Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
We have the exact same squad that we were on play-off form with at the end of last season + Greer + Sparrow + Battipiedi + Baz + Kishishev + numerous squad players, and the only player we have lost that will have any impact is Crofts, and Sparrow looks more than up to filling his boots.
Put it into a bit of perspective please :facepalm:

Nailed it - but don't expect the moaners to respond to that kind of logic. Far easier to keep on bleating.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
'Proven forwards' are like gold dust and cost a kings ransom. Even if we do have enough money in the kitty to meet the demands of the selling club, we still have to offer a better contract than clubs with, potentially, greater revenue streams. We are not in a position to throw huge sums of money about. How many clubs in our league have gone out and bought a recognised goal threat? Sorry to be so simplistic, but a large amount of posters seem to suggest that it is easy.

It seems that the loan market shall have to be our 'salvation'.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
i just hope lua lua takes on players and gets decent crosses in for murray and barnes and i feel we have taken risk with this young forward

Last edited:

Pondicherry

May 25, 2007
Horsham
When we had Ritchie and Robinson or Small and Byrne up front I dont remember people worrying about the strength of the cover then and we were in Prem and Champ equivalents then. We are not in a position where we can afford three or four "good" strikers IMHO.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm happy with that.

A left winger which we badly needed, and a promising option upfront. All we need now is possibly a left back on loan to cover Painter.

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
i just hope lua lua takes on players and gets decent crosses in for murray and barnes and i we have taken a very big risk with this young forward

Your posts are beginning to give me a headache, have you heard of punctuation? And how is it a big risk exactly? We've paid peanuts for a young, backup striker on a year's contract. Its not like we've just signed Michael Owen on £60k a week and his groin's gone in the first game.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
God, you're a tedious bastard aren't you. Are you ever happy? Of course you are - you're happy whenever there is something to moan about.

Not tedious, just agreeing with Gus, our manager, that we needed a proven striker... you really do live in cloud-cuckoo land, don't you? :dunce::dunce:

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Your posts are beginning to give me a headache, have you heard of punctuation? And how is it a big risk exactly? We've paid peanuts for a young, backup striker on a year's contract. Its not like we've just signed Michael Owen on £60k a week and his groin's gone in the first game.

Exactly, considering they also wanted 100k for him, we did really well in that signing.

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I can't believe we didn't try and beat Sunderland to Gyan. Nightmare

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
i just hope lua lua takes on players and gets decent crosses in for murray and barnes and i we have taken a very big risk with this young forward

as big a risk as an untried manager?

get a grip, if anyone can mould a young striker it is our coaching team and as others have commented a "proven" goalscorer costs money that we simply are not going to pay at this moment in time.

incidentally, what was messi aged 18 - was he "proven" enough for you :shrug:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

This.
A short-term contract and a place in the development squad is barely a massive risk.

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Some of you lot would do well to remember we are, as of last season, a third division team playing in a crap ground, in a league with bigger and richer clubs, therefore the sort of players you're talking about might not actually be that keen to join us, at least not for this season.

I cannot grasp why people are criticising the club for "failing" to sign the likes of Jason Roberts or Adam Le Fondre, when they quite probably have made enquiries but been turned down by the player because they have far better offers.

If you idiots want to see us end up like Pompey because we've chucked money we don't have at players we can't afford, then be my guest. Personally I'd rather we attempted to get this club built on solid foundations, and if it means we take a little longer to get to where we all want to be, well so be it. I'd rather have a sustained period of success starting from say two years time than go roaring up the league now and then have it all fall apart around us because of unsustainable debts and creditors attempting to wind the club up from all directions.

A little grasp on reality is needed :rolleyes:

Edna I think I love you! THIS THIS THIS THIS

garethjamesuk

Jan 6, 2004
Eastbourne
Here is the Bus load of Idiots as someone stated hehe, the people coming home from work, that speak all shit, and have a go at other people for having opinions, its all been good comments on here up until about 5pm.
Also how does it ever help calling Barnes shit, he may read this and plays for our club, he scored nearly 1 in 2 last season for us, some of you on here just dont have a brain cell.
Your actually hindering the club not helping but your properly thinking as long as have a laugh with my bum buddies its ok and piss some real fans off.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
How do you know we didn't?

I suspect he's being facetious.

Personally, I wouldn't want the striker who he's obviously referring to back. He had his chance here and failed, there is no reason whatsoever to think he'd be any different second time around, regardless of his reasonable start to the season in Shropshire.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
did you not see the volley he hit against walsall?

and have we not just signed another striker?

He scored, yes, and i saw the volley. One goal doesnt make a good striker, and in the games i've seen him so far i dont rate him. He cannot play up front on his own, pre-season and the first couple of games proved that, and if Murray gets injured our only option is to play him on his own. Yes we've signed a striker, and if you actually read the article he's part of the development squad at first.
Its not ridiculous to want 3 decent strikers, not when our chairman states we want a top 2 finish.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here