Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers - Have we all given up hope of staying up?

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
I've never slept with a ginger.Always wanted to though.

jaylondon22

Jan 5, 2009
You're simply wrong - we finished 7th last season whereas this season we are one point from the relegation places. We are considerably more shit than last season, despite having crammed our team with more expensive players. Maybe if the manager played our players in their correct positions, we'd suddenly have a stronger squad, but he picks the players in the positions he sees fit, and we're a gash outfit under Adams.

In answer to Mr Burns, I couldn't give a f*** how many players we've signed as of now. As long as we've got reinforcements by the time the window CLOSES I'll be happy.

Wilkins got sacked last year when we finished in a challenging position. Adams came in and added players he wanted to strengthen the club. What makes you think that by signing a load more of players he or Dick Knight wants will help the situation?

The problem does not lie soley with the lack of quality in the squad, but with the fact that Adams realises that if he gets the sack he gets the remainder of his 3 year contract paid out. Every time i have seen him after a defeat he spouts off a load of excuses in a half hearted, resigned attitude which makes me feel he does not give a toss anymore.

Adams failings as a manager should not be disguised by Knight throwing money that we do not have at the transfer market when the likelyhood is that we will not really improve on what we have. The route of the problem is Adams and Knight needs to show some leadship and replace him with a decent and more professional operator who can work with our talented young players (a case in point - Jake Robinson)

Our squad needs a lift and a fresh start if we are to stay up and Adams can not give us that. Time to grow some bollocks Knight - put the last six months down to experience, replace Adams, do buy a decent attacking midfielder, dont bow to mindless pressure and sign 4 mediocre players who wont recitfy the problem, and stablize the team in this division ready for an assult next year.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I cannot BELIEVE we haven't signed anyone - we're ONE deafeat from the relegation zone for god sake! I can't believe how little moaning there's been.

Shambles, utter shambles.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sorry, but any genuine challenge was gone long before the end of the season. That seventh position was flattering in the extreme.

We were two points off Tranmere (6th place) with a game in hand, after 40 fixtures. Winning three and losing three was not enough unfortunately. Wilkins does not get enough credit for his efforts last season.

jaylondon22

Jan 5, 2009
No. I'm saying we played like complete c unts at the back end of last season.

Maybe so, but the league does not lie, if you finish in at the top you get promoted and if you finish at the bottom, you get relegated. We finished 7th and now we are on the cusp of the relegation zone.

What will everyone say when we waste a load of new players and get relegated with a new stadium to pay for?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here