Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport Levy....£30 confirmed as per NSC exclusive

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
There wouldn't be fare dodgers if the rail company employed the correct number of staff and checked the tickets at each barrier.

It would take hours to get through the barriers and staff couldn't walk through the crowded trains as they are rammed.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Well I pay a share of a £360 car park space. Hope they think about this and drop the cost of the car park spaces to £300 as cars will have a least on average 2 fans.

This. I don't want to be paying for my car parking space and then paying for park and ride etc that clearly I'm not going to use as I have a parking space.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Is anyone seriously going to moan about a £30 increase? Especially when you are getting something back for it.

The ticket prices IMO were very reasonable and we're selling out every game consequently. Granted we'll have the 8000 extra seats but I was told some time ago that the waiting list was over 2.5k so if that is true who knows what it is now.

Very decent gesture from the club IMO.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
Wonder if they are going to stick it on all the away tickets too... makes more sense that way instead of rocking up to the park and ride and then realising you should have bought a travel voucher.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
I doubt if I will use it but if it give us a transport policy that smooths planning permissions and other relationships with councils etc. then I am happy to pay it. It is just another way of supporting our club in its development.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This. I don't want to be paying for my car parking space and then paying for park and ride etc that clearly I'm not going to use as I have a parking space.

You paid for it at Withdean wherever you parked your car, so why moan now?

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Is anyone seriously going to moan about a £30 increase? Especially when you are getting something back for it.
The ticket prices IMO were very reasonable and we're selling out every game consequently. Granted we'll have the 8000 extra seats but I was told some time ago that the waiting list was over 2.5k so if that is true who knows what it is now.

What about those of us who wont get anything back from it as we have already paid for our travel in other ways?

Also the mid sussex gulls have 77 people traveling all season and don't touch the public transport network and they will have to pay extra?
Yes, but ... the Club are still incurring costs in accommodating coaches at the stadium. The costs of providing the coach park, for one. And the costs of stewarding the coach parking arrangements, for seconds. It's not unfair for these costs to be recovered from the people who benefit. Similarly with car parking costs.

A flat charge spread across all supporters is the simplest, cheapest and fairest way of dealing with all transport costs that the Club have to meet.

And folk who benefit from the convenience of getting a near-by parking space are getting a premium service. It's fair that they should pay more.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

This.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
You paid for it at Withdean wherever you parked your car, so why moan now?

Because the money I was paying to park my car wasn't going to the club then so they had no way of knowing that I wouldn't use the park and ride. Now that money is already going to the club and they know about it.

Uwinsc

Aug 14, 2010
Horsham
Yes, but ... the Club are still incurring costs in accommodating coaches at the stadium. The costs of providing the coach park, for one. And the costs of stewarding the coach parking arrangements, for seconds. It's not unfair for these costs to be recovered from the people who benefit. Similarly with car parking costs.
A flat charge spread across all supporters is the simplest, cheapest and fairest way of dealing with all transport costs that the Club have to meet.

But we are already paying for that

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
Tough on some but had to be done.

People were taking the piss with it. I've been getting the 5B into town from Uncle Sams in Patcham for most games, and BHA fans there just flash their season-ticket card and get on without paying a fare.

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
From a personal point of view I think it is an excellent idea. I paid an extra £60 for travel and I feel a bit of a mug every game when I know that half the bus from the park and ride haven't paid anything. However I still don't understand why there couldn't have been spot checking of tickets. The potential embarrassment or hassle of not being allowed on the buses would have encouraged a lot of people to purchase a book of tickets.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Stupid taxation as club cannot be arsed to get SR to check tickets and police what they pay for

The Lemming Stomper

Under the flag
Apr 1, 2007
Saltdean
It is the simplest thing to do, so yes I think it is the right thing to do. it is the checking of tickets that is the problem not the tickets themselves. Whilst I have a valid brian ticket I now have the option of the bus too, so I'm quite happy. At Withdean I did not need the voucher at all for a few seasons but still had to pay for it, so I'm glad I'll get my money's worth. An extra £2.50 on my DD is hardly a huge cross to bear.

I would willingly sell my house and all its contents to help the Albion !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ukun8nc5Y8U

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here