Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time now for the McGhee out brigade to hold their hands up

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Uncle Spielberg said:

Dean, I hope can keep us up, if he does DK needs to change the management team and get some exerience in to work above or alongisde Wilkins, White can go back to Hastings, he is nowehere as good as Booker was.

is that the Bob Booker of 5 years ago or the Booker of last season? I think they could have been two totally different people in terms of their end product.

TonyW

Feb 11, 2004
Yeah, I'll hold my hands up, and jump up and down shout if you like.

Mark McGhee is uselsess. No, no he's not, he's worse, he's dangerous. He destroys teams with his mis-managemnet of people.

He has alienated several good players from this club with his inability to get on with people, and manage them.

He is the root of our current problems, and it is taking Wilkins time to fix the mess he has inherited.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Seagullible said:
wise words Yoda. I love all this stuff about how we were great at the start of the season as I don't really remember it being that way hence so many people constatntly moaning and giving abuse to McGhoo. BYF and US obviously go to the same golf club as Naylor

EXACTLY.

Beat Rotherham away (they're bottom), Gillingham at home (had an awful start) and drew at home to Brentford (not the best side in the league) then lost at Forest, at home to Crewe and away at Bristol City each time looking very poor. When Wilkins took over he had his purple patch and we were doing alright. We've had a terrible run of late but may well turn that round and finish comfortbaly mid table if these signings can perform. We don't know yet. If we go down then I'll put my hands up again but NOBODY knows what would have happened if McGhee had stayed. I'm not saying we'd be doing worse, we MIGHT be doing better. I just think it's best that he was sacked as he wasn't moving this club anywhere nbut backwards.

Diatribe

Feb 3, 2007
Uncle Spielberg said:
I have nothing against Dean Wilkins, he is a nice guy but nice guys in the world finish last, sad but true, in all industries the winners and the people at the top are usually utter bastards who use and tread on people without a second thought.

Wood, Hinshelwood, Wilkins - all nice guys but we need a bastard someone to knock a few heads together, a McGhee or someone else who will not make excuses for piss poor performances and shocking results.
I think that is complete crap personally - McGhee made far more excuses than Wilkins ever has. IMO Wilkins is extremely fair and honest in his comments - when we've been poor he will say so. And if you think he can't crack heads you don't know enough about him.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Diatribe said:
I think that is complete crap personally - McGhee made far more excuses than Wilkins ever has. IMO Wilkins is extremely fair and honest in his comments - when we've been poor he will say so. And if you think he can't crack heads you don't know enough about him.

The day wilkins telle me that a game I've paid over £20 to see is an irrelevance then US may have a point. Until that time, I will give Wilkins more credit than I could ever muster now for MM.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
ROSM said:
The day wilkins telle me that a game I've paid over £20 to see is an irrelevance then US may have a point. Until that time, I will give Wilkins more credit than I could ever muster now for MM.

I thought that was a ruse to salvage any confidence left in the young team. Relegation had already hit them hard and that was very clear. Perhaps, I am too forgiving!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Uncle Spielberg said:
The time has no come for the McGhee out brigade to put their hands up and admit they made and contributed to one of the biggest, worst and incredible cock ups and mistakes in the history of this football club. I do not have pleasure in saying " told you so " as the future of the club is too important for petting point scoring.

Surely NO ONE can still say we are better off with Wilkins in charge than if we kept loyal to McGhee when I believe we would have got top the play offs.

We have shot ourselves in the foot and commited football suicide. Have we not leanred that appointing managers from within and the youth set up DOES NOT WORK.

We had the perfect set up with McGhee and his wealth of Div 1 experience and superb track record of promotions from this league and Wilkins learning the tools of the trade from him. It was simply too soon for Wilkins to take on the role, he does not have the experience, contacts , football nous and most importantly respect of the players to deliver the goods. He delivered the most damning indictment of his postion today by saying we worked on it all week and the players did not listen / do the things I asked them to. Well why not ?, your the manager, you pick the players, you do the team talk, you make the subs. He is obviously a soft touch and the players do not play for him, that much is obvious now.

Whats to be done, Knight was the man who decided to sack McGhee for no good reason and appoint Wilkins probably instigated from the boardroom . Well either give serious funds to buy 1/2 players who will keep the team up if you have the confidence in Wilkins to spend the money wisely, like we should have done last season or 2, sack Wilkins now and give the new man enough time to keep the team up.

Sitting on his hands and doing nothing and spending nothing is simply not an option this time around. Division 4 football which is where we are surely headed would be a disaster to the Falmer bid and another reason for a party for LDC, 2 relegations in a row beyond their wildest dreams.

The time for ACTION IS NOW AND THIS WEEK.

:lolol:

And to think people have actually taken that post seriously. Come on everyone, think about it, if US was clinically insane enough to believe that post, the doctors wouldn't let have let him near anything electrical, certainly not a computer.

Very good wind-up US, but it just went a bit too far to be true. :D

Last edited:

Yoda

English & European
Barrel of Fun said:
I thought that was a ruse to salvage any confidence left in the young team. Relegation had already hit them hard and that was very clear. Perhaps, I am too forgiving!

How about the 2nd Jan 2006 when we lost at Southampton? He used that excuse after that match too. ???

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I'm still backing Wilkins to turn things around for the Albion, At least unlike previous internal appointments Wilkins has proved he can get the lads playing dacent football and can get decent results. Scunthorpe, Huddersfield, Bradford, Swansea, Even the 8 goals past Northwich that should never be forgotten.

Lets not forget there's not a manager in the entire football set up who knows the ability of the younger members of our squad better than Wilkins, He's worked with them for years! Despite fans thinking Wilkins is a soft touch he proved last season with the youth set up that he's a winner who does'nt like the taste of defeat.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
British Bulldog said:
I'm still backing Wilkins to turn things around for the Albion, At least unlike previous internal appointments Wilkins has proved he can get the lads playing dacent football and can get decent results. Scunthorpe, Huddersfield, Bradford, Swansea, Even the 8 goals past Northwich that should never be forgotten.

Lets not forget there's not a manager in the entire football set up who knows the ability of the younger members of our squad better than Wilkins, He's worked with them for years! Despite fans thinking Wilkins is a soft touch he proved last season with the youth set up that he's a winner who does'nt like the taste of defeat.

Youve listed some good performances....he's been in charge for 30+ games...!

The younger members of the squad are the big problem...there not good enough...Cox,Lynch and El abd...thats it. Too much rubbish in the squad and the new signings like savage are an insult.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Yoda said:
How about the 2nd Jan 2006 when we lost at Southampton? He used that excuse after that match too. ???

Fair enough. I had forgotten about that. Perhaps he wanted to take the pressure off the team a bit... :D

I can't believe I have got roped back into talking about McGhee :thud:

I agree with your signature and Wendy deserves our support.

Last edited:

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
byf said:
Youve listed some good performances....he's been in charge for 30+ games...!

The younger members of the squad are the big problem...there not good enough...Cox,Lynch and El abd...thats it. Too much rubbish in the squad and the new signings like savage are an insult.

It's a bit like McGhee lovers hand picking games like the play off final to highlight how good he was then! They also like to shout about how he kept us in the Champoinship a couple of seasons ago and what an achievement it was! Bollox was it, it was called luck! We should of been safe long before that except we went on a bad run of something like 6 or 7 straight defeats at a crucial time that dropped us right back in it.

Dont you think it's a bit early to be writing off Savage when he's only played 1 1/2 games in a team lacking in confidence? Give the fella a chance.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
British Bulldog said:
Dont you think it's a bit early to be writing off Savage when he's only played 1 1/2 games in a team lacking in confidence? Give the fella a chance.

What on earth are you talking about BB!? :jester:

Ignoring the fact that we looked more menacing when he came on against Brentford and actually created more chances. Coupled with the fact that his home debut was relatively good and managed to unsettle the defence.

Last edited:

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Savage is fcuking useless..lets not kid ourselves!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
byf said:
Savage is fcuking useless..lets not kid ourselves!

nothing like supporting a new player is there

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here