Time for Knight to quit

• Yes

Votes: 80 36.4%
  • no

Votes: 140 63.6%

• Total voters

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
How many football mangers tell all about the circumstances behind their departures? None, because which board would risk employing them if they knew they were gettign someone who'd spill the beans as soon as things went tits iup.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
and look what happened to him! Dead alcoholic who was given the chance to take on a job at the level his talents deserved, nationally or with a big club. And he was pretty much a one-off in many ways.

Yes he went on to make Notts Forest European Champions two years running after his much published sacking from Leeds. Can't get much bigger than that can you?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Yes he went on to make Notts Forest European Champions two years running after his much published sacking from Leeds. Can't get much bigger than that can you?

and where were they when he was given the chance to take them on? And where have they gone since?

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I have PM'd Bhadeb and this may come as a surprise, but we have had a courteous and civil conversation on both sides. She has told me her side of the story, and if she wants to say any more then it is her decision as to the truth. She says that she has a source at the club. If that source was at the board meeting, or was present when DW was sacked, then perhaps she does indeed have the truth.

Alternatively she could be being used by someone at the club who has a private agenda against DK and wants to destabilise the board by using her as a conduit to spread mischief. Who knows?
I just wish Bhadeb would concede that, regardless of how much she trusts her source, she may not have been told the truth. And even if she had, it may only be one person's perception and may not even be the complete truth. Until we know the source we can't judge for ourselves and the more strident the defence, the less inclined I am to believe it.

One thing for sure, the cessation of Dick's (hugely successful) chairmanship
will be decided by a much smaller number of people than the posters on NSC. And there's no guarantee his replacement will be any better.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
They, I think were a second division club when he took over and what happened to them after is surely not his problem is it?

But my point was that, as a result of his outspoken nature, no club that is one of the historical giants - liverpool, arsenal, man utd, even spurs - ever took a chance on him. I'm not disputing his skills in elevating Forest to a level above their natural one.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
But my point was that, as a result of his outspoken nature, no club that is one of the historical giants - liverpool, arsenal, man utd, even spurs - ever took a chance on him. I'm not disputing his skills in elevating Forest to a level above their natural one.

But my point is that Clough did spill the beans on Leeds United and he went on to better things than Leeds have ever achieved since. So who came out better off Clough or Leeds who have travelled down hill ever since?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
But my point is that Clough did spill the beans on Leeds United and he went on to better things than Leeds have ever achieved since. So who came out better off Clough or Leeds who have travelled down hill ever since?

So, to take your point to it's natural conclusion, if Dean tells all, we will become the new Leeds, and DW will lead someone like Coventry City victoriously to the final of the Champions League twice? :jester:

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
So, to take your point to it's natural conclusion, if Dean tells all, we will become the new Leeds, and DW will lead someone like Coventry City victoriously to the final of the Champions League twice? :jester:

Now you are getting silly, your statement said "
mr sheen How many football mangers tell all about the circumstances behind their departures? None, because which board would risk employing them if they knew they were gettign someone who'd spill the beans as soon as things went tits iup. "

You said NONE and I gave you one example.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Now you are getting silly, your statement said "
mr sheen How many football mangers tell all about the circumstances behind their departures? None, because which board would risk employing them if they knew they were gettign someone who'd spill the beans as soon as things went tits iup. "

You said NONE and I gave you one example.

fair enough, give me a couple more

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I would probably add Terry Venables and more recent Mourinho

neither of whom have similar records/profiles to our dear,departed Deano. How many lower league managers have one job, and are never seen managing again at league level? Loads, and doing something like spilling the beans will not help DW get another job.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
neither of whom have similar records/profiles to our dear,departed Deano. How many lower league managers have one job, and our never seen managing again at league level?

Not many as they usually join the lower league merygoround, but Dean may never want to manage again after his experience with a club who you surely must agree he loved.

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
Not many as they usually join the lower league merygoround, but Dean may never want to manage again after his experience with a club who you surely must agree he loved.

Why would i disagree with that? I have no idea whether he loved the albion or not. I just don't think he'd help his future employment chances by spilling the beans publicly.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Why would i disagree with that? I have no idea whether he loved the albion or not. I just don't think he'd help his future employment chances by spilling the beans publicly.

I do agree with you that it would not help and that is where these chairman can get away with murder. They can treat managers or players (Hammond & Savage) anyway they wish in the knowledge that it can harm them forever if they hit back. They can go public and paint a bad picture about people knowing that they are un-likely to be publicly corrected.

Correct me if I am wrong, but is Russell Slade not currently taking legal action against the Yoevil chairman for what he considers speaking un-truths about him?

Last edited:

Seagull73

Sienna's Heaven
Jul 26, 2003
Not Lewes
I do agree with you that it would not help and that is where these chairman can get away with murder. They can treat managers or players (Hammond & Savage) anyway they wish in the knowledge that it can harm them forever if they hit back. They can go public and paint a bad picture about people knowing that they are un-likely to be publicly corrected.

Tony, you're missing the point. Dean has himself decided not to go public for whatever reason, and he has had ample opportunity. The fact that he has chosen that should be good enough for the supporters, and certainly not blamed on DK if that's the choice he has made.

He could just have easily decided not to abide by the terms of the club, and spilled the beans.

fosters headband

Aug 15, 2003
Brighton
Tony, you're missing the point. Dean has himself decided not to go public for whatever reason, and he has had ample opportunity. The fact that he has chosen that should be good enough for the supporters, and certainly not blamed on DK if that's the choice he has made.

He could just have easily decided not to abide by the terms of the club, and spilled the beans.

If he had signed a legally binding confidentiality agreement then he could not spill the beans as you say.
These agreements are tied up with cash settlements and both sides agree to it.
This means one of the parties has something to hide.
What I have stated earlier in this thread is I don’t think that this kind of agreement has been established is in place, because if it were known to be so, then it is no use people keep on asking what was behind the sacking. It will just never be made public.
I do feel myself that one is in place, as Dean Wilkins would have most definitely spoken out by now, which really does make me also feel the club has something to hide

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here