• Yes

Votes: 80 36.4%
  • no

Votes: 140 63.6%

• Total voters

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Can we have this post as a "sticky" mods...........?

Then all the people who keep laughably saying, Dick Knight is "only the Chairman.......he just does what the Board tell him"......can f*** OFF...!

What a laughably crap post from you cjd (not the first).

What is clear from the article (particularly the highlighted section) is that Dick Knight, CHAIRMAN (I.e. head of the company) was willing to help out his rookie manager wherever possible. Particularly when he was being thrown in at the deep end with no experience in management. He is specifically talking about a meeting with the new manager, but that does not detract from the board meetings speaking with Dean Wilkins.

Dick Knight should not be devoid of criticism and I cringe when the only rebuttal offered from various supporters is that he saved the club, but your obsession with ripping the man to shreds at any given chance is pathetic. I know. I know. You buy seven season tickets or something, so your opinion is correct.

twickers

Jul 17, 2003
It's gone mad on NSC, I don't enjoy it anymore. Who'd have thought that the season the shovel was used in anger to start Falmer we'd have such disunity and effectively calling for the complete disintegration of our club management structure. I just don't get it, or at least I don't get the sentiments on here any more. I've lost the plot with NSC and I don't mind that being my problem, even though my gut feel it's more often the obtuse views of a small minority.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
He was quite likely talking as the collective "I".

Regardless, as yet any twat that is calling for his head ( who appear to be in the minority ) hasn't some up with a decent response as to who should replace DK. Giraffe to his credit came up with an alternative way of running the club ( which I don't necessarily disagree with ) BUT as yet Vulture et al have come up with no coherant arguement.

Quite frankly until somebody does come up with a decent alternative I'll support DK and anybody who calls for his head can go swivel :salute::salute::salute::salute:

Lets just say from what i've heard there will be changes at the end of the season

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Giraffe to his credit came up with an alternative way of running the club ( which I don't necessarily disagree with )

Thank you, I try my best. I'm not anti Dick Knight in the same way as some. I respect the guy just think he has had his time, and rather than clinging on should gracefuly take a back seat with a proper professional appointed, similar to Martin Perry, to be the face of the board and run the club, as istructed by the board. Frankly I am not sure why anyone would not see that this makes sense. In a way it is what we had with Martin Perry until he moved completely into the Falmer role. I am just saying take this a little bit further, make Dick president, and appoint a proper chief executive, so we have a full time professional running the club.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
you prove it

I'm not the one questioning their every action, you are, you make up what suits you and then state it as proof and if anyone disagrees with you you call them a licker

Proof that it isn't Knight alone making the decisions - ok how about when McGhee was on the verge of dismissal after relegation from the Championship, it was proven that the board were split as to whether McGhee continued or not.

Why if it is just Knight running the club would the rest of the board even be discussing this. there are plenty of other examples to, But that doesn't suit your arguement does it and gets conveniently overlooked so you can continue to insult anyone who disagrees with your childish spiteful mad ramblings.

Do everyone a favor and just grow up or fcuk off to another club.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thank you, I try my best. I'm not anti Dick Knight in the same way as some. I respect the guy just think he has had his time, and rather than clinging on should gracefuly take a back seat with a proper professional appointed, similar to Martin Perry, to be the face of the board and run the club, as istructed by the board. Frankly I am not sure why anyone would not see that this makes sense. In a way it is what we had with Martin Perry until he moved completely into the Falmer role. I am just saying take this a little bit further, make Dick president, and appoint a proper chief executive, so we have a full time professional running the club.

That's the point, we do. His name is Ken Brown.

The fact that people don't know what he does (a la Dean White) does, to some, mean he is no good at his job. Personally, I'm not enamoured with the man, but that doesn't automatically follow he is utterly shit.

If you're talking about another layer of paid professional at the top of the club, perhaps someone could also come up with the idea of where to find that extra £100,000-£150,000 salary.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
That's the point, we do. His name is Ken Brown.

The fact that people don't know what he does (a la Dean White) does, to some, mean he is no good at his job. Personally, I'm not enamoured with the man, but that doesn't automatically follow he is utterly shit.

If you're talking about another layer of paid professional at the top of the club, perhaps someone could also come up with the idea of where to find that extra £100,000-£150,000 salary.

KEN BROWN ???:glare: who is he ? since he joined the club i'm sure he has changed his name to the Scarlet Pimpernel or he is really good at hiding

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
the lickers usual response when they have lost the argument

If everybody was of the same opinion how boring would that be and also that would signal a free hand to most chairman...so we do need both sides to air their views.....people just need to learn to live with it.......:falmer:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
If everybody was of the same opinion how boring would that be and also that would signal a free hand to most chairman...so we do need both sides to air their views.....people just need to learn to live with it.......:falmer:

It's not the different opinions that are the issue - it's just that Vulture and Ernest don't ever put forward a constructive arguement. They tend to favour abuse.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
It's not the different opinions that are the issue - it's just that Vulture and Ernest don't ever put forward a constructive arguement. They tend to favour abuse.

I think you'll find that there are 91 other league chairman that get abused on a daily basis on their respective teams websites no matter how well they are doing...thats life

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here