Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Im sorry if i repeat myself. i just want whats best for the club.

So do we all :rolleyes: And you're not the only one with a very thin grasp on reality here.

But I for one am not prepared to watch us spank fifteen grand a week that we don't have on one all singing, all dancing striker, only to end up a few hours from bankruptcy in two years' time.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
:facepalm:

Because they can afford to pay them massive wages

Because they are (at the moment) bigger clubs with impressive and shiny stadiums, not a shitty athletics track and a thirteenth place finish last year.

SAKE.

Impressive use of font size. Might take more than just this for it to sink in however.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
I dont care what you lot say about me .

I feel a bit sorry for you. Your post about Hudds, Sheff & Soton really shows your basic lack of understanding of the clubs finances, the attractiveness (or lack of) of our club and TB not wishing to follow the example of our souith coast neighbours.

There is no point in signing a player for the sack of it. Gus clearly had targets but could not get them due to one of the three reasons above.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Would I be wrong to think that there might still be a chance of another signing?

The club haven't come out on the transfer update and said that all is done :shrug:

RSBLUEANDWHITEARMY

Aug 5, 2009
North Stand
Yes, I'm a little disappointed we didn't get any more permanent signings this time round, but I'm not doing any of this :tantrum: because I remember how well Gus did with loan signings after the last transfer window closed - Lua Lua, Painter and Barnes all joined the Albion afterwards and did really well for us. I'm fully optimistic that he'll come up trumps again in the loan market in the coming weeks.

I'm also confident Poyet can use the loan market to good effect again.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Eurrggh, Holroyd was 5 years older than Torby when we signed him. What do you want from the club? To buy the best name out there? On our budget, that is asking too much and you are only going to get disappointed.

Not 'the best name out there' but, for comparison, Walsall (note the club here) signed Macken, and he showed us all how to finish on Sat...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
SSN announce deals done have still to be announced due to time it takes to lodge the paperwork.

They have just announced Antony Gardener has gone from Hull on loan to the shit selhurst club.

Possible additions still to happen?

Whingers, hold fire please.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
Gus clearly had targets but could not get them due to one of the three reasons above.

I agree totally. But wouldn't it be bloody brilliant if it suddenly got announced we'd signed the very definition of the striker all the moaner's want, seconds before the window closed? Then watch them scurry away into their holes until the next time something goes even vaguely wrong.

maxnug

Jun 9, 2008
Would I be wrong to think that there might still be a chance of another signing?

The club haven't come out on the transfer update and said that all is done :shrug:

Well the Argus have said that its all done and dusted on transfers

"The window closed at 6pm with no further additions to Gus Poyet's squad."

I know its not official, but maybe an indication?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Two in for Albion
6:11pm Tuesday 31st August 2010

Print
Email
Comments(11)
By Andy Naylor »

Albion have confirmed Kazenga LuaLua and Torbjorn Agdestein as their two signings on transfer deadline day.

The window closed at 6pm with no further additions to Gus Poyet's squad.
===

This from the Argus seems to suggest they think the dealings are done for today.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Bloom does not like large phone bills so we were only allowed to make two calls.

Poyet also had a lie in after his dance class the previous night ran into the early hours.

Oh. My. God.

Lol! :laugh:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Not 'the best name out there' but, for comparison, Walsall (note the club here) signed Macken, and he showed us all how to finish on Sat...

He also looked quite fat.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
Well the Argus have said that its all done and dusted on transfers

"The window closed at 6pm with no further additions to Gus Poyet's squad."

I know its not official, but maybe an indication?

Fair play. Hadn't looked on the Argus site.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Charlton managed alright last season without a striker who scored 20+......

Austin still with you then? Quite a few rumours going round about him today.

Would have thought he'd be better off staying put for now TBH.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Two in for Albion
6:11pm Tuesday 31st August 2010

Print
Email
Comments(11)
By Andy Naylor »

Albion have confirmed Kazenga LuaLua and Torbjorn Agdestein as their two signings on transfer deadline day.

The window closed at 6pm with no further additions to Gus Poyet's squad.
===

This from the Argus seems to suggest they think the dealings are done for today.

Whingers, as you were then.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here