Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
i mean we needed a forward and am i not aloud my say

Yes, we KNOW we needed a forward. You're not the only person with this opinion. And we got one. Is he the one to lead us to promotion? We don't know yet, none of us bar his mother have heard of him. You're *allowed* your say but if its deluded whinging then go and play with the worms in your garden, its not constructive, its just tedious.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Yes, agreed in all areas we are stronger except strikers - they score goals and hence this could be a problem.

strikers score goals, really - so bennett, sparrow and painters goals do not count or am i missing something?

i thought it was a team game involving all 11 players on the pitch, and if strikers are so important why don't any teams play with 10 strikers :facepalm:

incidentally i have every faith that gus and tb know exactly what they are doing :clap2:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I expect Gus was too busy on the phone to Villa to bother.

:jester:

New Carpet?

Aug 23, 2009
Yes, I'm a little disappointed we didn't get any more permanent signings this time round, but I'm not doing any of this :tantrum: because I remember how well Gus did with loan signings after the last transfer window closed - Lua Lua, Painter and Barnes all joined the Albion afterwards and did really well for us. I'm fully optimistic that he'll come up trumps again in the loan market in the coming weeks.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
One last thing, and I know I'm probably clutching at straws, but the official site normally has some sort of closing statement on it when there are definitely no more signings to be announced. There isn't one there yet.

Nope, face facts we are relegation fodder. Thats it its over time to get the map out to find my way to Selhurst to support a proper team

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
You look at all the other clubs like huddlesfield and southampton and sheffield wednesday they hav all got proven forwards who will score goals.

They have greater revenue streams and rich benefactors without an expensive stadium to fund. It is not our fault if we can't match them! Grrrrr

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You look at all the other clubs like huddlesfield and southampton and sheffield wednesday. they hav all got proven forwards who will score goals.

:facepalm:

Because they can afford to pay them massive wages

Because they are (at the moment) bigger clubs with impressive and shiny stadiums, not a shitty athletics track and a thirteenth place finish last year.

SAKE.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
One last thing, and I know I'm probably clutching at straws, but the official site normally has some sort of closing statement on it when there are definitely no more signings to be announced. There isn't one there yet.

I was thinking the same...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Oh my God. Would Gus had signed Ahley if he was shit? No. Is it shit to score 5 in 12? No. Is it shit that he holds the ball up brilliantly for a 20 year old? No. Christ. Barnes is actually a brilliant prospect, and is already a very good striker at the young age of 20.

Agreed, he has done very well for us, but 2 good strikers is NOT enough for a serious promotion push, UNLESS we get lucky with injuries / suspensions for Murray / Barnes...

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
I dont care what you lot say about me .

And we don't care what you have to say.

If you can't see, literally CANNOT see, that on our budget, with our average gate, that we can't afford to sign Rooney, then you're an idiot. Go and support Portsmouth if you want instant success followed by crippling debt and a decade of failure. Because by the looks of it, if we don't go up, we'll be playing them next year.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Agreed, he has done very well for us, but 2 good strikers is NOT enough for a serious promotion push, UNLESS we get lucky with injuries / suspensions for Murray / Barnes...

What I am trying to say is: "what are the chances of losing both at the same time?"

If we do, we probably will struggle, as will every team in the league, apart from the big money clubs, as they won't have adequate back up either.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here