be no need to check every ticket at every game. If there was the potential for very visible spot checks then most people would go and buy a book of vouchers to avoid the embarassment of being refused onto the bus or being fined at the train barrier. One match check the Racecourse, another check the trains, another Mithras and so on. There would be a need at all to check after the game if checking was done on the way to the game. it's unlikely anyone is going to make their way to Falmer simply to get a free bus/train ride.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
I paid for the travel for years at Withdean and never used it as I walked to the ground.
If you object to paying - don't pay. Don't go.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
Seriously - anyone who has any issue with this should just f*** off and support someone else.

We have one of the best equipped stadiums in the country, tickets to get in are in massive demand and yet we still have bargain-ous ticket prices as well as the ability to pay by Direct Debit which eases the burden for many.

We all campaigned for years and years about how we would make the Falmer location work using sustainable transport wherever possible.

A £30 levy is a ridiculously small price to pay to help continue the Albion/Amex success story.

:):) Nailed.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Because its free, and if it wasn't I'd walk down and get a bus. Trains are a shambles and I've missed a large portion of the first half on 3 occasions this season due to delays, no drivers for the rain and best of all, running a two carriage train on the last service before kick off.

what!? ive been getting the train for every home game since Nov. often strolling up 3/4 hr b4 ko & the only ko i missed was for Leciester where some twat jumped down on the track & they turned all the power off. other than that trains have been increasingly reliable & well stewarded.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
I haven't got a massive problem with it, however bearing in mind that 2 adults a senior and 2 kids we park at the uni. Now while I don't expect them to take the full amount off would be nice if the club reflected the extra charge in the price of that parking. As between us we will be paying an extra £105

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I'm pretty sure if you conducted a poll on this the majority of fans would understand that this is the most viable option for the club.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

It also sends a strong statement to the council when we're applying for planning permission for the expansion of the stadium.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
I don't get all this there would be complete chaos if tickets were checked. There would be no need to check every ticket at every game. If there was the potential for very visible spot checks then most people would go and buy a book of vouchers to avoid the embarassment of being refused onto the bus or being fined at the train barrier. One match check the Racecourse, another check the trains, another Mithras and so on. There would be a need at all to check after the game if checking was done on the way to the game. it's unlikely anyone is going to make their way to Falmer simply to get a free bus/train ride.

Quite, you spend long enough queuing at the station, theres plenty of time to check tickets.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

So no debate then? Bit harsh

The other benefit of the scheme is that it annoys Beach Hut.

Everyone's a winner.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour

Quite

If the club had whacked a £30 increase across the board and not mentioned anything about the transport issue (and still charged £30 a season for the travel vouchers) would anyone have moaned.....actually don't answer that, of course they would have.

Daft thing is, moan like buggery they will but how many of them will vote with their feet? Very few I bet.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here