Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Or it'll be a loan now as the window has shut but going to a perm move in January.

If you look at the bottom it says that he has the option of using a short term loan but from the quote I don't think it is related to the striker. Also, he says they have a deal in the pipeline. Why would you setup a loan deal for next week just minutes after the deadline?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

If you look at the bottom it says that he has the option of using a short term loan but from the quote I don't think it is related to the striker. Also, he says they have a deal in the pipeline. Why would you setup a loan deal for next week just minutes after the deadline?

Because they couldn't get the permanent deal done in time? I mean if the deal was close, but they simply ran out of time then they could have agreed a loan/perm deal afterwards, but for next week when the window opens, especially as we don't have a game Saturday.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Suppose you were digging on the ground beneath that shed six months later and unexpectedly struck oil, leading to an international drilling corporation offering you £5 million for the land?
:p

I REALLY hope that happens! :albion1::albion1:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I'm happy

We have LuaLua plus a promising youngster who may well make an impact as the season progresses plus we will have another striker in place for our next league game.

Bring it on :albion2:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
OK, Edna...
Macken or Hart?
Macken or Holroyd?

I know who I would prefer and his surname doesn't begin with H

No argument, personally I couldn't believe Hart got a new contract (AGAIN) in any case, it's a complete waste of time IMHO, but there you go. Macken is an interesting one, I'm guessing that not many clubs were in for him, as if they were, he wouldn't have ended up at Walsall. So something is putting clubs off him.

Again, I will say it, the question is NOT whether Poyet is trying to replace these guys, because he clearly is. He wants to get promoted, what manager wouldn't?? Anyone who thinks he's been sitting around scratching his arse is completely deluded. Why on earth would he jeopardise his own job??

What I have repeatedly tried to get across is that the sort of players we're all talking about, ie cast iron guaranteed, 20 goal strikers, are too expensive. And they are in demand, with various offers to choose from, so they don't want to sign for us. There is competition for such players, why can't people see that? Why can't they get it into their heads that because Southampton can afford them, it doesn't follow that we can? Or that the player would want to join the Albion when Southampton probably offer a better chance of instant success?

We can't do a damn thing about either scenario. You can't nail a player's hands to the Withdean desk until he agrees to sign for the club.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I was just saying we have two very good strikers who know how to finish, plus some of the best midfielders...We're going to walk into the play-offs :D Easy

I sincerely hope you are right! :thumbsup:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Exciting... looks like Gus, unlike some on here, recognises the need for a proven striker remains

:facepalm:

I give up. I really do.

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Exciting... looks like Gus, unlike some on here, recognises the need for a proven striker remains... looks like the moaners were right after all then... :albion1::thumbsup:???:wink:

Just because we are getting one doesn't mean it is necessarily 100% needed It would be helpful, yes, and moaners who are calling Ashley and Glenn shit are the ones who I am getting pissed off with. People who have an opinion and display constructive criticism I like, as it shows they think about what they type about how to improve the club.

People who write "Barnes is shit" and "Get him out" etc. are just tedious. It would be useful to bring in a striker for competition for Ashley and Glenn, but IMHO, it is not a complete disaster if we don't bring one in.

Excited to see how Torby does :)

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Because they couldn't get the permanent deal done in time? I mean if the deal was close, but they simply ran out of time then they could have agreed a loan/perm deal afterwards, but for next week when the window opens, especially as we don't have a game Saturday.

But if you read the actual quote it sounds like he will only use a short term loan if needed elsewhere and it doesn't apply to the striker but maybe I am reading too much into it. I still think we are either awaiting confirmation from the FA or it is a player without a club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here