Time for Knight to quit

• Yes

Votes: 80 36.4%
  • no

Votes: 140 63.6%

• Total voters

D

Deleted member 2719

Why don't you email him, or ask for a meeting that be recorded and put out on Albion Roar?

I would be up for that but on BBC Sussex instead as we need a unbiased show.

Anyone else willing to join me and put some DIRECT questions to Dick Knight?

les dynam

Oct 10, 2008
Hove
This is just nonsense, he's always around and how do you know who makes what decisions? A straight answer would be appreciated.

he spends a lot of time in spain. straight answer? do you mean how do i know he makes the decisions... i've been involved with various commercial projects working with the albion over the years so have got some insight into the workings of the club. i may be wrong of course. perhaps his management style is more soft touch, but my impression was of somebody very didactic.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
the major problem is that knight insists on making every decision no matter how minor but as he's never around, nothing ever actually gets done. now that might have changed recently with tony bloom now more involved but that's how it used to be.

thanks for the memories knight but its time to say goodbye.

For fucks sake !!!! There really are some dimwits coming out the woodwork on this thread. Here, I'll repeat s...l...o...w...l...y and LOUD for those who are a bit stupid ....

The BOARD make the decisions NOT DK.

DK enacts those decisions and if necessary has the casting vote. That's how a limited compnay board works.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007

PROVE OTHERWISE

The chairman is just the mouthpiece of the board, the board make the decisions and the chairman usually makes it public, the same as every other football club, and every other business in the world.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
i may be wrong of course. perhaps his management style is more soft touch, but my impression was of somebody very didactic.

di·dac·tic
Pronunciation:
\dī-ˈdak-tik, də-\
Function:
adjective
Etymology:
Greek didaktikos, from didaskein to teach
Date:
1 a: designed or intended to teach b: intended to convey instruction and information as well as pleasure and entertainment <didactic poetry>
2: making moral observations

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
I'm still marvelling at Ian Hart's rewriting of history on Saturday. He now starts saying that the chairman was meddling (or words to that effect). I doubt he has found this out post Adams leaving so why say it now and not before? I bet though that Wilkins does think he meddled and that Ian may well have known this was Wilkins' view for most of this season.

I have been lucky enough to ask two Albion managers about this view that the Chairman interferes with the playing side (Coppell after he left and MM while he was still here). They both laughed it off (well they would wouldn't they) although Coppell did say that 'the chairman is a good footballing man who likes to talk football and does want to know what is happening'. He called it a 'healthy interest'.

I doubt Adams would've come back if the Chairman interfered as much as has been claimed. Or perhaps it was just certain managers he is a control freak to?

bhadeb

Jan 11, 2008
Harty spoke a lot of sense on saturday - at last it has been realised what meddling happens at the club with Dick Knight - ie interfering with the team - signing players that the manager isn't even aware of - Dick Knight IS the cause of all this mess and must go now for the sake of this club - my heart says i want us to stay up but head says we are all but down - my biggest concern about us being in league 2 next season is if we don't get it RIGHT with the RIGHT MANAGER AND CLEAROUT OF COACHING STAFF ( because to be fair we have had NO coaching staff this season with the exception of Paul Crichton) we couldn't be in relegation trouble next season - THE WHOLE BOARD AT THIS FOOTBALL CLUB NEED TO TAKE ACTION AND STOP LETTING KNIGHT RUN THE SHOW PLEASE !!!!!!

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Harty spoke a lot of sense on saturday - at last it has been realised what meddling happens at the club with Dick Knight - ie interfering with the team - signing players that the manager isn't even aware of - Dick Knight IS the cause of all this mess and must go now for the sake of this club - my heart says i want us to stay up but head says we are all but down - my biggest concern about us being in league 2 next season is if we don't get it RIGHT with the RIGHT MANAGER AND CLEAROUT OF COACHING STAFF ( because to be fair we have had NO coaching staff this season with the exception of Paul Crichton) we couldn't be in relegation trouble next season - THE WHOLE BOARD AT THIS FOOTBALL CLUB NEED TO TAKE ACTION AND STOP LETTING KNIGHT RUN THE SHOW PLEASE !!!!!!

Which players did he sign that the manager wasn't aware of?

Also, how did Dean get on with the Dangerous Brothers (the Bloom sons?)

Do you think Knight meddled with other managers?

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
From the Argus Archive...........................
Wilkins aims for brink of Premiership
From the archive, first published Saturday 30th Sep 2006.

New Albion manager Dean Wilkins aims to take the club to the brink of the Premiership within five or six years.

The Seagulls' former skipper revealed to The Argus his hopes for the long-term future of the club after being appointed for the rest of the season, with Dean White as his assistant.

Wilkins, caretaker for the past six games since the sacking of Mark McGhee 23 days ago and in permanent charge for the first time against Chesterfield at Withdean today, said: "I feel extremely proud and humble to be offered the task of taking this club forward during what I think is going to be a transitional period.

"I think everyone now realises this is a period of transition and I would urge our supporters to be patient and look into the situation a little bit deeper.

"At times they are going to need to be sympathetic, particularly towards the younger players and the team in general. We will come out the other side better for it and I've said before the future for the club is really bright.

"I had personal feelings and ambitions as a player for the club and as youth coach and I wanted eventually one day to be manager.

"It's difficult to set targets on a short-term basis but I see the job as a five or possibly six-year plan and at the end of that I expect to be knocking on the door of the Premiership."

Chairman Dick Knight acted yesterday afternoon, with the Board's agreement, to remove the "match by match pressure" and mounting speculation over Wilkins' future following a hat-trick of defeats on the back of an encouarging start of two wins and a draw.

Knight said: "I've given Dean the dreaded chairman's vote of confidence in reverse. After three defeats instead of firing him I'm hiring him! I wanted to take the pressure away from him on a day by day basis.

"I spoke to the Board about it and they agreed. I didn't have a dilemma, as far as I am concerned Dean has got all the makings of a very good manager but he wants to learn the craft of it under no pressure.

"He has impressed everyone with his attention to detail and preparation for games. There are other areas he needs to learn about but I have every confidence he will go on to be a very good manager for this club."

Wilkins will not have to deliver a top six place for Albion in League One this season. Knight said: "He will not be judged on where we finish in the League but on "We are not saying he has got to make the play-offs, otherwise he is out of a job. I am not putting him under that pressure. He is at the start of the learning curve in management."

Knight also revealed he has discussed and rejected with Wilkins the idea of bringing in an elder statesman to guide him in matters such as transfer dealings.

"I talked to Dean about whether he would like to have an experienced mentor, a Dave Bassett, David Pleat, Lennie Lawrence or Jim Smith type figure," Knight said.

"That was one of the thought processes
I went through but decided against. Dean wouldn't feel comfortable with it. If there is any mentoring to do I can do it in terms of transfer activity. I can teach him and we can work together on that."

Archive Home

From the archive
The Argus - Brighton Hove Fringe

That was when i started to wonder just how involved he was getting.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
And exactly what could he teach someone like Wilkins who has been a football man all his adult life ?
As far as I'm aware before Dick Tight weaseled into the Albion he was selling womens underwear so where exactly did he learn so much about football ?

Highbury?

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
From the Argus Archive...........................
Wilkins aims for brink of Premiership
From the archive, first published Saturday 30th Sep 2006.

New Albion manager Dean Wilkins aims to take the club to the brink of the Premiership within five or six years.

The Seagulls' former skipper revealed to The Argus his hopes for the long-term future of the club after being appointed for the rest of the season, with Dean White as his assistant.

Wilkins, caretaker for the past six games since the sacking of Mark McGhee 23 days ago and in permanent charge for the first time against Chesterfield at Withdean today, said: "I feel extremely proud and humble to be offered the task of taking this club forward during what I think is going to be a transitional period.

"I think everyone now realises this is a period of transition and I would urge our supporters to be patient and look into the situation a little bit deeper.

"At times they are going to need to be sympathetic, particularly towards the younger players and the team in general. We will come out the other side better for it and I've said before the future for the club is really bright.

"I had personal feelings and ambitions as a player for the club and as youth coach and I wanted eventually one day to be manager.

"It's difficult to set targets on a short-term basis but I see the job as a five or possibly six-year plan and at the end of that I expect to be knocking on the door of the Premiership."

Chairman Dick Knight acted yesterday afternoon, with the Board's agreement, to remove the "match by match pressure" and mounting speculation over Wilkins' future following a hat-trick of defeats on the back of an encouarging start of two wins and a draw.

Knight said: "I've given Dean the dreaded chairman's vote of confidence in reverse. After three defeats instead of firing him I'm hiring him! I wanted to take the pressure away from him on a day by day basis.

"I spoke to the Board about it and they agreed. I didn't have a dilemma, as far as I am concerned Dean has got all the makings of a very good manager but he wants to learn the craft of it under no pressure.

"He has impressed everyone with his attention to detail and preparation for games. There are other areas he needs to learn about but I have every confidence he will go on to be a very good manager for this club."

Wilkins will not have to deliver a top six place for Albion in League One this season. Knight said: "He will not be judged on where we finish in the League but on "We are not saying he has got to make the play-offs, otherwise he is out of a job. I am not putting him under that pressure. He is at the start of the learning curve in management."

Knight also revealed he has discussed and rejected with Wilkins the idea of bringing in an elder statesman to guide him in matters such as transfer dealings.

"I talked to Dean about whether he would like to have an experienced mentor, a Dave Bassett, David Pleat, Lennie Lawrence or Jim Smith type figure," Knight said.

"That was one of the thought processes
I went through but decided against. Dean wouldn't feel comfortable with it. If there is any mentoring to do I can do it in terms of transfer activity. I can teach him and we can work together on that."

Archive Home

From the archive
The Argus - Brighton Hove Fringe

That was when i started to wonder just how involved he was getting.

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Can we have this post as a "sticky" mods...........?

Then all the people who keep laughably saying, Dick Knight is "only the Chairman.......he just does what the Board tell him"......can f*** OFF...!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Can we have this post as a "sticky" mods...........?

Then all the people who keep laughably saying, Dick Knight is "only the Chairman.......he just does what the Board tell him"......can f*** OFF...!

He was quite likely talking as the collective "I".

Regardless, as yet any twat that is calling for his head ( who appear to be in the minority ) hasn't some up with a decent response as to who should replace DK. Giraffe to his credit came up with an alternative way of running the club ( which I don't necessarily disagree with ) BUT as yet Vulture et al have come up with no coherant arguement.

Quite frankly until somebody does come up with a decent alternative I'll support DK and anybody who calls for his head can go swivel :salute::salute::salute::salute:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here