Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport Levy....£30 confirmed as per NSC exclusive

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
A sensible solution to a practical problem. I don't know the situation on the buses, only time I got the bus to a game I paid the full fare. But checking the tickets at Falmer station is simply not practical for the number of people using it and the size of the exits there. At withdean I had to pay for a voucher I didn't need and didn't complain, I do not see why people should be complaining about this when it is such a modest sum and we get such great facilities in return.

Stupid taxation as club cannot be arsed to get SR to check tickets and police what they pay for
Do you seriously want the queues to get on to Falmer station post-match to be delayed while staff check the tickets of everyone passing through the barriers? The outcome would be that post-match dispersal of fans would take hours, or (more likely) that a lot of supporters using the trains would be so pissed off about having to wait that they would abandon the train and opt for other ways of travelling.

7:18

Brighton & Hove Albion
Aug 6, 2006
Brighton, England
Why should the prices go UP for the Premier League...we would have less matches paid for with the season ticket!

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
Having bought a voucher book at the start of the season, and seen how little it is checked, I think that this is the fairest option of all. Come on people, they could have easily hiked the prices given how successful this season has gone so far, but am more than happy with this option.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
So I am paying a subsidy on my ticket for something I do not use, for some low lifes who steal from the bus companies by not paying their due fare.

Yes, very fair indeed.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Only sensible solution. And you will not find one post from me moaning about the fact that i paid the transport levy at Withdean for years when i walked. Again, it was the only sensible solution.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
This could be something we have told the council we will do (i.e heavily subsidise public transport) in order to help us get permission for the extra seats...

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
What about those of us who wont get anything back from it as we have already paid for our travel in other ways?

I assume you pay for parking? Well the club don't want you to drive hence the huge tax that is the cost of a parking space. This is just an addition on top of that.

And come on it's just over a quid a game, hardly going to break the bank is it!?!

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
From a personal point of view I think it is an excellent idea. I paid an extra £60 for travel and I feel a bit of a mug every game when I know that half the bus from the park and ride haven't paid anything. However I still don't understand why there couldn't have been spot checking of tickets. The potential embarrassment or hassle of not being allowed on the buses would have encouraged a lot of people to purchase a book of tickets.

I'm with you there.

Staff have been physically assaulted and verbally threatened by morons after requesting to see Travel Vouchers. I can understand the clubs position in making this a blanket policy.

Of course there will be winners and losers, but the majority will benefit.

mrjon1976

Found bliss in ignorance
Jul 25, 2011
gravesend
Tough on some but had to be done.

People were taking the piss with it. I've been getting the 5B into town from Uncle Sams in Patcham for most games, and BHA fans there just flash their season-ticket card and get on without paying a fare.

This. I drive from gravesend and use the Mithras house p&r, and have seen people just flash the ticket. Even though I paid for a voucher book, that doesn't really bother me...but how can people moan? It equates to about £17 per game which is cheaper than my nearest teams Gillingham and ebbsfleet...both of whom play worse football in lower leagues. Let's be proud of hat we have got please people!!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
They're not stealing from the bus company, Dave. They are stealing from the Club.

irrespective.....I am still paying a subsidy for these people. Its not my fault that Southern cant be arsed to check tickets, or the bus companies cant be arsed.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Anyway the thing to do is mail the club about the stupidity of the travel tax, if enough people dissent I suspect it will change with an opt out period where the onus is on the STH to prove to the club they do not need this additional tax.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Don't like it but a practical solution to get everyone to pay their way and if it means it will help us get the permission for the extra seats then so be it.

so you are quite happy to punish the innocent so the guity can get away with it?

excellent logic there

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Do you seriously want the queues to get on to Falmer station post-match to be delayed while staff check the tickets of everyone passing through the barriers? The outcome would be that post-match dispersal of fans would take hours, or (more likely) that a lot of supporters using the trains would be so pissed off about having to wait that they would abandon the train and opt for other ways of travelling.

I would welcome that and it would then encourage people to actually buy a ticket if hit with a £20 penalty fare

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
Anyway the thing to do is mail the club about the stupidity of the travel tax, if enough people dissent I suspect it will change with an opt out period where the onus is on the STH to prove to the club they do not need this additional tax.

I assume you'll be voting with your feet and not renewing then?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
think of it like NI contributions, some might pay for private healthcare but you still pay NI for the greater good.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here