• Yes

Votes: 80 36.4%
  • no

Votes: 140 63.6%

• Total voters

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
the large one already bottling out on my invite:angry:

Al has not bottled out on your invite to the show. Firstly Dick won't be on the show for a while and secondly I think if you are to come into the studio at some point it may be an idea if you came on a show prior to Dick coming on.

However, I want to meet you first and I am sure Al and Richie will want to as there are a bundle load of on air rules that need to be followed. A lot more than what Al listed, some are common sense rules - but the ones Al mentioned are a good starting point when in radio.

We have to follow the same rules as other stations and have to abide by Ofcom regs just the same. Whatever you may think of our show, it has been developed and worked on by a dedicated group of volunteers for a while and I am not going to let the show become degraded and us face possible discipinary action over a fan coming into the studio and breaking on air rules. That is why Al has said he is selective about the guests he brings on to the show.

He has to be.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Sorry, forgot to say I'm Jonny from the show.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
see your boss post above yours....you are running scared of the vulture

Pathetic, you are asked politely by two members of the radio station to put in an appearance and to back up your assertions and you act like a six year old calling names in a playground.

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
see your boss post above yours....you are running scared of the vulture

Boss :lol:

There is no boss! I am a producer of the show along with Al and Richie. I have been doing the show since it started so there may be some things like general regulation stuff that I may inform Al about due to my years in doing the show.

But there is no hierarchy.

I don't see what your problem is. No one is running scared. We cannot run a radio show like a fans forum so due to your aggressive track record on this forum and frankly quite out of order remarks towards Al then we need to be sure you can come on the show and be trusted to follow simple guidelines that all our guests over the last 6 years have followed.

And coming on NSC and putting threads such as fat Al etc doesn't make any of us confident you can do that. If you don't like the show or have points to make/criticisms that's fair enough, but don't get personal please.

Jonny

See it from our point of view.

vulture

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
Pathetic, you are asked politely by two members of the radio station to put in an appearance and to back up your assertions and you act like a six year old calling names in a playground.

Shut it el pres or I bite your lucky cock off:bigwave:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
And coming on NSC and putting threads such as fat Al etc doesn't make any of us confident you can do that. If you don't like the show or have points to make/criticisms that's fair enough, but don't get personal please.

Jonny

See it from our point of view.

Without wishing to take any sides I think that you must appreciate that a lot of the insults given to Al are self induced by his superior I am better than you attitude towards other posters. I laugh it off and think what an idiot and strive to wind him up more but a lot of other people dont have my nature and perhaps warped sense of humour

Aug 11, 2003
The Open Market
Without wishing to take any sides I think that you must appreciate that a lot of the insults given to Al are self induced by his superior I am better than you attitude towards other posters. I laugh it off and think what an idiot and strive to wind him up more but a lot of other people dont have my nature and perhaps warped sense of humour

The point I am making is primarily to do with the radio show though, although I understand Al has had presence on this forum for years as himself.

However, regarding Vulture, I have politely asked to meet him for a possible appearance on the show in the future which is a fair request due to comments made in previous posts.

The show has been disliked by Vulture and the abuse towards Al has stemmed from this.

We are just fans having a chat about the Albion on the radio and we try and get other fans and interesting guests on. When Dick Knight was on the show we asked him various Qs regarding the club and Al did ask about the board and the Wilkins/Adams saga, Dick gave the same answer we would have given SCR or the Argus.

I don't see what are the fuss was about personally - some liked the interview, others did not.

All fans are welcomed to get involved with the show, but must remember it's radio, so it's not going to turn into a slanging match.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Oh dear, you do have low self-esteem if you think I have that attitude.

Is that the level you have aspired to know - strive to wind-up? Personally, I'd stick to your advanced alcoholic-induced fantasies. At least you have an excuse for your behaviour at such an advanced age.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Jonny

I fully accept your views and reasons for saying it as I am sure nobody would want it to develope into a verbal free for all. I think that most of the insults have eminated from his arrogant attitude about offering vulture and indeed myself the opportunity to question DK but then having said that ridiculed the persons concerned for not accepting. In my own case he used the fact that I do not have the computer knowledge to be able to listen to your show and asked for your advice. Which I am thankful that you gave. I am also fully aware that in a straight debate on air DK would leave me standing simply because of his experience and ability to talk to the public if we were stood at a bar and arguing I am sure I would more than hold my own with him, on air it would be different.

Just read the post above to realise my point!!!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Jonny

I fully accept your views and reasons for saying it as I am sure nobody would want it to develope into a verbal free for all. I think that most of the insults have eminated from his arrogant attitude about offering vulture and indeed myself the opportunity to question DK but then having said that ridiculed the persons concerned for not accepting. In my own case he used the fact that I do not have the computer knowledge to be able to listen to your show and asked for your advice. Which I am thankful that you gave. I am also fully aware that in a straight debate on air DK would leave me standing simply because of his experience and ability to talk to the public if we were stood at a bar and arguing I am sure I would more than hold my own with him, on air it would be different.

Just read the post above to realise my point!!!

I think your idea of arrogance and mine don't tally. You seem to mistake ignorance for fact, and considered opinion as arrogance.

There was nothing arrogant in offering Vulture an on-air spot. It was - and still is - a genuine offer.

However, I still have to satisfy myself, and the others on the show that Vulture can behave himself. So far he hasn't proved that. That's not arrogance, and you are wrong to mistake for it. It's common sense. It's also the rules. I am certain you can behave yourself, but you have declined for your own reasons - though they are reasons that baffle me.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I would willingly come on to a general discussion about BHA and discuss most aspects of thje club but I fully appreciate that trying to argue with DK would be folly for me on air, over a pint in the pub is a different matter.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Oh please,leave it alone.

These constant rubbish polls will make absolutely no difference and are probably only started as a wind up.........which might have worked when this subject was first raised when Adam was a lad.

Just accept that whatever you feel - and I accept your right to your opinion - Mr Knight is not going to pack his tent and leave merely because of your views.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here