Time for Knight to quit

• Yes

Votes: 80 36.4%
  • no

Votes: 140 63.6%

• Total voters

SICKASAGULL

Aug 26, 2007
It is possible that Knights replacement will do no better but after over ten years its a chance we must take,why wait until we are a non-league side

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Voted 'No' - don't want to see him go, but he should get a NED role...

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
If we are able to find an acceptable new chairman from the board of directors or an investor with substantial funds who meets the requirement of the FA Rules on directors, then he should stand aside.

However, as he saved the club from the depths pre-Hereford, he should be made Life President of the Club.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
get rid of him, senile old fool

who?

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
If we are able to find an acceptable new chairman from the board of directors or an investor with substantial funds who meets the requirement of the FA Rules on directors, then he should stand aside

Or a unicorn. Or a yeti.

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Knight will be gone before start of next season. Bloom will not put any further money in as long as he is still there

2 of the current directors

and this is possibly the best reason why Knight should go. Never before has he had to deal with people briefing against him (if these posts are correct - although I very much doubt there are 2 directors who have said this as there aren't many directors at the club outside of Knight, Perry, Brown and Cromer so it could only leave both Chapman and Bloom to have said this which is inconceivable). In my opinion, the extra capital that has come into the club has also come with a wide divergence of opinions and in some cases fairly destabilising 'noises'.

He is still the biggest single investor I believe and will have significant say even if he walks away as chairman. Life is too short, he has other things to do and perhaps he should see if some of these who are being noisy now can do a better job. One thing for sure is I doubt he will be as destabilising on the sidelines as some of these others appear to have been.

We may live to regret or thank this change in years to come. There were many who welcomed the incoming of Archer, Stanley and Bellotti because it got rid of their Bete Noir (Lloyd) hence the standing ovation the former MP got at the Gulls Eye Dinner. Who knows what the next administration whenever it comes, will bring?

As for Wilkins - I dont doubt it was a unanimous decision by the board to remove him. I think many of them had their own reasons to support it and I'm sure it suits some of them now to not be as vocal with those so as to hang the blame at one mans door (and that man has been willing to take that responsibility).

I do however think that Knight's biggest mistake was appopinting him in the first place - you can see from the argus article quoted a few pages back that he knew then that transfer dealings would be Wilkins' weakpoint and his naivety on the market may well have been what cost him the position in the end. Despite what cjd and others may say, having worked alongside Coppell, Adams and McGhee and negotiated with Chairman, players and agents for the previous 10 years he was better placed to deal with them than someone who previous 10 years experience (successfully) had been as a fantastic coach of the youth setup.

Knotty

Feb 5, 2004
Canterbury
If we are able to find an acceptable new chairman from the board of directors or an investor with substantial funds who meets the requirement of the FA Rules on directors, then he should stand aside.

However, as he saved the club from the depths pre-Hereford, he should be made Life President of the Club.

What is 'acceptable'?

Which of the current board members would be a good chairman? I've no idea.

And why would an investor with substantial funds automatically be a good chairman?

If I had won £58m in EuroMillions last night, a large chunk would have gone to the Albion, but would that make me a good chairman? I very much doubt it!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here