Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Todays debate - Are Muslims threatening free speech in the UK ?

Are Muslims threatening free speech in the UK ?

• Yes

Votes: 63 70.0%
  • Not sure

Votes: 9 10.0%
  • No

Votes: 18 20.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Silent Bob said:
Good to see you're not making any SWEEPING generalisations. :lol:
Judging by his posts on this thread, that programme could have depicted a nice, happy Muslim family, all sitting around together watching and enjoying a Spielberg box set and he'd still have been entertaining the idea of setting up a burning cross in their front garden and poohing through their letterbox. Not cool.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
vulture said:
If they dont like our rules they should f*** off back to their homelands

I'll put you down as a not sure then :lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Commander said:
True, but there are also far less muslims than the natives. For the moment, anyway.

I meant relatively, although that is speculation. I do get confused with this sweeping term - Muslim. Surely a criminal is not worthy of the Muslim tag, as he/she goes against their faith.

I am getting a bit sidetracked. I do think there is potentially a threat to our freedom of speech, but that will only be through our own doing. Noone is forcing us to keep quiet.

I feel that freedom of speech has to be used sensibly. It should not be a law to hide behind, so that you can say anything you please.

The British press does not help the issues - One thing for sure, I am glad that this is now being talked about in the open - I fear that the BNP will play on this though and gain more support.

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
MOH - you do not know how I have voted , the only person making sweeping generalisations is you old boy, I am just getting the debate going

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Man of Harveys said:
Judging by his posts on this thread, that programme could have depicted a nice, happy Muslim family, all sitting around together watching and enjoying a Spielberg box set and he'd still have been entertaining the idea of setting up a burning cross in their front garden and poohing through their letterbox. Not cool.

I think they would like

Hook
Jurassic Park
Jaws

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Uncle Spielberg said:
MOH - you do not know how I have voted , the only person making sweeping generalisations is you old boy, I am just getting the debate going

Uncle Spielberg said:
the odd looking gentleman with a beard in the audience and did not want to be shot ...
Uncle Spielberg said:
they all look the same
Uncle Spielberg said:
when the camera's are off you never insult the West and the Infidels do you

Grow the f*** up.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Uncle Spielberg said:
I'll put you down as a not sure then :lolol:

I have nothing against Muslins,but what gets on my tits is we in this country are a bunch of f***ing liberal pussys.A muslim lessie 1 arm hooked preaching hate would get thousands in legal aids and of the state.Put poor old joe public works there bollocks off for f*** all:censored:

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Barrel of Fun said:
I meant relatively, although that is speculation.

I know you did, I was just being mischievous. ;)

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
Maybe they should realise where they are...this is not a muslim country (thank f***). If they dont like our freedom of speech then fuckoff and live in a muslim country.

It also makes me laugh to see muslim women especially that uppity little school girl venting their displeasure at our ways and yet if they were to have their way and turn Britain into a muslim country then women would not even be allowed to have thier say.

Enough is enough, go and live elsewhere if you dont like it..... but you just know they won't, unfortunately!!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
1 and 2 were jokes, 3 I stand by 100%

Did you watch The Life of Brian and laugh at the cruxifiction scene at the end ???

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Big G said:
Maybe they should realise where they are...this is not a muslim country (thank f***). If they dont like our freedom of speech then fuckoff and live in a muslim country.

It also makes me laugh to see muslim women especially that uppity little school girl venting their displeasure at our ways and yet if they were to have their way and turn Britain into a muslim country then women would not even be allowed to have thier say.

Enough is enough, go and live elsewhere if you dont like it..... but you just know they won't, unfortunately!!

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle Spielberg said:
1 and 2 were jokes, 3 I stand by 100%

Did you watch The Life of Brian and laugh at the cruxifiction scene at the end ???

I like Python but founf that scene abhorent, I am not particularly religious but think Gibson probably got it nearer the mark with his scenes in The Passion than Python did in Life of Brian, if I was a devout Christian I would have been so wound up I would have done something silly however as far as I am aware the Python boys are all still alive, you see, there was a debate and I am glad the Python boys had the free rights to show that scene. If anything similar depicting and Islamic occurance had been shown the same all 5 of the Pythons would have been dead within a week.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Big G said:

Have to admit that's just what I feel. Why did these people come here in the first place ? Because they have a better standard of living that's why.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Man of Harveys said:
Grow the f*** up.
Those were JOKES! Get it!

It seems NSC is hitting new heights of comedy today, what with Uncle Spielberg's one man bonanza of laughs and the one about Kuipers being on steroids. Such talent is wasted on the plebs on this board. :angry:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
For fecks sake lighten up you miserable old git :rolleyes: ;)

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Silent Bob said:

It seems NSC is hitting new heights of comedy today, what with Uncle Spielberg's one man bonanza of laughs and the one about Kuipers being on steroids. Such talent is wasted on the plebs on this board. :angry:

You are not allowed to make jokes with the word 'muslim' in. FACT.

bhaexpress said:
Have to admit that's just what I feel. Why did these people come here in the first place ? Because they have a better standard of living that's why.

My thoughts exactly.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Silent Bob said:

I've laughed more at this hilarious thread than I did watching the Naked Gun last night. In fact, I've just shat myself, please excuse me...

Big G

Dec 14, 2005
Brighton
bhaexpress said:
Because they have a better standard of living that's why. [/B]

Hit the nail on the head there mate!

I find it hard to swallow that they have a better life here and yet they jump up and down about how bad it is to be a muslim in this country. Well maybe they should have a good hard look at themselves and why they wont intergrate and start showing British people of all other religions some respect.
Banners stating "Death to non muslims" during their nonsense teddy in corner demo's because a nasty man in Denmark or somewhere made a nasty picture really speaks volumes.

The whole thing stinks of double standards!

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
vulture said:
A muslim lessie 1 arm hooked preaching hate would get thousands in legal aids and of the state.Put poor old joe public works there bollocks off for f*** all:censored:

If that were true you may have just cause for concern. It isn't though. I worked for over a decade in Social Security and know a little bit about Legal Aid too. I used to hear this sort of argument daily on the phone and at the counter but it has absolutely no basis in fact.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here