Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time now for the McGhee out brigade to hold their hands up

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Les Biehn said:
Glover in 'over-the-top' shocker:ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Do you think I over egged the cake a bit Les ???

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Uncle Buck said:
Garth why do you bother to type these endless threads going on about how great McGhee is?

Would it not be easier to bounce one of the old ones you have are copy the main points out of them and bastarise them with a few swipes at Knight?

Oh hang on....

Piers, this is the first time I have criticised DK on a thread in 5 years , I am and will continue to be a staunch supporter of his

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Beach Hut said:
Not really what do you care if you cannot be bothered to go and watch the club when it is eaily accessible to you.

times by 40000

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Uncle Spielberg said:
Do you think I over egged the cake a bit Les ???

I would say that while I agree with certain of your points on a fair few things US you do have a tendancy to over sensationalise your points.

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
I'm glad McGhee lost the dressing room.It meant that the lazy fucks didn't like his work demands.Now they get it easy and look where we are.

It seems simple to me.Get the go-ahead from Ruth Kelly,bring back unemployed Micky Adams (or beg to MM),send Wilkins back to the kids,sign Danny Cullip and Tom Brighton and start to build up the hype and momentum that will propel the Albion to their rightful place:Mid-table Premiership.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Uncle Spielberg said:
times by 40000

You can't have it both ways as you have gone on at length about how you should be treated as a STH - just giving you a view of life without a season ticket and your opinion, no-one will care :lolol:

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
correct Brixtaan I felt uneasy when right after McGhee got sacked all the youthers and fringe first teamers said " give it to Wilkins " he's a nice guy

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Brixtaan said:
I'm glad McGhee lost the dressing room.It meant that the lazy fucks didn't like his work demands.Now they get it easy and look where we are.

It seems simple to me.Get the go-ahead from Ruth Kelly,bring back unemployed Micky Adams (or beg to MM),send Wilkins back to the kids,sign Danny Cullip and Tom Brighton and start to build up the hype and momentum that will propel the Albion to their rightful place:Mid-table Premiership.

You need to get off the glue.

empire

Dec 1, 2003
dreamland
Uncle Spielberg said:
The time has no come for the McGhee out brigade to put their hands up and admit they made and contributed to one of the biggest, worst and incredible cock ups and mistakes in the history of this football club. I do not have pleasure in saying " told you so " as the future of the club is too important for petting point scoring.

Surely NO ONE can still say we are better off with Wilkins in charge than if we kept loyal to McGhee when I believe we would have got top the play offs.

We have shot ourselves in the foot and commited football suicide. Have we not leanred that appointing managers from within and the youth set up DOES NOT WORK.

We had the perfect set up with McGhee and his wealth of Div 1 experience and superb track record of promotions from this league and Wilkins learning the tools of the trade from him. It was simply too soon for Wilkins to take on the role, he does not have the experience, contacts , football nous and most importantly respect of the players to deliver the goods. He delivered the most damning indictment of his postion today by saying we worked on it all week and the players did not listen / do the things I asked them to. Well why not ?, your the manager, you pick the players, you do the team talk, you make the subs. He is obviously a soft touch and the players do not play for him, that much is obvious now.

Whats to be done, Knight was the man who decided to sack McGhee for no good reason and appoint Wilkins probably instigated from the boardroom . Well either give serious funds to buy 1/2 players who will keep the team up if you have the confidence in Wilkins to spend the money wisely, like we should have done last season or 2, sack Wilkins now and give the new man enough time to keep the team up.

Sitting on his hands and doing nothing and spending nothing is simply not an option this time around. Division 4 football which is where we are surely headed would be a disaster to the Falmer bid and another reason for a party for LDC, 2 relegations in a row beyond their wildest dreams.

The time for ACTION IS NOW AND THIS WEEK.
:bowdown: :bowdown: agree with most,not sure on sacking dean mind,make things worse

Turkey

Jul 4, 2003
I didn't want McGhee too go and I think we would be doing better under McGhee BUT I like Wilkins and I think he's building his own side. It's going to take but I think he's showing signs of being a very good young manager. Hopefully he'll keep us up this season and we'll really be able to judge him come May 2008.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Uncle Spielberg said:
The time has no come for the McGhee out brigade to put their hands up and admit they made and contributed to one of the biggest, worst and incredible cock ups and mistakes in the history of this football club. I do not have pleasure in saying " told you so " as the future of the club is too important for petting point scoring.

Surely NO ONE can still say we are better off with Wilkins in charge than if we kept loyal to McGhee when I believe we would have got top the play offs.

We have shot ourselves in the foot and commited football suicide. Have we not leanred that appointing managers from within and the youth set up DOES NOT WORK.

We had the perfect set up with McGhee and his wealth of Div 1 experience and superb track record of promotions from this league and Wilkins learning the tools of the trade from him. It was simply too soon for Wilkins to take on the role, he does not have the experience, contacts , football nous and most importantly respect of the players to deliver the goods. He delivered the most damning indictment of his postion today by saying we worked on it all week and the players did not listen / do the things I asked them to. Well why not ?, your the manager, you pick the players, you do the team talk, you make the subs. He is obviously a soft touch and the players do not play for him, that much is obvious now.

Whats to be done, Knight was the man who decided to sack McGhee for no good reason and appoint Wilkins probably instigated from the boardroom . Well either give serious funds to buy 1/2 players who will keep the team up if you have the confidence in Wilkins to spend the money wisely, like we should have done last season or 2, sack Wilkins now and give the new man enough time to keep the team up.

Sitting on his hands and doing nothing and spending nothing is simply not an option this time around. Division 4 football which is where we are surely headed would be a disaster to the Falmer bid and another reason for a party for LDC, 2 relegations in a row beyond their wildest dreams.

The time for ACTION IS NOW AND THIS WEEK.

I agree with this post....Spot on...

I wouldnt bother trying to convince any of the sheep on here...My poll last week confirmed that..when half the people said they would be qstil happy with wilkins if we went down!!!!

Big mistake losing mcghee and week after week it shows!

We started the season really well,performance and results and then drifted for a coupe of games and thats worth sacking him for is it?

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Re: Re: Time now for the McGhee out brigade to hold their hands up

Bevendean Hillbilly said:
Oh yes you do.

Oh no he....wait a minute, yes he does.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
What you really have to ask yourself is would we be any better off with a new manager, i'm afraid to say the answer is something that nobody can say for sure, we were piss poor yet agian on Saturday, very little fight, very little ambition and ZERO direction because there is no leader on the pitch, one thing I am certain is that the results may have been a bit different under McGhee, but unless he had persuaded a PROVEN goalscorer to join us (which he failed miserably to do in his time here) we would be in more or less the same predicament.

I've heard there is TOTAL backing for Wilkins from all board members, but rumblings that if we are drawn into a relegation battle we must splash the cash to get a proven goalscorer in on loan, maybe at last there is a realisation that relegation will KILL the Falmer process off for good even if we get a yes, as we simply will not be viable to any financial institution to get behind a club with dwindling support/interest who are looking to build a 23,000 capacity white elephant at a time when the bottom has just dropped out of League 1/2 football.

As ever the ball is firmly in Mr Knights court.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Rougvie said:
I've heard there is TOTAL backing for Wilkins from all board members, but rumblings that if we are drawn into a relegation battle we must splash the cash to get a proven goalscorer in on loan,

IF we get drawn into a relegation battle? Thought we were slap bang in the middle of one of those? ???

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I wanted him out and am still glad he was sacked.

I also agree with this what Rouggers just said.

Rougvie said:
What you really have to ask yourself is would we be any better off with a new manager, i'm afraid to say the answer is something that nobody can say for sure, we were piss poor yet agian on Saturday, very little fight, very little ambition and ZERO direction because there is no leader on the pitch, one thing I am certain is that the results may have been a bit different under McGhee, but unless he had persuaded a PROVEN goalscorer to join us (which he failed miserably to do in his time here) we would be in more or less the same predicament.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here