Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Impressive use of font size. Might take more than just this for it to sink in however.

I fear you may be right.

I wanted to use size 48+ just to really hammer the point home but it would probably have been really annoying to read the page :lolol:

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I would love to see what some of you do when you decide you need to move house.

You see a beautiful mansion in an estate agent's window: six bedrooms, stunning architectural features, tennis courts, brand new kitchen, pool, views of the Downs and the sea, no neighbours and its own helipad and secret underground bunker. Offers in the region of £1.8 million, and there are already three interested parties willing to pay the asking price, one a cash buyer.

Your budget is £250,000.

Do you think you'll get that house? Do you expect your bank manager to loan you the outstanding £1,550,000 based on your salary of £30k? Do you sulk massively and tell him he is a twat who lacks vision and ambition when he won't lend it to you?

Judging by a few posts on here, I'm rather guessing that a few of you would.

Yes, but suppose your budget is £250,000, and you buy a garden shed for £15,000 instead?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Yes, but suppose your budget is £250,000, and you buy a garden shed for £15,000 instead?

But Gus has said, the £15k is a holiday home for now but could turn into something more.........

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Suppose you were digging on the ground beneath that shed six months later and unexpectedly struck oil, leading to an international drilling corporation offering you £5 million for the land?
:p

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
What I am trying to say is: "what are the chances of losing both at the same time?"

If we do, we probably will struggle, as will every team in the league, apart from the big money clubs, as they won't have adequate back up either.

OK, fair enough... finger-crossed then...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
So do we all :rolleyes: And you're not the only one with a very thin grasp on reality here.

But I for one am not prepared to watch us spank fifteen grand a week that we don't have on one all singing, all dancing striker, only to end up a few hours from bankruptcy in two years' time.

Yes, Edna... but you always go from one extreme to the other, as do others... there is a continuum of fees / wages etc... and we have gone for a very cheap option... the alternative is NOT always £15k a week; some strikers lay somewhere in-between in terms of cost...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here