Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Our strongest formation in some eyes. Spaz, Kish, LuaLua, Bennett and Jamie Smith in the middle with Muzza/Barnes up front? Gives me shivers thinking how awesome that is.

Not too unhappy if we start most games (even at Withdean) in 4-5-1. It looks like the players are settled in it. It's just the lack of options if things aren't going to plan in a game that worries me.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Murray is our proven striker...some people just set their expectations too high which only leads to disappointment. Supporting a team that has not done much in the past few years, the squad we have is such a good one, some people need to take the stick out of their ass and start crafting it into a useful tool, such as optimism and good support. :facepalm:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Well, he was played left midfield against Rochdale? Now we have LuaLua we can play 4-4-2 like we did against Walsall and dominate the game. Happiness and optimism for all!

I dont rate Barnes, you can be as optimistic as you like, and hopefully prove me wrong, but he's not enough if we want to finish inside the play-offs if he starts every week. Murray is likely to spend some time injured or suspended, so we are left (currently) with Barnes and Holroyd/Hart as back up.
We cannot rely on Murray for 46+ games, and Barnes cannot hack it on his own up front, end of, in my opinion like.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Murray is our proven striker...some people just set their expectations too high which only leads to disappointment. Supporting a team that has not done much in the past few years, the squad we have is such a good one, some people need to take the stick out of their ass and start crafting it into a useful tool, such as optimism and good support. :facepalm:

And some people need to take their head out of their ar$e and realise we have effectively zero cover if Murray and/or Barnes get suspended or injured...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean

i agree totally, look at the squad now compared to 12 months ago :clap2:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
We have the exact same squad that we were on play-off form with at the end of last season + Greer + Sparrow + Battipiedi + Baz + Kishishev + numerous squad players, and the only player we have lost that will have any impact is Crofts, and Sparrow looks more than up to filling his boots.
Put it into a bit of perspective please :facepalm:

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Should have put in a bid for the young lad banging them in for Shrewsbury.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
And some people need to take their head out of their ar$e and realise we have effectively zero cover if Murray and/or Barnes get suspended or injured...

Wtf are you on about?!?!? If Murray gets injured, we play Barnes...Yes, if we paly a 4-4-2 and one gets injured, we switch to a 4-5-1. Baz/Hart/Holroyd/Agdestein will have to do the job if both get injured at the same time.

If you look at teams in this league, what would happen if their two main strikers get injured?!!? They are going to struggle as well. It is impossible to please people unless you bring in f***ing Messi

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
I dont rate Barnes, you can be as optimistic as you like, and hopefully prove me wrong, but he's not enough if we want to finish inside the play-offs if he starts every week. Murray is likely to spend some time injured or suspended, so we are left (currently) with Barnes and Holroyd/Hart as back up.We cannot rely on Murray for 46+ games, and Barnes cannot hack it on his own up front, end of, in my opinion like.

did you not see the volley he hit against walsall?

and have we not just signed another striker?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Some of you lot would do well to remember we are, as of last season, a third division team playing in a crap ground, in a league with bigger and richer clubs, therefore the sort of players you're talking about might not actually be that keen to join us, at least not for this season.

I cannot grasp why people are criticising the club for "failing" to sign the likes of Jason Roberts or Adam Le Fondre, when they quite probably have made enquiries but been turned down by the player because they have far better offers.

If you idiots want to see us end up like Pompey because we've chucked money we don't have at players we can't afford, then be my guest. Personally I'd rather we attempted to get this club built on solid foundations, and if it means we take a little longer to get to where we all want to be, well so be it. I'd rather have a sustained period of success starting from say two years time than go roaring up the league now and then have it all fall apart around us because of unsustainable debts and creditors attempting to wind the club up from all directions.

A little grasp on reality is needed :rolleyes:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here