• Yes

Votes: 80 36.4%
  • no

Votes: 140 63.6%

• Total voters

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
What a laughably crap post from you cjd (not the first).

What is clear from the article (particularly the highlighted section) is that Dick Knight, CHAIRMAN (I.e. head of the company) was willing to help out his rookie manager wherever possible. Particularly when he was being thrown in at the deep end with no experience in management. He is specifically talking about a meeting with the new manager, but that does not detract from the board meetings speaking with Dean Wilkins.

Dick Knight should not be devoid of criticism and I cringe when the only rebuttal offered from various supporters is that he saved the club, but your obsession with ripping the man to shreds at any given chance is pathetic. I know. I know. You buy seven season tickets or something, so your opinion is correct.

I,m so sorry you don't agree...........but hey ho, we all have different opinions and viewpoints.

Pleased to see you have turned your attentions to my posts now..........so much healthier than your stalking of Bhadebs posts and your resulting tantrums that followed them.

PS; For the millionth time.......you really should stop exaggerating............!

Last edited:

bhadebenhams

Mar 14, 2009
I,m so sorry you don't agree...........but hey ho, we all have different opinions and viewpoints.

Pleased to see you have turned your attentions to my posts now..........so much healthier than your stalking of Bhadebs posts and your resulting tantrums that followed them.

PS; For the millionth time.......you really should stop exaggerating............!

Absolutely, Dick Tight (LIAR) must go because he has kept his boyzone club of management such as White and Brooker, who have been leeching off the club for years, just because someone has been at the club for a long time doesn't make them any GOOD DICK. and has cost the club a fortune. People who have been around a long time in one place are nearly always useless and unambitious

and he sacked possibly the greatest manager we have ever had in the shape of SUPER Dean Wilkins who gave the club over TWENTY years service :rant:

D

Deleted member 2719

Having an unbiased show rules you out straight away.

Why is that then i just want to to hear some STRAIGHT answers to see if will can reunite the club and coming from BBC Sussex it surely cannot be any fairer.

TLO at the end of the day you are too close to the situation (or as you always claim to be) so we need fans who have no contact with the inside and that way we can get a balanced view.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Why is that then i just want to to hear some STRAIGHT answers to see if will can reunite the club and coming from BBC Sussex it surely cannot be any fairer.

TLO at the end of the day you are too close to the situation (or as you always claim to be) so we need fans who have no contact with the inside and that way we can get a balanced view.

I agree that we need straight answers, except where doing so could create more problems than they resolve.

Having said that - straight answers as you want to hear it? We've already been told Dick is not going to go public on the sacking of Wilkins, for instance. We can all scream and grizzle as much as we want, no amount of doing so appears to want to change the Chairman's or Wilkins' mind on that.

You could go on the radio and ask him 'why did you sack Wilkins?' £10 to REMF says that he says something along the lines of 'I'm not going to tell you...' or words to that effect. That's not me being biased, it's me pretty much educationally guessing what he's going to say on the back of the fact he's been saying it for the past 12 months. If anyone really wants to know, why don't they ask Dean Wilkins instead?

To me, my comment about your unbiasedness (is that a word...?) lies in that consideration that you appear to have already decided who the culprit(s) is/are and where the blame lies. That to me precludes unbiased debate with the Chairman. It also implies you know what has happened, which would put you closer to the situation than anyone else.

I am in no way close to this situation - no closer or further than you - nor have I ever claimed to be, which, as I said on another thread is something I am pretty tired of having to repeat. Anything I do know is because I actually asked to find out - something you too can do.

D

Deleted member 2719

I agree that we need straight answers, except where doing so could create more problems than they resolve.

Having said that - straight answers as you want to hear it? We've already been told Dick is not going to go public on the sacking of Wilkins, for instance. We can all scream and grizzle as much as we want, no amount of doing so appears to want to change the Chairman's or Wilkins' mind on that.

You could go on the radio and ask him 'why did you sack Wilkins?' £10 to REMF says that he says something along the lines of 'I'm not going to tell you...' or words to that effect. That's not me being biased, it's me pretty much educationally guessing what he's going to say on the back of the fact he's been saying it for the past 12 months. If anyone really wants to know, why don't they ask Dean Wilkins instead?

To me, my comment about your unbiasedness (is that a word...?) lies in that consideration that you appear to have already decided who the culprit(s) is/are and where the blame lies. That to me precludes unbiased debate with the Chairman. It also implies you know what has happened, which would put you closer to the situation than anyone else.

I am in no way close to this situation - no closer or further than you - nor have I ever claimed to be, which, as I said on another thread is something I am pretty tired of having to repeat. Anything I do know is because I actually asked to find out - something you too can do.

Straight questions straight answers what could be more simply i have a long list of questions i would like to put to him Yes that is why sacking Wilkins is amongst them, but i certainly would not be giving someone those questions up front as Albion fans would want off the cuff straight honest answers ,not contrived ones.

I am not a Wilkins relative or friend i just want our club run in the best possible way with the right person at the helm who the majority of fans respect.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Straight questions straight answers what could be more simply i have a long list of questions i would like to put to him Yes that is why sacking Wilkins is amongst them, but i certainly would not be giving someone those questions up front as Albion fans would want off the cuff straight honest answers ,not contrived ones.

Are you implying that Albion Roar had given Dick a list of questions prior to the show? Or had given him any inkling as to what was going to be asked? If so, that is simply not the case.

Having said that, I don't doubt he would have had an idea as to what was going to be asked.

I am not a Wilkins relative or friend i just want our club run in the best possible way with the right person at the helm who the majority of fans respect.

Amen to that.

D

Deleted member 2719

Are you implying that Albion Roar had given Dick a list of questions prior to the show? Or had given him any inkling as to what was going to be asked? If so, that is simply not the case.

Having said that, I don't doubt he would have had an idea as to what was going to be asked.

Amen to that.

What i am saying is it would be in the best interest if no one knew the questions so as you could safely say that Dick had not been primed and us fans would be able to judge Dick on his answers to see if he can redeem himself to the growing number of fans who have lost faith in him.

I noticed in another thread you asked Vulture for a list of questions although i understand it may be professional radio etiquette but if people even have half a doubt he has had a sniff of them it will hardly be a level playing field will it.

Like i said all i want is unity at the club but we stand no chance of it unless we can trust our chairman and if he doesn't communicate with the fans mutually how will that happen - it certainly not going to go away he can't keep away from the fans until Falmer.

Unfortunately for you (nothing personal) we need a neutral host as i think most fans know you tend to lean towards what ever the club do is right, that is why i say BBC Sussex.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Unfortunately for you (nothing personal) we need a neutral host as i think most fans know you tend to lean towards what ever the club do is right, that is why i say BBC Sussex.

1: In relation to the Dean Wilkins issue, if both parties have signed a confidentiality contract, then you are asking DK to break the law and possibly be sued, just to satisfy your curiosity. bhadebs says she knows the truth, so why not PM her and she will tell you?

2: In relation to Radio Sussex, Harty is sometimes employed by the club, so perhaps he too would be biased, especially as the club were supportive of him over the Lickergate debacle.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
What i am saying is it would be in the best interest if no one knew the questions so as you could safely say that Dick had not been primed and us fans would be able to judge Dick on his answers to see if he can redeem himself to the growing number of fans who have lost faith in him.

I noticed in another thread you asked Vulture for a list of questions although i understand it may be professional radio etiquette but if people even have half a doubt he has had a sniff of them it will hardly be a level playing field will it.

Like i said all i want is unity at the club but we stand no chance of it unless we can trust our chairman and if he doesn't communicate with the fans mutually how will that happen - it certainly not going to go away he can't keep away from the fans until Falmer..

Once again I am telling you Dick did not have any idea as to what the questions were going to be. Dick was NOT primed. How so? I wasn't sure what I was going to ask him myself. All those questions I asked were things I had wanted to know for a while, and asked them at times when I thought were appropriate, even changing the direction of the programme in order to bring it back to a question Dick would probably not have wanted to answer.

I have now had to repeat that I did not show him the questions. Your judgement on this is misplaced. If you don't believe me, then this conversation is over.

I asked Vulture for his list of questions because I need to know that he not going to make a fool of himself or - more pertinently - the show. It's a matter of trust, and my only knowledge of him is from what I read on here, and his demeanour is not especially encouraging. Personally, I would rather have you on the show as you often come across as far more reasonable. As I said before, I would NOT show those questions to Dick first.

Then 'most fans' are completely wrong.

I AM neutral, and I would venture, far more so than yourself insofar as I do not make pre-judgements on the way the club is being run without endeavouring to find things out first. I would say that you (and, presuming you think you speak for 'most fans' ) have got your understanding of how I think the club operates completely wrong. Just because I can speak to Dick does NOT make me some kind of lapdog. You can speak (or correspond) with Dick as much as anyone else, should you wish to.

It actually pisses me off that I feel I need to justify this at all, for it is all complete bollocks. I have not put enough of that sort on thing (i.e. I believe everything the club says) on here for anyone to make that sort of informed judgement. And especially from those people who have not met me.

Those who do know me would know how pissed off I get with the club on a range of issues.

If you think Dick should be on BBC Sussex, I wouldn't disagree, but NOT on the back of what you said there.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

I think its time certain people gave TLO a break on this one. Just because he gives the impression that he knows the answer to f***ing everything it doesn`t mean he really does.

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
Now I am depressed,Falmer is a long way off now that the college link up with the stadium is no more.
Knight here for more than the next few weeks,now thats a blow,nothing to look forward too next season,O`dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
i think most fans know you

But that is just your opinion which naturally is going to self justify your viewpoint. You have NO evidence to support it, and before you shout off that I equally have no evidence to disprove it, the way that all claims/theses work is that it that the burden of proof lies with the accuser/author.

For example, I could claim that the planet Neptune is inhabited by giraffes, but it would be up to ME to prove it.

By coming up with random statements the way you do, you actually weaken the nature of your arguments.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
the lickers usual response when they have lost the argument

Lost the arguement??? How exactly

You failed to respond to my questions or reply to the proof I gave that you requested, so how is that losing the arguement?

Is your arguement just to call people names when they disagree with you or do you actually have an opinion which you could actually explain rather than resort in insults?

You seem completely unable to debate, you make claims but fail to back up your arguement, you fail to answer the questions put to you in reply - how is that winning an arguement?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
These threads are so boring how many times do we debate this!??

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz....

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Lost the arguement??? How exactly

You failed to respond to my questions or reply to the proof I gave that you requested, so how is that losing the arguement?

Is your arguement just to call people names when they disagree with you or do you actually have an opinion which you could actually explain rather than resort in insults?

You seem completely unable to debate, you make claims but fail to back up your arguement, you fail to answer the questions put to you in reply - how is that winning an arguement?

you want to use a spell checker

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here