Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transport Levy....£30 confirmed as per NSC exclusive

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I must book an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow, my sides have split

The Hut Tax will contribute significantly to permission for our extra seats, it annoys the hell out of you and, this is the best bit, me being in the 1901 means I do not have to pay it as my season ticket package price is fixed for another 4 years. Win, win, win. The perfect tax.

I dont think the club have yet said to what extent they will amend the on site parking prices but it is good that they have already said they will make some amendment.

I suspect that they will look at the average number of users per car and maybe amend the price on that factor.

So if they establish by means of observation or sample that there is an average of 2.25 users per car then perhaps they will amend the cost by c£65 or so. That would seem fair and equitable. There will be some single driver 'winners' and some multiple user 'losers' but the view I'm hearing from those I know that drive is that given some amendment, they wont be changing their patterns and moving to buses or trains based on the levy alone. There are some who thought public transport would be worse than it is and now wish to partake in drinking on a match day.

A few points in relation to the above, the current transport management "plan" and the capacity extension planning application:

1) The club has always used a average car occupancy figure of 2.7 to justify both the P&R's and near site parking capacities. I don't think this is based on observation so they may not wish to put any "real" data into the public domain that shows a lower figure.
2) The current planning application classifies the Mill Road and Mithras P&R's as full so anyone looking to use those in future, whether the extra capacity is approved or not, had better be prepared to arrive early.
3) Should anyone be looking to switch to the trains then there is an assertion in the planning application that 2000 of the additional 8,250 fans will travel by rail although the capacity is not there unless they travel earlier than an hour before the game or later than half an hour after, when there is supposed to be spare capacity according to Southern. However, assuming the same modal share applies to the new fans as to the existing ones, the additional numbers looking to travel by train could actually be up to 3600!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It was quite interesting, I left bang on the whistle( as i had to get to a concert) and walking outside the ground I thought i was back in teh 70's...there were hoards of people running to the station to get there first and get on the trains.....I look around expecting Pompey chasing them , but no.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I seem to recall there being a different tax liability if the travel costs are added onto the cost of match tickets and I thought that was also one of the other reasons for exluding them from the combined season ticket cost?

No VAT element if it is a travel voucher rather than integrated into the ST/matchday price but there again who would pay for a travel voucher if it was optional and chances are you could travel for nothing ?

Uter

Aug 5, 2008
The land of chocolate
A few points in relation to the above, the current transport management "plan" and the capacity extension planning application:

1) The club has always used a average car occupancy figure of 2.7 to justify both the P&R's and near site parking capacities. I don't think this is based on observation so they may not wish to put any "real" data into the public domain that shows a lower figure.

The club comissioned comprehensive travel surveys for the home games against Blackpool, West Ham and Leeds. The results are in the public domain. They observed an average occupancy of 2.7 per car in the Racecourse P&R, 2.7 in Bennett's Field and 3.1 in the University of Sussex car parks.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here