Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Some of you lot would do well to remember we are, as of last season, a third division team playing in a crap ground, in a league with bigger and richer clubs, therefore the sort of players you're talking about might not actually be that keen to join us, at least not for this season.

I cannot grasp why people are criticising the club for "failing" to sign the likes of Jason Roberts or Adam Le Fondre, when they quite probably have made enquiries but been turned down by the player because they have far better offers.

If you idiots want to see us end up like Pompey because we've chucked money we don't have at players we can't afford, then be my guest. Personally I'd rather we attempted to get this club built on solid foundations, and if it means we take a little longer to get to where we all want to be, well so be it. I'd rather have a sustained period of success starting from say two years time than go roaring up the league now and then have it all fall apart around us because of unsustainable debts and creditors attempting to wind the club up from all directions.

A little grasp on reality is needed :rolleyes:

Agree with much of what you say, but we have had an obvious need for a striker since Forster threw his toys out the pram... plenty of time to sort it out and we have FAILED to do so...

Southwick_Seagull

Oct 8, 2008
Some of you lot would do well to remember we are, as of last season, a third division team playing in a crap ground, in a league with bigger and richer clubs, therefore the sort of players you're talking about might not actually be that keen to join us, at least not for this season.

I cannot grasp why people are criticising the club for "failing" to sign the likes of Jason Roberts or Adam Le Fondre, when they quite probably have made enquiries but been turned down by the player because they have far better offers.

If you idiots want to see us end up like Pompey because we've chucked money we don't have at players we can't afford, then be my guest. Personally I'd rather we attempted to get this club built on solid foundations, and if it means we take a little longer to get to where we all want to be, well so be it. I'd rather have a sustained period of success starting from say two years time than go roaring up the league now and then have it all fall apart around us because of unsustainable debts and creditors attempting to wind the club up from all directions.

Can we make this post a sticky? Most sensible post of the day.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Oh my God. Would Gus had signed Ahley if he was shit? No. Is it shit to score 5 in 12? No. Is it shit that he holds the ball up brilliantly for a 20 year old? No. Christ. Barnes is actually a brilliant prospect, and is already a very good striker at the young age of 20.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
'Proven forwards' are like gold dust and cost a kings ransom. Even if we do have enough money in the kitty to meet the demands of the selling club, we still have to offer a better contract than clubs with, potentially, greater revenue streams. We are not in a position to throw huge sums of money about. How many clubs in our league have gone out and bought a recognised goal threat? Sorry to be so simplistic, but a large amount of posters seem to suggest that it is easy.

It seems that the loan market shall have to be our 'salvation'.

Which is what I said earlier, you tedious tw@t...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
He cost a minimal amount and has the potential to be class. Christ, get your head screwed on

What!? Like Holroyd? He MAY prove useful, but none of us know, do we?

brightonrock

Dodgy Hamstrings
Jan 1, 2008
We have had all day and weve only signed 2 players .

THIS ISN'T FOOTBALL MANAGER. "Let's get in Seyfo Soley, he's a holding midfielder available on a free. And what about Michael Mifsud, he got 34 in 31 for me in his first season." Jesus christ. WE HAVE A BUDGET WE HAVE TO STICK TO. NOT ALL PLAYERS WANT TO COME TO THE WITHDEAN. THERE IS TIME YET TO GET IN A LOAN PLAYER.

What is unclear?

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

Whilst my heart would love the additional players, the head reads this and nods head with agreement.

Yes....this.

brightonmark1234

Feb 9, 2010
Worthing
You look at all the other clubs like huddersfield and southampton and sheffield wednesday. they hav all got proven forwards who will score goals.

Last edited:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I would love to see what some of you do when you decide you need to move house.

You see a beautiful mansion in an estate agent's window: six bedrooms, stunning architectural features, tennis courts, brand new kitchen, pool, views of the Downs and the sea, no neighbours and its own helipad and secret underground bunker. Offers in the region of £1.8 million, and there are already three interested parties willing to pay the asking price, one a cash buyer.

Your budget is £250,000.

Do you think you'll get that house? Do you expect your bank manager to loan you the outstanding £1,550,000 based on your salary of £30k? Do you sulk massively and tell him he is a twat who lacks vision and ambition when he won't lend it to you?

Judging by a few posts on here, I'm rather guessing that a few of you would.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here