Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers - Have we all given up hope of staying up?

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I'm sure there was talk a month or so back, that we were preparing to spend serious money in this transfer window? Surely if thats the case, you wouldn't wait to spend it on players that nobody else wanted at the end of the window.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Unfortunately, I do not agree 'we're too good to go down' label.
We are where we are because we are a bottom 5 side & having played like so all season. I cannot remember one league game at home this season that we
have played well. Played well in patches for some, but not once to a reasonable level. The squad is thinner now than at the beginning, when I thought at the start of the seasn than despite Ian Hart's hype that we would be lucky to finish in the top 10.

Realistically, we may just about end up where we are now.

However, I do not see any investment in the club for next year.

The pressure will be greater next season to get out of this division, but which way?

On the other hand given that we are not expected to beat Leeds on Saturday (is it really only 2 wins at home), you never know............

I think Adams will be out of a job, if we don't beat Luton either

the 'too good to go down' label is absolutely crap. Its been said of quite a few teams in recent years and surprise surprise theyve gone down.
if you ar in the relagation zone after 46 games you are obviously not too good to go down.
At the moment we are not too good to go down.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
We have a god in goal and super Glenn, but the rest of those are either mediocre or never played in the right position.

Did it really? I suppose we did have quite a few experienced players. Bearing in mind who our chairman was, how on earth did we end up agreeing to pay out so much money? On reflection, it's amazing we didn't just have the youth team out on the pitch each week.

We paid Rochdale £130,000 at the start of the 96/97 season for Jason Peake, and were paying him three times what they had offered him (in what was allegedly the best contract they had ever offered a player), we spent another £120,000 on Baird and Maskell. The crazy thing was that Archer sanctioned all the spending.

Having a deaf, alcoholic manager did not help though.

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
Micky needs to recall Lynch from Forest. He is our player, we pay his wages and our need is greater than Forest's. If Lynch doesn't want to return then he has to be told that he has no choice.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I think Adams will be out of a job, if we don't beat Luton either

Unlikely.

The board is backing him, and to get rid half way through a transfer window is potty. The new manager - and that depends on how long it takes to find one - would have to come in, assess the team, work out who and what he needs, then go back to the board and start negotiations with ongoing transfer targets, and new players not yet marked out for requirement.

The best you could hope for is loan signings. And chaos.

If Micky was going to be sacked, he would have been by now.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Micky needs to recall Lynch from Forest. He is our player, we pay his wages and our need is greater than Forest's. If Lynch doesn't want to return then he has to be told that he has no choice.

I'm not sure a stroppy, pissed off Lynch is what we want in our defence right now. Yes he's under contract to us, and in theory we could have recalled him instead of extending the deal, but he's made it perfectly clear he has no desire to play for the club again. Bridges have been burnt.

One thing I would have been looking for though is to sort out a transfer fee for him this month, instead of just loaning him there for the rest of the season.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I'm sure there was talk a month or so back, that we were preparing to spend serious money in this transfer window? Surely .

Same old same old, the only time we delivered was with Murray

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I'm not sure a stroppy, pissed off Lynch is what we want in our defence right now. Yes he's under contract to us, and in theory we could have recalled him instead of extending the deal, but he's made it perfectly clear he has no desire to play for the club again. Bridges have been burnt.

One thing I would have been looking for though is to sort out a transfer fee for him this month, instead of just loaning him there for the rest of the season.

To late now.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
We're lucky Forest took & paid for him before Davies took charge, if he don't rate him, they've paid us now for someone who might only be back up under Davies.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
It's seems deadly quiet on here regarding the transfer window.

Considering we are nearly half way through it, it would appear to no ones surprised we are yet to sign anyone, dispite us having "funds available"(50p)

There been hardly any moaning.

We haven't even heard Uncle Dick tell us he is in negoitations with 200 high profile players like he using bullshits us with at this time of year.

It's deafingly quiet!!

This board isn't littered with XXXXX Signs threads, only for everyone to be caught out for the hundredth time in the week that it's nothing to do with us so................. have we all thrown the towel in, and accepted that we will probably end up buying a couple of Johnnie Dixons on 2nd Feb at 11.59pm?

Sorry, but I had to ask the question

Hi Mr Insider

Can you let Dick and Micky know that the transfer window is now in fact open.

As we are half way through the window, I thought I'd better check that they haven't forgotton its January.

Cheers
Mr B:D

So exactly how far are we adrift of safety in last place in the league? cos the league tables i see show us as being outside the relegation places as things start, so why does not having signed anyone yet mean we are going down.
:tosser::tosser:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Yes, yes you do!
Not really IMO. There are plenty of people who trot out irritating rubbish as a matter of course and don't get slaughtered for it by people who should know better.

If someone annoys you that much, just stick them on the ignore list surely?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here