Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfers - Have we all given up hope of staying up?

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
It's moronic threads like yours which made the Insider stop coming on here and answering genuine questions. Some of the "questions" being asked on there are cringe-worthy, and more to the point, pointless.

I'm all for a joke, but abusing something like Ask The Club for poops and giggles is wearing a bit thin.

Back to the topic in hand, I'm not getting too worried about it. You just know we'll leave it to the last week!

the last week? that soon

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I don't buy this. Yes we have been playing shockingly badly, but if you look at the squad compared to last year we've strengthened, not weakened. The squad here should be doing far FAR better than they are, that is what makes it all the more galling.
I'm not convinced, players he had over various points last seaosn that we don't have now include Racon, Hammond, O'Calagahan, Hammond.

Our entire midfield has left and all we've got in is Livermore who Adams doesn't seem to want to play there. And Virgo who shouldn't be there but is.

McLeod has come instead of Westlake which might be alright if he was fit for five minutes. Lynch and Butters are gone, Hawkins is in.

Maybe when we had the loan players there was an argument but right now we are definitely weaker.

I'm not convinced, players he had over various points last seaosn that we don't have now include Racon, Hammond, O'Calagahan, Hammond.

Our entire midfield has left and all we've got in is Livermore who Adams doesn't seem to want to play there. And Virgo who shouldn't be there but is.

McLeod has come instead of Westlake which might be alright if he was fit for five minutes. Lynch and Butters are gone, Hawkins is in.

Maybe when we had the loan players there was an argument but right now we are definitely weaker.

But we were stronger in the second half of last season, when we had Racon and Westlake, but not Hammond or O'Callaghan. I'd argue its probably swings and roundabouts and the squad is probably of a similar strength to last year. The problem is the manager isn't, as the Virgo problem indicates.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
I definitely agree that the management has been worse this season, but personally I think one of Adams' failings was that he inherited a nucleus of decent players in the spring but failed to add anything to it. In the summer and with at least some of the loan signings.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I don't buy this. Yes we have been playing shockingly badly, but if you look at the squad compared to last year we've strengthened, not weakened. The squad here should be doing far FAR better than they are, that is what makes it all the more galling.
You're simply wrong - we finished 7th last season whereas this season we are one point from the relegation places. We are considerably more shit than last season, despite having crammed our team with more expensive players. Maybe if the manager played our players in their correct positions, we'd suddenly have a stronger squad, but he picks the players in the positions he sees fit, and we're a gash outfit under Adams.

In answer to Mr Burns, I couldn't give a f*** how many players we've signed as of now. As long as we've got reinforcements by the time the window CLOSES I'll be happy.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
Same old Same Old. The players available will be trying to find somewhere to move to, preferably in a location where they can afford to live, and also with a team with decent facilities. Once they realise that they can't find that utopian option, they will take a look at what Brighton is offering, and then we'll be signing, but it won;t be till the last few days of the window.

How very true, sadly... :annoyed:

You're simply wrong - we finished 7th last season whereas this season we are one point from the relegation places. We are considerably more shit than last season, despite having crammed our team with more expensive players. Maybe if the manager played our players in their correct positions, we'd suddenly have a stronger squad, but he picks the players in the positions he sees fit, and we're a gash outfit under Adams.

In answer to Mr Burns, I couldn't give a f*** how many players we've signed as of now. As long as we've got reinforcements by the time the window CLOSES I'll be happy.

I'm sorry I think there's a hell of a lot of revisionism going on here.

Players out since the end of last season:
Westlake
Racon
Lynch
Butters
Richards
Thompson

Players in since:
McLeod
Livermore
Hawkins
Virgo

With the exception of Richards and Thompson (who have both JUST left, and I hope will be imminently replaced), we've swapped Westlake (who, by the end of his spell here, people were saying was not playing very well) for McLeod, Racon for Livermore, Lynch for Virgo and Butters for Hawkins.
At the start of the season most people on here were happy that we'd strengthened the squad (not massively, but strengthened none-the-less) and were optimistic.

I'm not saying we aren't gash, of course we are. You only have to see the performances and the league position to know that. But this talk of us having a terrible squad compared to last year is wrong, IMO. I actually think, Simster, that you're agreeing with me (although you may not want to admit it). Adams has f***ed up what was a pretty good squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here