Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Transfer Deadline Day ***OFFICIAL*** Thread

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Minimal fee = no real altercations if this happens, also considering it is only a year contract :)

Yes, but my point is we should have spent our budget on a bungalow if at all possible :thumbsup::wink:

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Exciting... looks like Gus, unlike some on here, recognises the need for a proven striker remains... looks like the moaners were right after all then... :albion1::thumbsup:???:wink:

I think everyone on here recognises the need for another striker. It is just that not all of us see the need to moan about the lack of one every five minutes and throw our toys out of the pram at 6:01 on deadline day when it hasn't been confirmed.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
No argument, personally I couldn't believe Hart got a new contract (AGAIN) in any case, it's a complete waste of time IMHO, but there you go. Macken is an interesting one, I'm guessing that not many clubs were in for him, as if they were, he wouldn't have ended up at Walsall. So something is putting clubs off him.

Again, I will say it, the question is NOT whether Poyet is trying to replace these guys, because he clearly is. He wants to get promoted, what manager wouldn't?? Anyone who thinks he's been sitting around scratching his arse is completely deluded. Why on earth would he jeopardise his own job??

What I have repeatedly tried to get across is that the sort of players we're all talking about, ie cast iron guaranteed, 20 goal strikers, are too expensive. And they are in demand, with various offers to choose from, so they don't want to sign for us. There is competition for such players, why can't people see that? Why can't they get it into their heads that because Southampton can afford them, it doesn't follow that we can? Or that the player would want to join the Albion when Southampton probably offer a better chance of instant success?

We can't do a damn thing about either scenario. You can't nail a player's hands to the Withdean desk until he agrees to sign for the club.

Agreed, so we need to aim high, but be realistic, IMHO... not sure we have got the balance right, or someone would have been signed... just my opinion...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Just because we are getting one doesn't mean it is necessarily 100% needed It would be helpful, yes, and moaners who are calling Ashley and Glenn shit are the ones who I am getting pissed off with. People who have an opinion and display constructive criticism I like, as it shows they think about what they type about how to improve the club.

People who write "Barnes is shit" and "Get him out" etc. are just tedious. It would be useful to bring in a striker for competition for Ashley and Glenn, but IMHO, it is not a complete disaster if we don't bring one in.

Excited to see how Torby does :)

Me too, but Gus defo refers to him ('Torby') as one for the future, so not too excited in terms of what he will do for us THIS season TBH...

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I think that Gus tried to do that...

So do I, but we had plenty of time (not just today, but since Forster left), and it looks like we may have aimed too high / been unrealistic with our targets...

oh ah stantona

Oct 19, 2008
Correct me if im wrong...but hasnt gus said he still hopes to have a new striker by the mk dons game...now this would indicate that it will be a loan signing with poss view to permenant or at the very least a long term loanee...so quit your moaning and get firmly on the gus bus we are in very good shape the key signing was always going to be lua lua...

Sam Ovett

The New Manager Bus
Correct me if im wrong...but hasnt gus said he still hopes to have a new striker by the mk dons game...now this would indicate that it will be a loan signing with poss view to permenant or at the very least a long term loanee...so quit your moaning and get firmly on the gus bus we are in very good shape the key signing was always going to be lua lua...

Could be a loan, or it could be a free agent...hopefully the view to permanently sign loan if he is any good :)

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Without another striker signing this current squad is the best we have had for many a year , the capture of Lualua is a added bonus , let the good times roll

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
Without another striker signing this current squad is the best we have had for many a year , the capture of Lualua is a added bonus , let the good times roll

indeed it is......cant wait to see the reaction from some of these moaning wankers on here when the team plays well and challenges at the top end of the table all season!! I think Lua Lua was more important than a striker.....ok i know we do need cover if Murray or barnes get injured but our first 11 is looking good.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yes, but suppose your budget is £250,000, and you buy a garden shed for £15,000 instead?

What if the last central heated summerhouse has already been sold and you have to wait to rent one?

You can keep your tools in a shed for the time being that may prove to be useful.

Last edited:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
reading all this reminded me of a mate of mine (now passed away) who came to work one day and his words were "what the f*** are we doing signing some midget from Burton Albion I give up"
that midget was Peter Ward ..............how many 20+ seasons did he have

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here