Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays debate - Are Muslims threatening free speech in the UK ?

Are Muslims threatening free speech in the UK ?

• Yes

Votes: 63 70.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg said:
I am not particularly religious but think Gibson probably got it nearer the mark with his scenes in The Passion than Python did in Life of Brian

You think?
Thanks for that insight. Not only are you a comedy genius but it seems you are also blessed with analytical sharpness. Impressive.

Tom Bombadil

Jul 14, 2003
Jibrovia
Are Muslims Threatening freedom of speech?

Of course not. I think the recent veil debate shows that no reasonable area is out of bounds for discussion in this country.

On the whole I think many peoples lack of knowledge of the wide variety of Islamic cultures in the UK leads to these rather narrow and stunted beliefs about the opinions of the majority of British Muslims.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
Uncle Spielberg said:
I am not particularly religious but think Gibson probably got it nearer the mark with his scenes in The Passion than Python did in Life of Brian

Were you there? How can you be sure Jesus never whistled?

Rambo

Don't Push me
NSC Patron
Jul 8, 2003
Worthing/Vietnam
One thing is for sure, regardless of your views or 'intelligance' on the situation the 'public feeling' is clear to see.

Look at the results of the poll, the 'majority' feel pretty fed up about the whole situation, there is public unrest about it, you hear people in the street and in the pubs talking about it.

You can have your clever educated views or your neanderthal racist bollocks the fact is that this issue is now in the spotlight and causing unrest in England.

There will be fireworks in the not too distant future, mark my words.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A good and healthy debate :thumbsup:

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
British culture has evolved over thousands of years, based around a framework of Christian morality. This small island belies her size by having global political influence.

Many other countries have based their legal and judicial systems, their banking systems, their free press, their governmental systems etc on our systems because they are largely free, objective and democratic.

Just who the f*** do some of these Muslim leaders think they are to tell us how to go about our business??

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
I thought they mostly missed the point of the argument, although the French girl was very good. In the Jack Straw case, he wasn't trying to prevent people from exercising their freedom by wearing the veil, he just expressed an opinion that taking it off may help with communication - but he got slated as being anti-muslim for even talking about it, which is absurd.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
Big G said:
Maybe they should realise where they are...this is not a muslim country (thank f***). If they dont like our freedom of speech then fuckoff and live in a muslim country.

It also makes me laugh to see muslim women especially that uppity little school girl venting their displeasure at our ways and yet if they were to have their way and turn Britain into a muslim country then women would not even be allowed to have thier say.

Enough is enough, go and live elsewhere if you dont like it..... but you just know they won't, unfortunately!!

Couldn't have put it better myself. Well said that man!

They have a choice. No one is forcing them to live here. If it's not to their liking, then off they go back to their miserable homelands.

The reason this country is great is because of free speech. They come here because they like our way of life, then they try to change it so that it will end up like the third world backwaters they come from.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I sometimes let off a firework on 25/12 to celebrate CHRISTmas , is that still allowed or has the council banned it ???

Bevendean Hillbilly said:
there is no debate.

:lol:

By the way, in case you missed it, we have a state-established church in this country. Be nice if we were a secular nation but why the hell does the Prime Minister still pick the head of the Church of England?

Last edited:

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Spielberg said:
I sometimes let off a firework on 25/12 to celebrate CHRISTmas , is that still allowed or has the council banned it ???
What the f*** are you on about?

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
for heavens sake take a chill pill :p , lots of Christmas festivities are being curtailed so as not to offend other religions which is mainly due to pc council people and not the other religions wishes

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Uncle Spielberg said:
for heavens sake take a chill pill :p , lots of Christmas festivities are being curtailed so as not to offend other religions which is mainly due to pc council people and not the other religions wishes

Are they? What ones in particular and what Councils are doing this?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here