Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time now for the McGhee out brigade to hold their hands up

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Uncle Spielberg said:
spot on byf, if McGhee had had anything like the loyalty he demand we give Wilkins in the face of shocking results we would not be in the mess we are now in, double standards methinks

:clap:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
injuries - same tired excuses

signings - he has made poor signings for signings sake to try and give an illusion something is being done

team motivation - non existant

tactics - bereft

subs - bizarre

He is taking us down

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
byf said:
You cant oust a manager for poor results and when the new guy has us playing awful rubbish you applaud him and say give him until we get relegated!

I'm not giving him until we get relegated at all. If he takes us down then he's failed. I'm saying you can't POSSIBLY say that McGhee would be doing any better. Can you?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Spielberg said:
injuries - same tired excuses

signings - he has made poor signings for signings sake to try and give an illusion something is being done

team motivation - non existant

tactics - bereft

subs - bizarre

He is taking us down

The same could be applied to Maghee last season US.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
I'm not giving him until we get relegated at all. If he takes us down then he's failed. I'm saying you can't POSSIBLY say that McGhee would be doing any better. Can you?

IMHO yes i believe he would!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

With the support of the fans rather than the abuse he got I am convinced he would have done better, but it's all a bit hypothetical. DK made his bed and I reckon that he should lie in it and give DW until the end of the season.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

McGhee by now would have got us 50 points at least
Wilkins has got us 36 points

that is my opinion, McGhee has got every club promoted in this division he has worked for and did in his first season with us but still you say he wouldn't have done better than Wilkins that just does not make sense

Which is the most damaging to the club

criticising a manager who is quite likely to take us down to the 4th division and gates of 3500-4000 and massive damage to Falmer rationale or

supporting someone through blind dogmatic loyalty who is likely to do the above

I would say option 2

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:

that is my opinion, McGhee has got every club promoted in this division he has worked for and did in his first season with us but still you say he wouldn't have done better than Wilkins that just does not make sense

Which is the most damaging to the club

criticising a manager who is quite likely to take us down to the 4th division and gates of 3500-4000 and massive damage to Falmer rationale or

supporting someone through blind dogmatic loyalty who is likely to do the above

I would say option 2

GWUBBER you GOON. What division we are in DOES NOT MATTER and will NOT effect the stadium.

Stop stating opinion as FACT. You don't know that McGhee would have got us 50 points at all. Stop sucking his COCK.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
If the RIGHT decision was to sack McGhee then it should have been done at the end of last season and a whole new management team should have been given this 'massive' playing budget and the whole of the summer to prepare for this campaign.
By sacking McGhee and Booker a few games into the season was a big mistake and a bigger mistake was appointing the dregs of McGhees management team to the role of first team manager and coach when it is obvious they had neither the experience or ability for the job.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
GWUBBER you GOON. What division we are in DOES NOT MATTER and will NOT effect the stadium.

Stop stating opinion as FACT. You don't know that McGhee would have got us 50 points at all. Stop sucking his COCK.
:clap: It's f***ing embarrassing - McGhee was a busted flush.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Ernest said:
If the RIGHT decision was to sack McGhee then it should have been done at the end of last season and a whole new management team should have been given this 'massive' playing budget and the whole of the summer to prepare for this campaign.
By sacking McGhee and Booker a few games into the season was a big mistake and a bigger mistake was appointing the dregs of McGhees management team to the role of first team manager and coach when it is obvious they had neither the experience or ability for the job.

Now that is a good post!

:clap:

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
Ernest said:
Agreed with the first part. McGhee should have either been given longer, or booted out after the Stoke embarrassment (my preference). The way we did it we got the worst of both worlds.

Last edited:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Ernest said:

Ernest in posting sensibly shock.

Whilst I can see the logic of giving Mcghee a second chance, it was a gamble that could only end in failure. With just a year left on his contract it was never gonna be renewed and he was a lame duck.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Oh the naivety of youth

Yoda

English & European
Silent Bob[/i] [b]We'd have been worse off if McGhee had stayed.[/b] [/quote] [quote] [i]Originally posted by le ros bif said:
Evidence for that statement?

In the same place as people saying we'd be better off with McGhee, in peoples heads.

McGhee hasn't got himself another job for us to even come close to compairing.
There is no proof we'd be better off. Iit's all if's and but's, and if we worried about them ALL the time we'd never get out of bed in the morning.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Uncle Spielberg said:

Oh the naivety of youth

Okay GAZ. Why, at this stage of the application, does our standing in the league matter when Ruth Kelly makes her decision?

Yoda

English & European
Uncle Spielberg said:
your the reason the club is going down the shitter

No! It’s people constantly bringing up the past and moaning about it instead of backing what we have that has an effect on the team. They are young, so slagging them off & their manager ISN’T going to help their confidence is it?

Get out of the f***ing past and act your age. Go back ten years, we got out of the relegation zone because we ALL rallied together, players, staff and fans, picked this club up and dragged our backsides out of the mess we were in. That is what is needed now. :angry: :angry: :angry:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Uncle Spielberg said:

Yes in your opinion.

Someone elses opinion may be that under Mcghee we could be rooted to the bottom.

You just dont know.

As Liam Brady said "If my grandma had balls he would be my grandma"

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
right , let me put the record straight for once and for all.

I have nothing against Dean Wilkins, he is a nice guy but nice guys in the world finish last, sad but true, in all industries the winners and the people at the top are usually utter bastards who use and tread on people without a second thought.

Wood, Hinshelwood, Wilkins - all nice guys but we need a bastard someone to knock a few heads together, a McGhee or someone else who will not make excuses for piss poor performances and shocking results.

Dean, I hope can keep us up, if he does DK needs to change the management team and get some exerience in to work above or alongisde Wilkins, White can go back to Hastings, he is nowehere as good as Booker was.

People seem to want Wilkins because he has been at the Albion for 15 years odd and no other reason, Dean must in his heart of heart know he is failing and failing badly at his task. It is not want of trying or desire but something is not there which he will ever have, the ruthlessness and being a bastard when needed which just isn't him.

Nice guys are not winners I am afraid.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here